The 10 Best Video Games of the Last Five Years (As Per Complex)

this is all true. but in terms of balancing, even in melee there are 3-4 characters that are competitively viable (zelda/fox/mario/marth). overall the slower characters dont get enough benefits for being as slow as they are
@sea manup No, no no. competitive viable characters is more than the majority of games.

fox falco sheik marth peach captain falcon iceclimbers
I never knew Ice Climbers put in work until I watched a tournament, that chain grab
sick.gif

Bioshock is worth every penny 

RDR tho 
smokin.gif

I'm currently on a quest to get a $1,000,000 bounty. I'm only at like $20,000 after a few days.

The God-awful intro stages of RDR knock it down the list of all time greats. Shooting rabbits on the farm and all the other tedious ranch jobs. Following Bonnie around on horse back traveling at a snail's pace. :stoneface:

Overall, the world was impressive, but the story mode fell flat to me. I couldn't even tell you what happens in the story besides the ending.

Last edited:
Guys i know this is random, but I'm doing a project for my marketing research class in college. We chose to do it on ps4 vs xbox1. I made an 8 question survey to see who wants what and why. could yall help me out and just take 5 minutes to answer? I really need the help. so far its heavily leaning towards ps4 lol i need more opinions

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7DM77DV

Last edited:
Guys i know this is random, but I'm doing a project for my marketing research class in college. We chose to do it on ps4 vs xbox1. I made an 8 question survey to see who wants what and why. could yall help me out and just take 5 minutes to answer? I really need the help. so far its heavily leaning towards ps4 lol i need more opinions

I did your survey, but I have a few constructive suggestions.

1. The wording is odd, often using the phrase "which system do you prefer" even though neither console has released yet. How do I know what I prefer until I've tried it?

2. Question 4 is super confusingly worded, and I'm guessing that is probably your most important question.

4. Many people feel as if the Xbox One ignored their customer's opinions and as a result, opted for the Playstation 4 instead. After a massive backlash following the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) towards the Xbox, Microsoft reversed their stance on their policies. Many didn't care about the policies or sided with Microsoft once they took back their changes. If you are familiar, which group do you fall into and why? If not, write N/A.

Make it more clear which "groups" you think people should associate with

3. Question 5 has too few choices, and seems biased towards by omitting TV related features.

5. What will be the top 2 uses for your console?

Gaming
Blu-ray/DVD Player
Internet
Pandora or other music streaming
Netflix or other video streaming
Skype or other video chat

I recommend including among the choices something that accounts for multi-tasking TV/Cable/Sports features .
Thats a major selling point for XBox and a big distinction between PS4

Last edited:
I did your survey, but I have a few constructive suggestions.

1. The wording is odd, often using the phrase "which system do you prefer" even though neither console has released yet. How do I know what I prefer until I've tried it?

2. Question 4 is super confusingly worded, and I'm guessing that is probably your most important question.

Make it more clear which "groups" you think people should associate with

3. Question 5 has too few choices, and seems biased towards by omitting TV related features.

I recommend including among the choices something that accounts for multi-tasking TV/Cable/Sports features .
Thats a major selling point for XBox and a big distinction between PS4
noted, ill tell my group this right away.

i know for these kinds of projects its best to keep in simple but.. no love for the wii u?
frown.gif

Hotline Miami is sooo dope. Everything from the simple gameplay, to the phenomenal soundtrack just makes the game a def top 10. Glad that it was featured.

One game that I'm disappointed didn't make the list was Fallout 3! That game was amazing. The concept of the game was so well executed, and I've gotten a lot of fun out of that.

Hotline Miami is sooo dope. Everything from the simple gameplay, to the phenomenal soundtrack just makes the game a def top 10. Glad that it was featured.

One game that I'm disappointed didn't make the list was Fallout 3! That game was amazing. The concept of the game was so well executed, and I've gotten a lot of fun out of that.

Yeah the soundtrack was dope, really captured that 80's vibe to it

NAWZLEW did you not like Cod MW2? it was the cod everyone loved before the series became tired and repetitive. 

Last edited:
MW2 was fantastic.

It's not my absolute favorite but I put more hours into it than any other game this generation.

I still play it.

I probably played more MW2, but my favorite of the series has always been COD4.

- 3 simple kill streaks: Just enough for a lot of fun chaos, but nothing game-breaking or grief inducing
- Balanced weapon classes: There was an effective use for SMG, AR, and LMG on almost every map. MP5 and P90was the boss
- Headquarters: HQ wasn't gimped and was the rainmaker for XP
- Shipment: COD4 had Shipment, nuff said

After COD4, it became ALL about game-breaking killstreaks, instead of the streaks being just a fun wrench in the works of an otherwise excellent FPS

Last edited:

Took it.
MW2 was fantastic.

It's not my absolute favorite but I put more hours into it than any other game this generation.

I still play it.
MW2 was the best COD game I dont care what anyone has to say regarding balance, it was FUN.
Y'all didn't like the first Black Ops?
Nope. Modern Warfares are the best COD games. Sold my Black Ops one after like two months couldnt get down with it.

I have Ghosts but I'm hoping its more like Modern Warfare than anything.

Last edited:
NAWZLEW did you not like Cod MW2? it was the cod everyone loved before the series became tired and repetitive. 

It was fun, but to me not the best.

One man army + noob tubes + danger close, rampant hackers, commando pro, unbalanced weapons (ACR + famas), akimbo 1887s ...

Post launch, MW2 has TERRIBLE support.

I stopped playing after 3 months.

I've owned every CoD except the PS2 ones. CoD:UO was my favorite.

You say it became repetitive after MW2, but is it because those games came after?

Back
Top Bottom