That Hookup Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some connects that would get me pairs early, but they moved on to better jobs and I stopped buying every release that came out. I know only have a couple mediocre connects.

Having a connect has been good to me.  Been blessed to find a new connect every time one moves on to better things!

What no restrictions now. When this happen? I use to always get reward to only use on force fields or shoe laces. I need to find a fnl connect now.

...have a store manager connect for almost 7yrs...just dropped my $400 to secure my two pairs......either size 10.5 or 11s depending of fitting......i get to walk in on release date and pick them up... he buys them before his employees get to purchase......been that way for all the XI releases...hooray for christmas gifts from the wifey...

Europa family >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You on Concord XI release day...

U137P200T1D299199F10DT20100111231625.jpg

Me on Concord XI release day...

chilling-baby-gorilla-is-chilling-big.jpg

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

chilling-baby-gorilla-is-chilling-big.jpg

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ME ON THE OTHER HAND, NIKE EMPLOYEE STORE CONNECT FTW.

No connects. I do the Internet hunt or pay resellers prices. A lot of these lines no
Longer became worth it when I graduated.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ME ON THE OTHER HAND, NIKE EMPLOYEE STORE CONNECT FTW.

YOU WIN!!

i have had my connect since 98, hes the manager at HOH Galleria now but been messin with him since he was just a reg employee at Footaction in Greenspoint here in Houston

I have gone to the same place to get jordans for 10 years.Its nice to know you don't have to break your neck to get a pair
especially for what is coming. For those what out a hook up hope you get what you all are looking for come next Friday. I live in Austin Tx. I would be willing to help a few out being it is the season.

my connect taxes an extra $25 for holding hot shoes.. then they never come with a receipt so he gotta be using employee discount, if i buy 2 pair i've almost bought him 1

Wish I could....there's a girl at my school who works at the local FootLocker, but it would be dirty as *!++ approaching her just for some kicks.

I'm gonna go into this Concord release, ask for my size 13, if they don't have it, get the closest size to it, and trade with someone on here or sell em and buy from hype sellers.

got my connect at fln never wait on any relesases i buy 2 pair one at retail and on on 30% disco! yes!!! however my connect wont let me get 2 concords this go round cuz of lack of shipment 24 pairs!!!!!

Had five friends at my local Footaction that worked there at the same time so I was just one call away from securing a pair or two. Haven't had to wait in line for years now. Even if for some reason it didn't pan out I always have other people for that would take care of me.

I was the connect for the last couple of years but quit my job at FTL since I'm finishing up grad school and it did really nothing for my resume (plus I promised my girl I would get outta kicks). I can honestly say there is nothing better than being connected around this time of year. Having been on both sides of the fence I will def tell all you guys without a connect to start making nice with these shoe store people throughout the rest of th year it def pays off

Used to be my own connect.. but ever since I left FTL it hasn't been the same.. i definitely miss not paying retail and having just about any release locked down before they came out.. but as much as i love my shoes, I wasn't going to work there for the rest of my life and had to make a career move.. i'm happy i did what i did and now make at least twice what i did there most months and i have my weekends to relax and enjoy my family..  thankfully i still have a few true friends from my time working there and can get helped out getting my pair(s).. don't get that consistent discount anymore since that $500 limit goes fast, but just knowing that i can get a pair in my size without having to wait is usually enough for me.. got one pair of Concords locked down, but my second pair is up in the air since i guess a bunch of ftl's aren't going to be getting them due to some production problems.. my boy said 200 ftl's are being affected so who knows what the deal is, but i'm sure it will only add to the madness on release day.. 

If the production causes these to be limited resellers are gonna be taxing thruogh the roof

my connect be goign strong for about 5 years now and got a lil scare as was almost promoted to dm in florida but it didnt happen so im safe for a while now but yes not having to deal with lines and headache is a major plus

I used to work at Champs, through there I've connected with a good amount of employees and management. It's safe to say my networking is still spreading. Best advice I can give is just be friendly with people that works there. I remember when I was working, there would be regulars that always lined up for early releases. Like someone said, we all shared a common interest and that was sneaker. Bare in mind, this was 04' I don't know how people are these days. Everybody might just be in it for themselves.

I made a connect as soon as i walked into a foot locker, i asked the girl at cash register if I could pre order the concords, she told me it was all sold out (canada) but she asked me for my # and told me she'd call me as soon as a preorder was available lol

My friend has the hookup at a local spot. Have 2 pairs of Concords and my Durant Nerfs on lockdown for $465 total. Ridonkulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom