The Best Thing You Ever Ate Vol. Foodietalk

I tried Salt Lick BBQ during a stop over at the Dallas Airport. I was kind of expecting a little more?

Maybe I just need to go to the actual restaurant next time.

6324640185_b17d7381c5.jpg

Baked gnocchi w romano & gorgonzola from Cecconi's (Miami)

thumb_600.JPG

20130409-peter-luger-cheeseburger-innards.jpg

Peter Luger Cheeseburger (only served lunch time)

o.jpg

Chicken Parm from a local spot in Brooklyn

But I love food all equally .. unless it’s straight up terrible and those crinkle fries and pineapple on pizza

macbk macbk the burger pics and that chicken parm looks :smokin
Yo how good are them peter Luger cheeseburgers? I've seen them mentioned on a grip of foods shows on the food network and the travel channel when they do their best burgers countdown :lol:

6324640185_b17d7381c5.jpg

Baked gnocchi w romano & gorgonzola from Cecconi's (Miami)

thumb_600.JPG

20130409-peter-luger-cheeseburger-innards.jpg

Peter Luger Cheeseburger (only served lunch time)

o.jpg

Chicken Parm from a local spot in Brooklyn

This post reminded me of a peppercorn burger I had a couple of times that had gorgonzola on it. Man gorgonzola is so good

macbk macbk the burger pics and that chicken parm looks :smokin
Yo how good are them peter Luger cheeseburgers? I've seen them mentioned on a grip of foods shows on the food network and the travel channel when they do their best burgers countdown :lol:

I play ball with someone who goes 1x per week for lunch with his friends just to get the burger. He says it’s by far the best burger he has ever had. Plain like a good burger should be on its own but the quality of beef is just second to none.

Reactions: Ube
I don't think a lot of folks have had fresh pineapple on a pizza, they get that canned **** that's why they hate it. That pure, deep sweetness of pineapple, with a nice cut of ham that adds the salt flavor, and some fresh hot peppers and that's heaven. I've had more bad "hawaiian" pizza than good though.

I don't think a lot of folks have had fresh pineapple on a pizza, they get that canned **** that's why they hate it. That pure, deep sweetness of pineapple, with a nice cut of ham that adds the salt flavor, and some fresh hot peppers and that's heaven. I've had more bad "hawaiian" pizza than good though.
I think the fatal flaw is the addition of tomato sauce. The ham, the mozzerella, the hot peppers...all of those flavors can go well with pineapple. The tomato just doesn't work. A cream-based sauce or no sauce at all would probably be better.

The size of the pineapple chunks definitely matters too.

You're right, i don't think there was tomato sauce on the pizza I ate. Caribbean isn't big on tomato sauce.

tombout pineapples and tomatoes don't go together like nothing al-pastor was ever invented. these mfs.

I get it, they probably shot the first person to dip fries in a milkshake but his sacrifice was not in vain.

man I love food. one of my biggest vices is spending too much going out to eat. I love to try new spots and tbh I should have been blogging or some **** for the past couple years to document all the places I've hit.

most recently i'd say my best meal was veal osso buco with spicy polenta from Roberto's in the Bronx. that was my main course but they also do a pasta with octopus and baby clams that was crazy. def one of my top restaurants of all time.

i had lots of memorable meals and some pretty expensive meals but one that i’ve passed on to others that have raved as much as i have was the miso ramen at a spot called kururi in tokyo. sadly they’ve closed but my wife and i have great memories of this spot. easily the best ramen i’ve ever had and i’ve had plenty in japan including tsuta which has a michelin star rating.
68BE67C3-3669-44EB-9F90-F22C310C56CB.jpeg

Think I'm going to try swordfish in the next couple months, its a new Italian spot downtown that sells it, I'm a big fan of seafood

It has a particular flavor that’s nothing like any other fish. I wouldn’t recommend eating it often as it has massive mercury levels, but once every month or so you should be fine. I like to grill it personally when I get thick cuts at Trader Joe’s.

Back
Top Bottom