^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Saw it last night and will probably watch again before the weekend is over. Needless to say, it was a great start to doing more Avengers movies.

I hope they bring in more members in the next couple of solo stories, so when the team assembles to take on
Spoiler [+]
Thanos
the battle can be much more epic. If they follow the typical trilogy recipe, the Avengers are going to lose the next battle and have to find some new tech, new members for victory in the third installment.

What this movie did really well was make the story feel believable. Nothing seemed far fetched because they did a good job with the back story in the solo movies. Imagine the Avengers box set when all the movies are done.
eek.gif
Marvel did this right.
pimp.gif

A lot of nerdgasms were had during the movie.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ the Herman Cain troll smile at the end...

Great movie, going to see it again today. I do think that Captain America's action scenes were lame. Except when he teamed up with other heroes (him and iron man on the bridge
pimp.gif
)

Great movie, going to see it again today. I do think that Captain America's action scenes were lame. Except when he teamed up with other heroes (him and iron man on the bridge
pimp.gif
)

I wish that they could rip a plot off the cartoon for the sequl and strand the Avengers in Thor's world...have them split in different areas of the world and they all have their separate adventure on the way to meeting up by chance.

I wish that they could rip a plot off the cartoon for the sequl and strand the Avengers in Thor's world...have them split in different areas of the world and they all have their separate adventure on the way to meeting up by chance.

Excellent movie, didn't disappoint at all. Some critic said something about you'll find yourself spontaneously clapping at some point in the film was correct. So many scenes I wanted to rewind and watch again. I'm definitely seeing it again. Lmao at "Herman Cain troll smile", i just realized it's a parody of that.
And IMAX 3D was amazing, that whole midnight showing experience was insane though, it was like a convention, so much people.

Excellent movie, didn't disappoint at all. Some critic said something about you'll find yourself spontaneously clapping at some point in the film was correct. So many scenes I wanted to rewind and watch again. I'm definitely seeing it again. Lmao at "Herman Cain troll smile", i just realized it's a parody of that.
And IMAX 3D was amazing, that whole midnight showing experience was insane though, it was like a convention, so much people.

Originally Posted by amel223

Spoiler [+]
When Stark made a suit of URU, 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Spoiler [+]
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

The best part of the Avengers? The Dark Knight Rises trailer.
Damn.  Why do Batman / DC fanboys gotta take shots at The Avengers?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

The best part of the Avengers? The Dark Knight Rises trailer.
Damn.  Why do Batman / DC fanboys gotta take shots at The Avengers?

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Spoiler [+]
could "the other" be Mentor, thanos father or Zuras, thanos uncle or Eros, thanos brother?
Spoiler [+]
Doubt it. His father was against his ways and so was his brother. Eros joined the Avengers for a while.

It'd be cool if "the other" was Mephisto in disguise cuz during the Infinity War he was advising Thanos throughout the struggle.
Spoiler [+]
how about the courting death line? mistress death?
Yeah that is definitely referring to her/it.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Spoiler [+]
could "the other" be Mentor, thanos father or Zuras, thanos uncle or Eros, thanos brother?
Spoiler [+]
Doubt it. His father was against his ways and so was his brother. Eros joined the Avengers for a while.

It'd be cool if "the other" was Mephisto in disguise cuz during the Infinity War he was advising Thanos throughout the struggle.
Spoiler [+]
how about the courting death line? mistress death?
Yeah that is definitely referring to her/it.

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Spoiler [+]
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Yeah, I'm sort of hoping for something like that and since these og Avengers have already been established, newer characters like Pym, Black Panther, or whoever they decide to throw in could get a lot of shine. And I know all the solo movies tie-in together in some small way, but besides the few small easter eggs in each others movies, there's really not much tie-in as they could've had in each solo movie to make this Avengers movie as epic as possible. Best case scenario is they go for an "Empire Strikes Back"-type second movie where the movie will end on sort of a cliffhanger leading into the third film, or at least all the solo movies from here on out will ALL lead to Avengers 2. 

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Spoiler [+]
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Yeah, I'm sort of hoping for something like that and since these og Avengers have already been established, newer characters like Pym, Black Panther, or whoever they decide to throw in could get a lot of shine. And I know all the solo movies tie-in together in some small way, but besides the few small easter eggs in each others movies, there's really not much tie-in as they could've had in each solo movie to make this Avengers movie as epic as possible. Best case scenario is they go for an "Empire Strikes Back"-type second movie where the movie will end on sort of a cliffhanger leading into the third film, or at least all the solo movies from here on out will ALL lead to Avengers 2. 

^^True but I hope whoever writes the films can do a better job then Iron Man 2, I don't want to watch a movie that seems like it's just a set up to an Avengers movie again.

^^True but I hope whoever writes the films can do a better job then Iron Man 2, I don't want to watch a movie that seems like it's just a set up to an Avengers movie again.

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

Solid movie didn't disappoint, man it's like no one knows about the comics, people stayed to see the ending clip, but it was like no one knew who Thanos was, I knew who he was, just didn't remember his name
When I was walking out the theater there was this chick asking the dude she was with who the guy was on the end and dude was so confident in saying it was Skrulls. I just wanted to smack him upside his head.

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

Solid movie didn't disappoint, man it's like no one knows about the comics, people stayed to see the ending clip, but it was like no one knew who Thanos was, I knew who he was, just didn't remember his name
When I was walking out the theater there was this chick asking the dude she was with who the guy was on the end and dude was so confident in saying it was Skrulls. I just wanted to smack him upside his head.

saw the 2D last night (not paying for that 3D wackness). movie was comedy. really fun to watch. hulk owned tho, dude was a one man team running thru walls, manhandling all sorts of aliens. avengers did not need to assemble honestly
laugh.gif

...scarlet johansson
30t6p3b.gif
that slow back shot when she was interrogating loki, had all the dudes in the theater including myself gassed. she was looking too good in the film.

.........gwyneth paltrow really surprised me too, she always looks dope in the marvel movies
pimp.gif

def paying to see this again.

saw the 2D last night (not paying for that 3D wackness). movie was comedy. really fun to watch. hulk owned tho, dude was a one man team running thru walls, manhandling all sorts of aliens. avengers did not need to assemble honestly
laugh.gif

...scarlet johansson
30t6p3b.gif
that slow back shot when she was interrogating loki, had all the dudes in the theater including myself gassed. she was looking too good in the film.

.........gwyneth paltrow really surprised me too, she always looks dope in the marvel movies
pimp.gif

def paying to see this again.

Back
Top Bottom