Tekashi 69 lookin at RICO

So Jay Z taking over def jam and redirecting all the budgets of everyone else's projects to his own had nothing to do with NY falling off?

Does Jay even acknowledge himself as a NY rapper? Him and Bey in Africa "creating a new genre"
no one else in ny can make a song without jay-z?

No. But he had a lot of other heavy hitters on the roster besides him waiting.

6pac 6pac is a big fan of 69

Where did I say I’m this huge 69 fan :lol:

He had some joints and the yelling flow was cool but he didn’t bring anything to the game that I can’t survive without

thats cool but why put a picture of yourself testifying against your peoples though when he claims to be a gangster rapper

If he can afford the security, his best bet is to get a reality show/become a YouTuber and continue making hard rap music with the attitude of “**** you I wasn’t doing 50 for y’all ******” etc. to that effect

****** who care about street rules and **** won’t rock with him but they wasn’t really rocking w him anyway. There’s a whole generation of kids who don’t give a **** and empathize with them making the same decision if put in same position

And there’s also the majority...****** like me who don’t really give a damn either way and wouldn’t care if I never heard another 6ix9ine record but I’m not walking out the damn club or going to the wall if he catches another one and it comes on

He can salvage a career but he just gotta change what he was doing, not necessarily how he was doing it.

Y'all are in denial if you don't think 69 couldn't still rap after all this. He was big overseas

So Jay Z taking over def jam and redirecting all the budgets of everyone else's projects to his own had nothing to do with NY falling off?

Does Jay even acknowledge himself as a NY rapper? Him and Bey in Africa "creating a new genre"

Don’t know how valid this is but did he not only release two albums during his Def Jam run? Kingdom Come and American Gangster? How did those two albums take EVERYONEs budget? Not to mention are we referring to the same era that had Ross, Jeezy, Rihanna, Ne Yo, The Dream, Fab, etc. on Def Jam’s roster?

IDK about that one but I also was in elementary/middle school at the time you’re referring to so I wasn’t paying attention to the behind the scenes ****.

No. But he had a lot of other heavy hitters on the roster besides him waiting.

I mean X wasn’t exactly the streets hottest artist at this time to deserve budget over Hov who was coming back from “retirement”

Don’t know how valid this is but did he not only release two albums during his Def Jam run? Kingdom Come and American Gangster? How did those two albums take EVERYONEs budget? Not to mention are we referring to the same era that had Ross, Jeezy, Rihanna, Ne Yo, The Dream, Fab, etc. on Def Jam’s roster?

IDK about that one but I also was in elementary/middle school at the time you’re referring to so I wasn’t paying attention to the behind the scenes ****.
He moved on without alot of those established NY rappers

IMO we fell off because

-no unification*
-dj's wouldn't break new artists
-rocafella breakup
-50 as a gatekeeper*
-labels chased the next ying yang twins/ppl that cared about bars, etc. downloaded instead of purchased

*reason for no unification

So DMX wasn't the hottest at one point? Seriously?

Definitely not in 05-07 when Hov was Def Jam president

You talking like he got that role in 01-03 and is the sole reason for X falling off

When X took that break to do movies and came back with the Great Depression that's when his decline started. That was 02. Jay wasn't fit to be def jam president but to blame him for X decline is just some Jay hate creeping out. :lol:

X couldn't stay off the pipe and his music started to lose that feeling. That's why he fell off.

Jay a snake

Back
Top Bottom