The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Elaine Thompson will be next to each other. Was hoping they'd be spread out. :smh:

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 6.44.51 AM.png

Badminton is absolutely insane at the Olympic level. On par with Table Tennis for sports where I consistently find myself asking “HOW???” :lol:
I've been watching these events ever since the early 90's, so it's good to see that there's some appreciation for them. The reflexes, speed and agility required is definitely pretty crazy.

Might be the greatest women's 100m race ever with almost everyone going under 11.

What a run from Elaine Thomspson :wow:

Feel for Shelly-Anne after firing out the blocks like a firecrackers

That was some introduction to the 100 metre women's final like some UFC/boxing event.

Great performance from the Jamaicans.

I had it on DVR and slowed it down to try and see. Hard to tell but it looked as if he got clipped by another racer on the front tire.

:20 mark.

If someone can help with the embed, that would be great. Youtube/NBC is blocking it right now.
DAAAMNN he got slammed face first into the pavement going hella fast. someone’s gotta fight the BMXer who clipped his tire

hopefully he’s able to bounce back fully
It was more his front wheel hitting the rear wheel of the bike in front of him, circled in red. The front wheel of the bike behind him made contact with his rear wheel, circled in yellow, but that was SLIGHTLY after his front wheel made contact with the bike to his front.

Screenshot_20210731-075842_Samsung Internet.jpg

Plus rear wheel contact would hardly cause an accident like that. I've had cars clip my back wheel and I was able to self-right. Bikes go where the front wheel goes. Once he hit the back of that front bike, all bad. The accident is definitely from his front wheel contact as he tried to make a pass at the front. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing foul on this accident, but it obviously sucks BAD.

Has there been an update on his status?

-foe

Might be the greatest women's 100m race ever with almost everyone going under 11.

What a run from Elaine Thomspson :wow:

Feel for Shelly-Anne after firing out the blocks like a firecrackers

It was the greatest Women's 100 race. ET ran 10.61 with no tailwind. If she didn't point at the clock and ran right through she would've been 10.5. If you do the conversion with some tailwind she would've broken Flo-Jo's fake world record.

She pretty much has the current world record with the 10.61.

That was some introduction to the 100 metre women's final like some UFC/boxing event.

Great performance from the Jamaicans.

Track & Field has been working hard the past few years to improve the production to appeal to more viewers. It started around 2014 with small changes but the full boxing/NBA production before races started at the 2019 World Championships.

The time frame of all this is killing it for me. I don’t want to watch reruns and I’m not changing my schedule to watch anything haha. Not meant to be

Back
Top Bottom