The age old question: Real Sneakers vs. Fake Sneakers

Originally Posted by p charm

let's be real, I can understand people wearing fake jordans under some circumstances but i still don't see the point in it. I just get a nice
laugh.gif
when i see people wearing them and move on. Wearing fake gucci louis higher end stuff is ridiculous because let's be honest wearing things like gucci is a status symbol it's not like they look aesthetically nicer then any other clothing it's all about the logo so wearing fake gucci your trying to fake people that your doin it big when your not. shrug
Sneakers that cost $150 are a status symbol. If wearing expensive sneakers isn't about the logo, then what is it about?

Doing it big? Like 10% of the population is doing it big, the rest of us are playing catch up.

Aside from Jordans (they have been getting their inspirations from replica designers for the past 4 years), NYC need to ban those Africans that sell those fake crap. Imitators are a disgrace.

I dont care bout people rockin fakes. only matters to Me when people who know they got fakes try to pass em off like they are real. THATS what bugs Me.

AJChick23 wrote:
There are also those out there that just don't know any better..and I wouldn't tell them unless THEY engaged a conversation about kicks first.

same here
I just leave em in their ignorance

But if they tried to "style" on me in fakes I'll put em in their place early

My campus is flooded with fakes though

Almost everyday I go to the gym on campus I see dudes benching in fake Js

The thing about it is alot of ppl can afford em but they just don't know about fakes and variants

The ill thing though is when they got ppl who really think that they're doing it

Remember Ruga or whatever his name was?

Those type of ppl deserve to get ragged

But for the most part I don't worry about what the next man is or isn't doing

As Jay would say "What you eat don't make me ++%$ "

well im in high school

if someone ask me if their shoes are fake....ill tellem and try to drop some knowledge
if they dont say nothin....i wont say nothing about it
lol

if they try and stunt on me then i might have to bust them out
i also find that i cant mess with girls who rock fake shoes....or purses ...etc. lol weird i know

funny thing is when they rock these ugly color ways that never came out then wanna act like they wearing some exclusive joints
roll.gif
roll.gif

i'd wear fakes for damn sure if i was still into jordans like that. i'm not gonna wear a $250+ 10 year old pair of shoes out to a party. i'd rather have a pair to wear that i dont care about. as far as collecting goes though, thats different

Originally Posted by tim teufel

funny thing is when they rock these ugly color ways that never came out then wanna act like they wearing some exclusive joints
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

If I couldn't afford higher end Jordans, I'd buy Team Js that are on sale or some other shoes that are on sale.

The not being able to afford higher end stuff is a load of crap. If you can't afford the real thing, buy something else. I would.

part of the reason i love the whole shoe game is the hype of getting the shoes. like do whatever it takes to get the real thing right? i mean if you dont have money then im sorry, but if you really love the shoes then safe up for them. get a part time job, save your lunch money, or do something. thats what i did in H.S. when i didnt have a job, i starved during lunch and saved my lunch money to cop a pair.

when I was younger I use to wear a referee whistle around my neck, and when i had seen someone with fakes, I would whistle, point at them and give them the "Technical Foul" Even gave em the T with hand motion, like a ref would do. Was at least 4-5 years ago, and me and my boys still laugh about it till this day

part of the reason i love the whole shoe game is the hype of getting the shoes. like do whatever it takes to get the real thing right? i mean if you dont have money then im sorry, but if you really love the shoes then safe up for them. get a part time job, save your lunch money, or do something. thats what i did in H.S. when i didnt have a job, i starved during lunch and saved my lunch money to cop a pair.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I don't care

But DO NOT front like you got a legit pair, make an !@@ out of yourself when we all know your @$*% aint real

This, Yea I see kids in my school all the time talking about fake Jays thinking that their real
smh.gif

Today I heard some black guy say "Damn I don't even know how she got those, that color never came out"
smh.gif

Fakes are unacceptable (If you clearly understand and know that you're buying fakes). Just buy something else...
Although it doesn't seem to be as big of a deal as it was years ago, you'll still get flamed for wearing fugazi merchandise.
This shouldn't even be a debate...

Now fake vs. real boobs on the other hand, I could care less...

wheres that one vid of that malnourished ethiopian showing off his invisible air jordan vii's in a small cellar bathroom.

that vid had me dying back. "Bakim Allah... FASHION. Y'all lucky I just learned how to use Youstube."

lololol

If you're a member of this site there is no reason to condone fakes. End of story. There only person I'd give a pass to is the person that baught fakes kicks because they were cheap and not because they were a cheap name brand. People who rock fakes and try to stunt like they have some super exclusive stuff really annoy me.

"I buy fakes because I can't afford the real ones." So then don't buy them. Spend your money on lower tiered sneakers if you want name brand kicks. Buying fake kicks and stunting makes you fake. What the next person wears/buys shouldn't matter to anyone, but if you're trying to front like you're doing it big, that's where you cross the line in my opinion.

My dream is to own a sneaker store, so fakes would eat away at my profit margin. I'm all over the place with this, but i think i made my point.

Originally Posted by NYH425

wheres that one vid of that malnourished ethiopian showing off his invisible air jordan vii's in a small cellar bathroom.

that vid had me dying back. "Bakim Allah... FASHION. Y'all lucky I just learned how to use Youstube."

lololol
LOL yeah that clown that was saying Young and Rich and they threw a party at a walmart parking lot with like 10 broke looking fools and said everyone out here but cops shut us down in his other vid..  LOL
roll.gif

Edit just found it if it should not be posted mods please delete, this is some funny *%#*

Originally Posted by bjamez20

i'd wear fakes for damn sure if i was still into jordans like that. i'm not gonna wear a $250+ 10 year old pair of shoes out to a party. i'd rather have a pair to wear that i dont care about. as far as collecting goes though, thats different

like everyone on here said, I don't care what the next man has on their feet, I just don't like people that front like they have on something legit when they know it's fake.

Let me ask a question

Does it bother you that a person is "fronting" with their knock offs, or that to the average person, the one with the knock offs looks just like you at a fraction of the price?

Back
Top Bottom