Tekken vs. Street Fighter/Street Fighter vs. Tekken Gameplay, Trailer, Rundown of Gameplay pg. 5

New news:
• The target release date is two years from now. Ono expects the time frame for another major announcement to be next year's Captivate, which is held in April.

• The reason for such an early announcement at Comic-Con was because Capcom wanted to do something for the fans.

• Development on the two sides is being handled completely separate. They will not be sharing information between the teams. Capcom will be doing their own designs for the Namco characters, and Namco will handle designs for the Capcom fighters. They're also working separately on the gameplay for both titles.

• Yoshinori Ono said they're thinking about making the game 2 vs. 2.

• It will be a 6 button input system, like the Street Fighter games, however Ono mentioned that he'd like to add something that he referred to as an "assist" feature. He said the iPhone version of Street Fighter 4 has something of an answer here — a feature that lets players feel that they were able to do tough moves.

• Development on the game began just one or two months ago, but Ono thinks that Capcom's version will probably come out first.

• They're considering putting in the early generation characters from each franchise.

• Both sides are looking at these games as a competition and not a collaboration, as they want to challenge each other in all areas, from sales to game play.

Cliffnotes:
Coming out 2012
Both Namco and Capcom will be doing their own thing on both games. Neither will help work on each other's games.
Thinking about 2 on 2
6 button input system like Street Fighter, but wants to somehow throw in assist, as well
Street Fighter vs. Tekken will probably come out before Tekken vs. Street Fighter
Considering putting in early generation characters from both (EG: Ryu, Ken, Kazuya, Jin)
Both games will be competing one another in terms of sales and gameply

New news:
• The target release date is two years from now. Ono expects the time frame for another major announcement to be next year's Captivate, which is held in April.

• The reason for such an early announcement at Comic-Con was because Capcom wanted to do something for the fans.

• Development on the two sides is being handled completely separate. They will not be sharing information between the teams. Capcom will be doing their own designs for the Namco characters, and Namco will handle designs for the Capcom fighters. They're also working separately on the gameplay for both titles.

• Yoshinori Ono said they're thinking about making the game 2 vs. 2.

• It will be a 6 button input system, like the Street Fighter games, however Ono mentioned that he'd like to add something that he referred to as an "assist" feature. He said the iPhone version of Street Fighter 4 has something of an answer here — a feature that lets players feel that they were able to do tough moves.

• Development on the game began just one or two months ago, but Ono thinks that Capcom's version will probably come out first.

• They're considering putting in the early generation characters from each franchise.

• Both sides are looking at these games as a competition and not a collaboration, as they want to challenge each other in all areas, from sales to game play.

Cliffnotes:
Coming out 2012
Both Namco and Capcom will be doing their own thing on both games. Neither will help work on each other's games.
Thinking about 2 on 2
6 button input system like Street Fighter, but wants to somehow throw in assist, as well
Street Fighter vs. Tekken will probably come out before Tekken vs. Street Fighter
Considering putting in early generation characters from both (EG: Ryu, Ken, Kazuya, Jin)
Both games will be competing one another in terms of sales and gameply

so... Paul vs Ken, Fei vs Law?, Sagat vs Bruce... wouldn't that be the basically the same thing? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

At the beginning of the vid Ryu misses the hadouken and kicks Kazuya back into it
Can you do that in SF4 and SSF4?

that kick is a special move that ryu had in 3rd strike its his "donkey kick" but nah he doesnt have that move in sf4 or ssf4
I knew the kick looked familiar
I haven't played the new SFs all too much so I didn't know he didn't have it anymore

the kick is called the "blade kick" and it hasn been in an SF game since III................

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

At the beginning of the vid Ryu misses the hadouken and kicks Kazuya back into it

that kick is a special move that ryu had in 3rd strike its his "donkey kick" but nah he doesnt have that move in sf4 or ssf4
I haven't played the new SFs all too much so I didn't know he didn't have it anymore

the kick is called the "blade kick" and it hasn been in an SF game since III................

wow so theyre really doing it. and theyll be doing two separate games, with 2d and 3d formats. looks cool.

wow so theyre really doing it. and theyll be doing two separate games, with 2d and 3d formats. looks cool.

After seeing the gameplay video, I'm pretty stoked for this. Both for me, but I'm more excited for the Tekken version.

After seeing the gameplay video, I'm pretty stoked for this. Both for me, but I'm more excited for the Tekken version.

Originally Posted by JRodski

YDBoUnCe wrote:

JordanF1end wrote:

YDBoUnCe wrote:

That kick has only been in SFIII... (and TvC, if you wanna get technical...)

Originally Posted by JRodski

YDBoUnCe wrote:

JordanF1end wrote:

YDBoUnCe wrote:

That kick has only been in SFIII... (and TvC, if you wanna get technical...)

Back
Top Bottom