The Bourne Legacy (2012) Trailer - Jeremy Renner,Edward Norton

I was skeptical at first but that trailer has my interest peaked.  I'll check it out

THIS POST IS FOR THE NIKETALKERS WHO DONT PAY ATTENTION

THIS MOVIE IS NOT A PREQUEAL, SEQUAL, NONE OF THAT,

its just another guy who went in the same program as jason bourne

as you can hear in the trailer he says

"Bourne was only the tip of the iceberg "

Originally Posted by Kramer

Why don't they just call it a completely different movie?

Thats what I'm saying. Its not a reboot, sequel, prequel..so why include 'Bourne' in the title and story? $$$$ thats why

It looks good for making it so closely associated to the original Bourne trilogy may be a pitfall.
After sitting through 3 movies being told Jason Bourne is the most BAMF around you're going to come out with another movie saying there's an even more BAMF over here.
What is this? DBZ?

indifferent.gif

It is a completely different movie, but under the Bourne series. Naming it something else would "biting" and frowned upon. Just because Matt Damon doesn't want to act in a perfectly good movie series, does not mean they should kill it off.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Glad he's not Jason Bourne. The next one Matt and him gonna battle.

Give me an ending where this guy is finally free and then it flashes to customs where a "David Webb" is trying to enter the same country and I'll freaking lose it.

Or just have him walk by in the background somewhere.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Thats what I'm saying. Its not a reboot, sequel, prequel..so why include 'Bourne' in the title and story? $$$$ thats why
Coupled with the word legacy it makes some sense. Bourne was the first, the prototype, the success. Dude then goes on to become a legend when he goes for revenge. Everybody else coming out that program will be in his shadow.

Plus since they're using a lot of the same characters, same premise, etc. they got lazy and just kept the same name
laugh.gif

I'd love to see Renner and Matt in the next one, either battling it out or teaming up.
pimp.gif

It's a side story. Not everything has to be a sequel, prequel or reboot.
This is a story of another treadstone "agent" that went through the same program that the original bourne went through. Jason was the very first one. There have been many after him and this is focusing on another agent. 

besides, Rumor has it that matt damon will cameo the film. I'm sure we'll find out how the movie fits into the Bourne series timeline once we get closer to release date. 

This is just a teaser trailer and my bawls have been successfully teased. 

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Give me an ending where this guy is finally free and then it flashes to customs where a "David Webb" is trying to enter the same country and I'll freaking lose it.

Or just have him walk by in the background somewhere.

THIS would be awesome. Build the story of Renner's character and have them meet in a film or two. This could work out very well.

I think Renner will be more than able to pull it off. This looks like another attempt by Hollywood to milk a big franchise for what it's worth but with Renner and Norton...I'm there. If they tie it in with Jason Bourne and do it well...that's a whole other level.
pimp.gif

Wait....on Bourne Supremacy when he killed another agent he said him and Bourne were the LAST TWO from treadstone
nerd.gif

13 secs. in

- The trailer looks good though. Im a big fan of this series.

These are the kind of things that ticks me off with hollywood. Even the reboot ideas are wearing thin.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Wait....on Bourne Supremacy when he killed another agent he said him and Bourne were the LAST TWO from treadstone
nerd.gif

13 secs. in

- The trailer looks good though. Im a big fan of this series.
Treadstone is dead. Watch the preview again... Renner is an agent from operation OUTCOME, not treadstone. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by v8rman

These are the kind of things that ticks me off with hollywood. Even the reboot ideas are wearing thin.
People just aren't happy with anything nowadays.
Make a side story, and people complain it's not  a sequel. (bourne legacy)

Make a sequal, and people complain they're trying to milk the series and everything is getting old (hangover 2 & 3)

Make a reboot and people complain it's too soon for a reboot (spiderman) 

jesus christ guys just be happy the franchise is doing well enough to give you more entertainment with a proven history of kick asss films. 

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

It's a side story. Not everything has to be a sequel, prequel or reboot.
This is a story of another treadstone "agent" that went through the same program that the original bourne went through. Jason was the very first one. There have been many after him and this is focusing on another agent. 

besides, Rumor has it that matt damon will cameo the film. I'm sure we'll find out how the movie fits into the Bourne series timeline once we get closer to release date. 

This is just a teaser trailer and my bawls have been successfully teased. 

I think they'd be able to get by with Treadstone or Blackbriar in the title, all Bourne fans recognize those terms and they could make the connection without using Boourne in the title.

There's more intensity in his acting compared to Matt Damon, but, of course, that kinda sacrifices the confidence and calm Matt Damon showed. I just hope he is as clean and efficient as Matt Damon was in the same role.

Back
Top Bottom