The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
McHale admitted Rockets secret goal is to have "an all lefty team." Up to 6, Jones, Smith, Harden, Papanikolaou, Motiejunas, sort of Dwight.
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) December 26, 2014
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Josh Smith finally on a team with real high expectations, definitely interesting
He's a problem. That's why he's been cut by the Hawks and the Pistons. Josh has all the talent in the world to be a Surge Ibaka type player but just doesn't respond well to coaching and just seems to be more about getting his than winning games. And look out below for them prayers he throws up from behind the 3 point line. I actually grew up playing against Josh, i played against him in Middle and High School. Buddy was slamming on us in the 8th grade.

Last edited:
He wasnt cut by the hawks, he chased the $$$ to play at a poverty island
He may have not been "technically cut" by the Hawks but they damn sure weren't giving him another contract to play for the Hawks. Even Hawks fans were fed up with him and he would get booed at home for his ******ed 3s he jacks up.

Last edited:
Oh I definitely agree a post game helps, but I'm just not sure whether KD will ever develop a reliable post game

thats my point. i unless kd develops a solid post game, i dont think he transition into the twilight years will be as graceful as melo, or bron. heck even dwade and kobe have solid post games and will turn into that andre miller type down the road (in terms of how they score).

thats my point. i unless kd develops a solid post game, i dont think he transition into the twilight years will be as graceful as melo, or bron. heck even dwade and kobe have solid post games and will turn into that andre miller type down the road (in terms of how they score).

I dont see how he cant put on weight and play like lamarcus & dirk once his athleticism takes a hit

idk i think his body type is pretty much gonna stay the same his whole career. im assuming that hes tried to put on weight, but just cant. my cousin is like that.

idk i think his body type is pretty much gonna stay the same his whole career. im assuming that hes tried to put on weight, but just cant. my cousin is like that.

Nah these dudes have top notch trainers, i think he chose to stay lean because of his style of play but if AD & nerlens can put on weight kd can if he really wanted to

Is having a top 3 pick, tons of cap & an AS caliber player not the right direction? I'm really thinking of what other scenario a rebuilding team could possibly want. Dolan is one of the worst owners in sports that i will never disagree with. However him giving Phil that much money & that much control gives me hope that he's finally letting the GM do his job.

If it's one thing we can't overlook is Phil knowing what it takes to build a winning team & finding correct pieces to make a team work. Nothing about Phil Jackson makes me think he's going to build a dysfunctional team, or try and fit pieces together that clearly don't work. He's been the opposite of that his entire career. If it's one thing Phil has always been able to do it's find role players who work perfect with his major pieces.

If the knicks even turn into a consistent playoff team, he's already the best Gm theyve had in the past 15 years. I'm in no way saying i expect him to build a championship team because their are SO MANY variables to doing that. But i have full faith that he will sign players who fit Melo's game & won't give out the horrendous contracts the Knicks are known for giving out.

I'm just going to avoid the obvious points about Carmelo, but say that the situation you describe is not ideal for rebuilding. He's simply going to be too old by the time a high pick matures to play with him, and the Knicks have consistently failed to attract top free agents when they've had cap room. Not to mention they are missing the following year's first, and their current young players have regressed in the existing team culture.

It's not a Nets-level disaster, but it's far from the ideal situation you describe. They really need to unload Melo for picks and assets that have a chance of being together at the same time.

He's a problem. That's why he's been cut by the Hawks and the Pistons. Josh has all the talent in the world to be a Surge Ibaka type player but just doesn't respond well to coaching and just seems to be more about getting his than winning games. And look out below for them prayers he throws up from behind the 3 point line. I actually grew up playing against Josh, i played against him in Middle and High School. Buddy was slamming on us in the 8th grade.
He was never cut by ATL.......

And you probably weren't even alive when he was playing in middle school.

Yeah Melo's having a "down" year, but who's gonna make it over him?

I'd be shocked if he doesn't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom