The 10 Best Video Games of the Last Five Years (As Per Complex)

It was fun, but to me not the best.

One man army + noob tubes + danger close, rampant hackers, commando pro, unbalanced weapons (ACR + famas), akimbo 1887s ...

Post launch, MW2 has TERRIBLE support.

I stopped playing after 3 months.

I've owned every CoD except the PS2 ones. CoD:UO was my favorite.

You say it became repetitive after MW2, but is it because those games came after?

I'm guess what I mean when I say repetitive is that the novelty of the series wore off. I didn't like black ops and when my friend put me on to battlefield it became a wrap for me. I don't even consider the cod series to be that great but I would be lying to myself if I didn't admit it was one of the most enjoyable games I had played within the last 5 years.

Yeah I also used the m16 and also the scar. Aa 12 was such a dope secondary. Walk into a room with your finger on the trigger and you could clean house.

Do people think gta 5 is that good? I'm halfway done and it's a fun game, but wouldn't put it that high. I loved Mass Effect 2, RDR, and The Last of Us. Still have to play Bioshock Infinite.

Do people think gta 5 is that good? I'm halfway done and it's a fun game, but wouldn't put it that high. I loved Mass Effect 2, RDR, and The Last of Us. Still have to play Bioshock Infinite.

My guess is that GTAV is getting high accolades partly because its such a technical masterpiece. The graphical and interactive depth, and the overall improvements to the series are huge. And yet, like a lot of people, I found myself sort fading away from it without even finishing. SO on a technical level, its unquestionably one of the 10 best. But from a fun/memorable perspective, it comes up a little short for me. To be honest, I feel like one of the worst changes made to GTAV was the checkpoint system. Yeah it took the frustration of repeated fails out, but it left me feeling no satisfaction when I had completed a tough mission. I still enjoyed it though

Im curious to know why so many people seem to prefer ME 2 over ME 1? Obviously some of the game technology was improved, but I felt like the story was weaker, and they gimped the RPG elements and weapon tech

Last edited:
Didnt like RDR that much. It was decent, had more fun with Max Payne 3. GTA V is the best game of this generation though...

And back to this melee vs. brawl argument :lol:
I still can't believe you guys. I own all 3, played them RELIGIOUSLY when they dropped ESPECIALLY melee and when you play brawl you can feel how tight those controls are. Minus the random tripping (which I feel like is hilarious in the heat of battle) and the smash balls (which were suppose to be in the original smash bros but technological limitations prevented that) brawl is just a beautiful game. I mean the orchestrated intro to the vibrant level design :smh: I really don't get the whole appeal of melee over brawl but its not the first time I've heard it. Whatever though, you guys can keep your stiff *** air dodges

Didnt like RDR that much. It was decent, had more fun with Max Payne 3. GTA V is the best game of this generation though...

And back to this melee vs. brawl argument :lol:
I still can't believe you guys. I own all 3, played them RELIGIOUSLY when they dropped ESPECIALLY melee and when you play brawl you can feel how tight those controls are. Minus the random tripping (which I feel like is hilarious in the heat of battle) and the smash balls (which were suppose to be in the original smash bros but technological limitations prevented that) brawl is just a beautiful game. I mean the orchestrated intro to the vibrant level design :smh: I really don't get the whole appeal of melee over brawl but its not the first time I've heard it. Whatever though, you guys can keep your stiff *** air dodges
People probably prefer melee over brawl because the nostalgia, the controls are much better in brawl and everything from the levels to the music to the characters was much improved

He's saying that Sonic the Hedgehog was the only good sonic game which is preposterous.
All of he sonic games were great until sonic 06 onward
Sonic Adventure 2 was the start of it. That game wasnt good and it set the Precedent. Sonic Colors and Generations have been the only decent games since. Lost World looks ok though.

The non competitive Melee stages>The non competitive Brawl stages. Poke Floats>All.

What are you even saying right now :x :x :x :x.

The only reason I still play Lylat Cruise is because its the stage with the Star Wolf theme, and I DESPISE Pictochat. The other three maps were decent but in terms of ridiculousness Poke Floats is king.

Kirby Fountain of Dreams theme is the best song in smash period.

He's saying that Sonic the Hedgehog was the only good sonic game which is preposterous.
Sonic Adventure 2 was the start of it. That game wasnt good and it set the Precedent. Sonic Colors and Generations have been the only decent games since. Lost World looks ok though.

The non competitive Melee stages>The non competitive Brawl stages. Poke Floats>All.
Sonic adventure 2 was a great game,, top 3 sonic game for me

Lost world looks too much like super Mario galaxy :smh:

People probably prefer melee over brawl because the nostalgia, the controls are much better in brawl and everything from the levels to the music to the characters was much improved

If you play the game somewhat competitively, there's no comparison. Melee destroys Brawl in all factors. Takes way more skill, is much faster paced, so much more technical stuff that just isn't there with brawl. OTOH, if you're just a casual gamer, Brawl is probably the better game. Easier to pick up and play, more stuff, crazier items, etc. But judging them as fighting games, there's absolutely no comparison. Brawl is a joke compared to Melee.

My guess is that GTAV is getting high accolades partly because its such a technical masterpiece. The graphical and interactive depth, and the overall improvements to the series are huge. And yet, like a lot of people, I found myself sort fading away from it without even finishing

I totally lost all interest in that game.

I'll probably end up trading it in toward BF4 or the new Arkham game.

A list like this has to be divided into single and multiplayer oriented games, if its done straight up, no mutliplayer games should be making the list. They arent as immersive as single player games and of course thats how this list played out.

I hate Mass Effect, but the vast majority loves it so whatever.

LOL at GTA V being so high, come on people. Every Uncharted game and Last of Us was better than GTA V. Almost all the games on the list are better than GTA V. Dudes are drunk.

Where is Skyward Sword? Where is one of the Batman games? I never got into Portal that and Mass Effect could have been dropped for those two.

Never played Hotline Miami

Agreed with everything said here. How TLOU isn't #1 is beyond me. GTA V being higher than that or Uncharted 2 and MGS4 is a joke.

I totally lost all interest in that game.

I'll probably end up trading it in toward BF4 or the new Arkham game.

Rent the new Arkham. Can be finished in two days if you sit in play. Didn't try multiplayer at all. Wasn't necessary for this game.

For those who say GTA V is the best game of this generation, what games do you play? This generation had great games and to say that's the best game deserves an explanation.

Nah bruh. NAH. You not finna disrespect SA2 like that.

Sonic Heroes was the actual beginning of bad 3D sonic games, and I still had fun with it.

I agree with the list except it needs Batman (either, Asylum probably because it was more impactful.) and Skyrim

Back
Top Bottom