The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by dreClark

Lamar Miller and Tommy Streeter (Miami) have declared for the draft. Somewhere, CP weeps

Another first rounder from the U
pimp.gif
(Idk if he will be he is filthy)

651Paul, maybe the Vikes should take Mo Claiborne that high after watching Tebow and "Bay Bay" torch your corners/secondary all game second-half. 
laugh.gif

Dre, as an overall prospect I just don't think Mo rates better or even with PP. That coupled with NFL teams hesitant to take CBs with top 5 selections could mean Claiborne "falls" in the 6-12 range. If that's Minnesota's guy come draft time, they could benefit from picking up some extra picks and trading down to get him IMO. 

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Claiborne may have a slight edge in cover skills + he brings return skills. Depending on how he tests, no telling how high he goes
Exactly. And his great cover skills is what Minnesota could use. Would be very happy it if he remains in purple and yellow.
Oh god yes, please. I beg.
cat-begging.gif

Overall you may be right, in that PP's return skills are better (though Mo is no slouch). But as far as playing CB goes, there isn't anything that Pat can do that Claiborne can't. I agree that hes likely to go after 5, bur if he doesn't i won't be surprised. What the %%!@ are they feeding these boys out @ LSU man
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
#**# is ridiculous

Lamar Miller and Tommy Streeter (Miami) have declared for the draft. Somewhere, CP weeps

laugh.gif
:rolin Streeter is a first roun pick according to at least one NTer.

At this point I want my bears to lose out that should get us around a top 15 pick right? At least I hope so

*sigh* Such a mistake by both of them.
30t6p3b.gif
They will be fine pros, but they need another year, they both wore down late this year. I love more Canes in the NFL, but when the @#$% am I gonna get to keep some kids at the U to help them out? Damn it.

Last Updated: December 4, 2011
1. Indianapolis Colts (0-12)
2. Minnesota Vikings (2-10)
3. St. Louis Rams (2-10)
4. Washington ******** (4-
glasses.gif

5. Philadelphia Eagles (4-
glasses.gif

6. Carolina Panthers (4-
glasses.gif

7. Miami Dolphins (4-
glasses.gif

8. Cleveland Browns (4-
glasses.gif

9. Tampa Bay Bucs (4-
glasses.gif

10. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-
glasses.gif

11. San Diego Chargers (4-7)
12. Arizona Cardinals (5-7)
13. Kansas City Chiefs (5-7)
14. Seattle Seahawks (5-7)
15. Buffalo Bills (5-7)
16. New York Giants (6-6)

source:
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-nfl-draft-order/

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Claiborne may have a slight edge in cover skills + he brings return skills. Depending on how he tests, no telling how high he goes

Exactly. And his great cover skills is what Minnesota could use. Would be very happy it if he remains in purple and yellow.
This is a start. I'd be happy to get Claiborne. We're currently 2nd or 3rd in the order I think....hopefully we can trade down some and nab him along with some extra picks. 

Miami DT Marcus Forston and OL Ben Jones has declared for the draft as well.

I think the 4 (Miller, Fortson, Streeter, Jones) haven't signed w/ agents yet, so not official.

I went thru the first half of Baylor/Texas on DVR last night, does RG ever set his feet? 
ohwell.gif

I didn't like that at all.  I loved his arm on that first throw to Wright, but he never ever dropped back, set, and threw.  Everything was moving around, and then throwing.

I'll prolly get the second half in tonight, and I know he finished with a bang and all that, but he doesn't seem as polished as Luck and Barkley are right now.  He has the arm though, no mistake about that, and he could be hard to get down in the backfield the way he moves, I just want to see some solid footwork from him. 

Course, he probably has better footwork than Gabbert does, but that's not sayin much. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  God Gabbert sucks, they have to take a QB next year, they can't go another year of Gabbert I don't think.  What a damn waste of their last 2 first rounders. 
sick.gif

Gabbert just.....wasn't good. Definitely a good decision to declare last year rather than wait until this year

i was listening to mike francesa on wfan here in ny and he had some quotes from archie manning

the last quote was that he doubts luck and peyton will be on the same team.

now that may not mean anything but my 49ers would take any of the 2

Aside from last night Alualu had been real solid. Not as good as last year but he's the least of their issues.

Yo, give Gabbert some time, damn. He's the youngest QB in the league with absolutely no receiving corps. It's crazy how people are calling him a bust 10 games into his career.

If I remember correctly, Gabbert was a prospect that was raw with a lot of upside going into the draft. He wasn't supposed to be thrown into the fire right away. People are already talking about drafting a quarterback in the first round of the upcoming draft, really? Give the dude some weapons, good coaching, and a competent offensive coordinator before you declare him a bust.

I will admit, however, that Gabbert needs to grow some balls, both in the pocket and in regards to throwing it deep. The kid has all the intangibles, he just needs to put it all together!

Dude, he won't throw the ball 6 yards 2 months into the season, what should we think? Even Tebow throws a couple deep every game.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Yo, give Gabbert some time, damn. He's the youngest QB in the league with absolutely no receiving corps. It's crazy how people are calling him a bust 10 games into his career.

If I remember correctly, Gabbert was a prospect that was raw with a lot of upside going into the draft. He wasn't supposed to be thrown into the fire right away. People are already talking about drafting a quarterback in the first round of the upcoming draft, really? Give the dude some weapons, good coaching, and a competent offensive coordinator before you declare him a bust.

I will admit, however, that Gabbert needs to grow some balls, both in the pocket and in regards to throwing it deep. The kid has all the intangibles, he just needs to put it all together!

He's a bust now, and he'll be a bust forever.  We don't need more time to see anything because he's showing you what he is right now. And no, he does not have all the intangibles. Not even. He's quite the opposite. He's got the physical tool set, but seriously lacks toughness, leadership, and all other intangible categories.

He won't throw it deep so he's a bust? C'mon Man!

Like I said, he does need to throw it deep more, no question. Did you ever think that maybe if he had say Alshon Jeffery and Vincent Jackson, he might throw it deep a little more than he does with Jarrett Dillard, Jason Hill, Chastin West, etc. etc.? The Jaguars have no deep threat in the passing game. Their receivers get NO separation. I'm not saying Gabbert has been playing outstanding, but I think it would be ridiculous to rule him out as a possible good NFL QB.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ "showing you what he is right now...." Do you realize how many quarterbacks showed terrible QB play in their rookie seasons and turned out to be pro bowlers/hall of famers?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

@ "showing you what he is right now...." Do you realize how many quarterbacks showed terrible QB play in their rookie seasons and turned out to be pro
bowlers/hall of famers?

You're taking a generality and applying them to Gabbert.  Show me something else, because you're relying on past occurences of QB's who aren't Gabbert to support your claim that he will get better. Blaine Gabbert will not be a quarterback who turns it around.

What do you want me to say? All the rookies that are having success right now have big time #1 receivers.

He WILL improve from the level he's at right now. GIVE IT TIME!!!

Blaine Gabbert is really, really bad. I'm sorry but that dude is the worst starting quarterback right now. And will continue to be the worst starting quarterback next year if they start him again. There's even guys that are backups right now that will end up having better careers than him. Locker, Mallett, Flynn and Josh Johnson are better than him and will continue to be better than him.

Back
Top Bottom