Teens are procrastinating getting Drivers licenses VOL. they BROKE

Noone in my fam drove so that insurance was gunna be hefty for me once i had some money to buy a hooptie around 20. Once u graduated college and got my first job I saved up and took driving classes at a driving school passed then test and bought the whip wit minimum liability insurance at 22. Felt goodman

Back in my high schools days cats were selling candy, snacks out the box to buy fresh gear. Not everyone were fortunate to have rich parents. But the hustle was definitely real amongst the sneaker head crowd.
Yea, this is still happening with this current generation as well. (Not saying you said they weren't.)

Iono I gave up my car when I moved (back) to the city...

Tried to donate it to charity but several wouldnt call me back, not sure what to do if places won’t even take it for free

Don’t blame them.... I use to be paying 1600 every 6 months for car insurance. After my car accident (not at fault), it was raised to about 2300.

For an average income worker, that would be to expensive. Heck I’m still refusing to pay that amount, currently trying to find a new insurer

Driving is overrated. Gave up my car 2 years ago (actually just took plages and insurance off and stashed in relatives garage out of state). Been riding my bike to work, using rentals on occasion. I drive my lady's car when we go out. I'm almost 45 and have lost 30lbs, got my 6 pack back and best of all busting the old lady's *** properly again. :pimp:. I'll go get us a sandwich since you can't move

That’s some hard *** work though man...

Being on a curb crew would be brutal. Doing hand curb 12 hours a day...

it’s not so bad for the guys who pump everything but even that I wouldn’t want to do.

I make two dollars less to drive the truck and flip some switches, I couldn’t be a laborer.

Yeah, that laboring will make a man out of you :lol: :rofl:g

Concrete is heavy AF.

Man I watch these dudes push buggy’s and I feel bad.

Most guys these days pump it or use power buggy’s but the small companies still do it the old fashioned way.

Driving is overrated. Gave up my car 2 years ago (actually just took plages and insurance off and stashed in relatives garage out of state). Been riding my bike to work, using rentals on occasion. I drive my lady's car when we go out. I'm almost 45 and have lost 30lbs, got my 6 pack back and best of all busting the old lady's *** properly again. :pimp:. I'll go get us a sandwich since you can't move

with all due respect your logic when it comes to driving is not unlike a alcoholic who has lost control calling liquor or other adult beverages "overated"

A lot of it has to do with driver detail. The teenagers now hate to see more crashes on their resume, which means they're actually getting smarter.

In my days, my girlfriend (now one of my wives) drove - and so did my parents; her parents drove, and had jobs as well. The only reason I needed a car was because of employment, and, having sex with her - in the car.

uber and lyft are reliable enough and more marginally cost redactive so it's more economically responsible to hold someone else accountable for road safety, so, that's why parents are spending like I am - have the children, teenagers, and backpackers get ready, confirm the ride and save money and, time - using technology.

This isn't 1971 when seat belts weren't needed in California. Driving is exhilarating, though my children don't need to know police enforcement will alter their life. They play video games like GTA V as a 3 year old, and that's just my child Bobby. He just started using guns too, his babysitter said.

In my case, I'd rather wake up, get the newspaper, enjoy the commode, read, smoke, exercise, shower, enjoy going over my business, work, have dinner and enjoy my wife. Knowing all of my children get to school, and work on time on a $700 a week plan. With life, auto, and health insurance - driving is retiring soon. And, with cost effective manufacturing - driverless vehicles will make a market itself, hopefully as this site runs as the economy does.

with all due respect your logic when it comes to driving is not unlike a alcoholic who has lost control calling liquor or other adult beverages "overated"
What :lol: wouldn't that be a former alcoholic that's back in shape, slanging wood like a young man again and has a social drink from time to time. Your statement sounds like somebody who just started driving recently. You'll learn grasshopper

What :lol: wouldn't that be a former alcoholic that's back in shape, slanging wood like a young man again and has a social drink from time to time. Your statement sounds like somebody who just started driving recently. You'll learn grasshopper

i been driving over a decade plus, to quote Uncle Ben "with great power comes great responsibility"

you can't just pass da buck on physical fitness because you have to drive to your destinations...you gotta get ur activities up elsewhere, for your own health.

i been driving over a decade plus, to quote Uncle Ben "with great power comes great responsibility"

you can't just pass da buck on physical fitness because you have to drive to your destinations...you gotta get ur activities up elsewhere, for your own health.
You prolly the gym rat type of dude and that's not me, I try to do yoga 3 mornings a week with my bae. My jo is 8 miles from the crib so that 16 miles a week is all the physical fitness I need. When I factor in gas insurance parking and car maintenance it's like I'm paying myself to exercise. A decade, yeah u just started driving lol. I was slamming Cadillac doors a decade before you started driving.. and truthfully if my lady didnt have a whip in the household I probably wouldn't have given up mine completely but still feel driving is overrated.

:lol: hardly, i just know calories that come in must be burned out.
if a deficit isn't compiled l, you're gonna gain weight.
I played basketball regularly into my 30s once I stopped I got love handles in about 2-3 years. That started me on healthier eating but nothing beats sweating through a tshirt.

Cars are expensive AF nowadays. When I turned 18 in 2005 I could either lease an entry level whip like a Civic with a co-signer for $150-200 a month or cop a decent used car for a couple g. Those same cars are like $280-350 for a new driver with no credit, and even a used Accord that’s 5-6 years old with 60k+ mileage gonna run you close to $10k

Back
Top Bottom