The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think you've explained your perspective enough
so harden is the better passer and shooter? and better handle then steph? 
roll.gif

curry is a better offensive player, better passer better handle better shooter. idk what i could explain.
THIS.

Anybody that watches basketball can relate to this.  As most will agree, Curry possess all the skill you'd want at the PG position.  Kids here are too young and forget about Nash, but Nash set this bar.  You have people confused talking up Rondo like some 'machine'.  It's not even CLOSE!

SI cover jinx going to be in effect tonight. AD's going to have a subpar game and the Pelis are going to get washed by GSW. That's my prediction.

I don't see why the Rockets as currently constructed couldn't eventually challenge for a title. In fact this year they have a chance to make a run. I wouldn't expect them to but I believe they could.

Once they start to add even more pieces down the road, I could see them being a true contender and expect them to make deep runs.

I still don't see why you think Curry is a franchise player but Harden isn't. Explain
The difference is in the progression and performance between the two.  Harden has not been willing to change, nor improve his style of play.  As a franchise player, you should be able to lead BOTH ENDS of the court.  Harden can only score, and that sells, but anyone that actually watches basketball KNOWS this doesn't last long.  When Harden develops a post move, another facet to his game, then we can talk.  When he's that GUY to lock down someone on defense, then we can talk.

Might I add, LBJ locked DROSE that year.  DROSE used up his knees trynna shake LBJ, but it did nothing !!!!!

EDIT: When Jason Kidd abused LBJ, and LBJ had no post move, he went and developed one.  When Kobe went from 8 to 24, he worked on his footwork even more!!

That's the difference.

Last edited:

The difference is in the progression and performance between the two.  Harden has not been willing to change, nor improve his style of play.  As a franchise player, you should be able to lead BOTH ENDS of the court.  Harden can only score, and that sells, but anyone that actually watches basketball KNOWS this doesn't last long.  When Harden develops a post move, another facet to his game, then we can talk.  When he's that GUY to lock down someone on defense, then we can talk.

Might I add, LBJ locked DROSE that year.  DROSE used up his knees trynna shake LBJ, but it did nothing !!!!!

That's the difference.
Curry plays both ends? Oh

Kills me when folks say "anyone who watches basketball" 
laugh.gif

Both Curry and Harden are elite/franchise/stars

Last edited:

Curry plays both ends? Oh

laugh.gif
Yes, you have to watch them play to see it.  Not just some stat or highlight.  That's just my POV.  Curry possess all the skills you'd want at the PG position.  His biggest threat is his ability to handle the ball and shoot the ball.  Like I said, not too many people look at the PG position this way.  Defense wise, I will give it a pass, because the PG is generally the smallest player there, and his 'function' is to run the team.  JMHO.

I'm late to your post but THE bolded part of your post is what i've BEEN saying when he was a Warrior! Monta ALWAYS puts out 100% effort which is why he's one of my favorite Warriors of all time and i'll continue to support him. I'm glad he's getting some shine now and hopefully, he won't get snubbed out of another All Star appearance.

I also always felt he got a bad rep for just being some ball hog chucker when i've seen plenty of times he'd try to get his teammates involved.

Anyway, great post. Salute!

There's only one other player I'd spiel like that about. And his name is Chandler.

And not Parsons, :lol:

Yes, you have to watch them play to see it.  Not just some stat or highlight.  That's just my POV.  Curry possess all the skills you'd want at the PG position.  His biggest threat is his ability to handle the ball and shoot the ball.  Like I said, not too many people look at the PG position this way.  Defense wise, I will give it a pass, because the PG is generally the smallest player there, and his 'function' is to run the team.  JMHO.

So you give his mediocre defense a pass because pg's are the smallest on the court

:smh: you make no sense

I'm late to your post but THE bolded part of your post is what i've BEEN saying when he was a Warrior! Monta ALWAYS puts out 100% effort which is why he's one of my favorite Warriors of all time and i'll continue to support him. I'm glad he's getting some shine now and hopefully, he won't get snubbed out of another All Star appearance.

I also always felt he got a bad rep for just being some ball hog chucker when i've seen plenty of times he'd try to get his teammates involved.

Anyway, great post. Salute!

There's only one other player I'd spiel like that about. And his name is Chandler.

And not Parsons, :lol:

Knick fans were actually excited when that trade went down :lol:

Maybe it doesn't make sense but Nash's MVP years have nothing to do with James Harden being the best 2 in the league today. He's been the best for a few years now, by default. Who's better?
I agree that he is in fact the best 2 guard today.

Last edited:
Remember up until last year when certain Warrior fans on here refused to give Steph props and still were claiming that Monta was better?

laugh.gif

Harden - 25/6/6.5 on 41% shooting (he gets to FT line a lot so his true shooting has got to be better)

Wade - 21/3.5/6 on 53% shooting

12% is a lot when you're a high volume guy is all I'm saying

So you give his mediocre defense a pass because pg's are the smallest on the court

mean.gif
you make no sense
Are you serious?  So you are telling me a PG should be winning the DPOY.  That is not even the point.  Do you expect Fisher, Parker, Curry to be lock down defenders at the PG position?  Of course NOT!!  The point here is that Curry possesses the skillset MOST WOULD WANT at the PG position.  OKAY?  That means, his ability to shoot, dribble, pass and create will FAR have more importance than his ability to LOCK DOWN the best player on the other team.

Like I suggested, RONDO is no where near CLOSE to what CURRY provides at the PG position.

Harden - 25/6/6.5 on 41% shooting (he gets to FT line a lot so his true shooting has got to be better)

Wade had the moves, more moves than Harden if you ask me.  I would hold Wade over Harden all day.

One is carrying his team & the other is a 2nd option that played 5 gms

heard john Stockton on dan le batard's show yesterday, I would take him to coach the thunder in a heartbeat over scotty
Not a Brooks fan either, but I'm not trading him for an unproven Coach. I don't think I'd do that. 

monta 
Ellis>Klay
at least they both > harden. 
I must put you on someones prayer request list.
@NickSwagyPYoung: You can still be cool and get good grades, me personally I was the opposite swag out and dropping out, my grades were all bad.

OH lord, how do you misspell your OWN name in your OWN twitter handle?

I'm really starting to like this guy though, for his nonchalance . He's pretty stress free

damnnnn he prolly told her he was leaving her. cant trust these chicks mans.

the scary part of being a pro.
It's also crazy how the County Attorney there has now given a free pass for women to press false domestic abuse charges without any legal repercussions.
sick.gif
That's exactly what he did.

He didn't press charges to keep from sending a bad message to potential victims.

Yet, he just gave power to  thots, who now know they won't be punished for blackmailing or lying on someone.
I used to feel this way.(5 months ago)

I think I compared him to Jordan/Pippen sitch meaning he'd need to be the #2 option at best, to win.

I was wrong.

Harden for sure can carry a team to a Chip as the #1 option(just not this year)
laugh.gif

People use this to reach on proving a point, when they have no argument.

When I see it I usually move on from the topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom