The Bicycle Thread

Here is my bike that I just got today. I didn’t want a fast bike, just something to ride around the city and also hit some light trails on. What is everyone’s opinion on proper seat height? Reason I ask is I’m trying to figure out what’s too high and what’s too low, not sure how to gauge that besides the fact that if it’s too high I’d have trouble getting my feet down at a stop light.
80D3F78D-DA8A-4BBF-95C1-45A5F5EBA30C.jpeg

Check this out.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr thanks man. What do you guys usually do at traffic stops? Are y’all trackstanding or semi-dismounting? Rode around earlier today and I was naturally inclined to kind of push forward off the seat and stand over the top tube with a foot in the ground.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr thanks man. What do you guys usually do at traffic stops? Are y’all trackstanding or semi-dismounting? Rode around earlier today and I was naturally inclined to kind of push forward off the seat and stand over the top tube with a foot in the ground.
I either got one foot on the ground and just tilt the bike or stand over the top tube. Before I get to a stop, I'll start shifting down on the gears before the stop so when I push off on a green light, I can pedal faster right away.

We take red lights

But if it's too risky we just maintain our balance and don't let our feet hit the ground

pretty sure it was sarcasm...but anyone else actually run stop signs? 👀 i dont even know what the law is.. but i pretty much run every stop sign

pretty sure it was sarcasm...but anyone else actually run stop signs? 👀 i dont even know what the law is.. but i pretty much run every stop sign
I mean if I am being honest, I run stop signs when it's a 4 way stop. I can pretty much see if cars are coming or not by the time I run it. There are so many stop signs where I live that it'd be going no where if I stopped at all of them.

You are a vehicle on the road: law is that you have to stop.

Logic is that you better stop.

And look both ways just in case a 2-ton vehicle is coming through not obeying the stop sign. It's going to be hard to sue them from the grave. "It was their fault! They didn't stop!" might be your last thought ever if YOU don't stop, and look.

im tryna get on this level

I don't think you can do that on a road bike, cause once you start backpedaling the freewheel kicks in.

That wasn't sarcasm, i ride a fixed gear track bike and we're usually flying trying to catch all the lights. If i can't catch it then i do slow down before hand and try to maintain my balance until i see a line i can take.

Guys please don't run lights and stop signs lol. A lot of times drivers are just not going to have the reaction time to stop if you come flying down street out of their line of vision.

Can't keep track how many times I see this coming and going to work everyday.

Oh man, when I was in SF last year, a lot of their streets are steep. This group of about 4 kids riding downhill in the middle of the street with no F's given. They were coming up to a red light, 3 of them slowed down while only 1 said YOLO. I thought that dude was going to get creamed by the cross-over type of suv crossing the intersection. Driver swerved and while slamming on the brakes.

Tried looking for this thread a few weeks ago, couldn't find it for some reason. Nice stuff in here, still researching and familiarizing myself with the bike world after taking a few years off where I mostly focused on running.
Have an Aventon Cordoba that's switched to free wheel. Also have a Cinelli Vigorelli Road frame that I'm working on building up.
IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_8274.jpg

IMG_7867.jpg

Tried looking for this thread a few weeks ago, couldn't find it for some reason. Nice stuff in here, still researching and familiarizing myself with the bike world after taking a few years off where I mostly focused on running.
Have an Aventon Cordoba that's switched to free wheel. Also have a Cinelli Vigorelli Road frame that I'm working on building up.
IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_8274.jpg

IMG_7867.jpg

Aventon bikes are so aesthetic pleasing, but from what I hear they are/were cheaply made. How are you liking it? Any issues?

I was thinking of getting a cheap fixed gear or single speed for winter riding, but heard horror stories about aventon frames

So apparently there is a whole subculture of biking I was unaware of with all these Throne bikes or what not.
yoooooo i just figured this out too, i didn't realized they were fixed gear bikes either, just thought maybe 24" or 26" bmx cruisers. they always just bust wheelies (in groups) and unusually have rear pegs, i don't get the meaning behind the pegs though :lol:.
also they're metal pegs, gonna make some skaters furious :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom