Teens are procrastinating getting Drivers licenses VOL. they BROKE

Not really...

When television came...same thing was said.

When the video games came...same thing was said.

When the internet came...same thing was said.

Adaptive, b.

Time change. :lol:
I meant more so the parenting now days setting these kids up for failure. Not so much changes in tech and the way the world operates

more Hemi's for us

hemis gotta be bought long term to continue to thrive.

imma keep it a 100, speaking from experience? most millennials got caviar tastes, and canned tuna budget...which combined with easily bruised egos & instant gratification, they're not even trying to enter da driving life unless they're pushing a AMG, //M, SRT, SS, GT, A spec, type R, SI, etc...they don't wanna crawl first in a respectable hooptie 1st.

I CLOSELY observe and deal with dozenS of families on a yearly basis.
And you don’t see the issues? I see a ton of parents resulting to just giving these kids their cell phones when they act up. I’ve seen so many kids disrespecting parents on a daily and all these parents do is hand them a device and walk away. There’s no discipline anymore, no respect. Just give them something to occupy them so they shut up and you don’t have to deal with them. My house i limit cell phone and video games to one hour a day. We eat as a family we do everything as a family. You don’t see that anymore today

And you don’t see the issues? I see a ton of parents resulting to just giving these kids their cell phones when they act up. I’ve seen so many kids disrespecting parents on a daily and all these parents do is hand them a device and walk away. There’s no discipline anymore, no respect. Just give them something to occupy them so they shut up and you don’t have to deal with them. My house i limit cell phone and video games to one hour a day. We eat as a family we do everything as a family. You don’t see that anymore today
I never said I don't see ISSUES.

I am simply saying that things we say about kids/bad parents NOW, have been said in every era.

Perspective makes us believe it is worse now, but we simply are older and are able to see it with ADULT eyes.

So I am saying it doesn't happen more now than it did 20 years ago.

I never said I don't see ISSUES.

I am simply saying that things we say about kids/bad parents NOW, have been said in every era.

Perspective makes us believe it is worse now, but we simply are older and are able to see it with ADULT eyes.

So I am saying it doesn't happen more now than it did 20 years ago.
I see your point. But disagree. Parents now days are lost. Parenting now days is nothing like it was in the 80’s and 90’s not even close

I see your point. But disagree. Parents now days are lost. Parenting now days is nothing like it was in the 80’s and 90’s not even close
You are making sweeping generalizations that (once again), I heard my grandmother and older neighbors say when I was in elementary school.

It is cool, perspective.

Every era thinks their era was better than each era that comes after.

I am sure in 2065, kids on Niketalk will be saying the same things we are saying now

You are making sweeping generalizations that (once again), I heard my grandmother and older neighbors say when I was in elementary school.

It is cool, perspective.

Every era thinks their era was better than each era that comes after.

I am sure in 2065, kids on Niketalk will be saying the same things we are saying now
Agree to disagree

damn i got my License soon as i hit 16

i was so hype lol now i hate driving anywhere tbh if ima keep it real

parking on my street even with a sticker is a *****. its the worse too many cars not enough spots

Driving used to be a class in high school, now you gotta pay over $400 to take a drivers course. Kids can’t learn unless their parents teach them and in this day n age parents are lazy af, so they don’t learn and instead learn to stupidly spend their money on uber lol.

For a teen or person in their early 20s it’s cheaper to drive your folk hand me down car than to spend $8-10 on uber daily that’s 50-70 a week...I put $30 gas a week tops.

My nephew just missed a job oppurtunity for not having a license.

I remember adding me to my parents insurance when I was young increased the bill by around $140 a month though ....
No one seems to be factoring that in.

schools suck at teaching you real world applied skills that's gonna make you instant money (vocational for example)
They are trying to push this, "Everyone needs to go to college" narrative, it is sad. Many kids aren't even reading within 4 grade levels of their actual grade by time they graduate but they need to go to college.

It is done on purpose

Ppl driving less is trending in all ages...on demand ride shares and ppl moving back to the middle of cities is making em think less about driving n owning vehicles

It will all balance out tho...they gon be driving when they hit their 20’s with responsibilities and haven’t moved downtown yet

They are trying to push this, "Everyone needs to go to college" narrative, it is sad. Many kids aren't even reading within 4 grade levels of their actual grade by time they graduate but they need to go to college.

It is done on purpose

man...i envy old guys that could weld, and do body work, or even cut hair and learned it from a early age.

with skills like those you'll never be poor.

Seems this generation is all about short term fixes for long term problems that cost 10x more...but that fits right into the structure of things today where we literally lease EVERYTHING down to the music we listen.

No one owns anything anymore, and that’s by design. All these share programs are just another way to have people reliant on a controlled option that can be pulled away at anytime.

I don’t wanna grab my tinfoil hat, but I’m about to.

This is a good point. Actually thread worthy.

It is done on purpose

Yeah, pushing kids to go to colleges that keep increasing in tuition / costs and this is a world where a bachelor’s degree might be less valuable than work experience on resumés.

It is done on purpose
College transformed from being about education to big business a long time ago...even just 1 year of loans is big profit

Know cats that only went for a semester before realizing it ain’t for them, that still got bread to pay back :smh:

I always ask my daughter if she wants to drive around the parking lot or whatever and she has no interest.

I could drive at age 9. :lol: she’s 12, whatever I already let her know she’s not getting rides everywhere when she’s 16.

hemis gotta be bought long term to continue to thrive.

imma keep it a 100, speaking from experience? most millennials got caviar tastes, and canned tuna budget...which combined with easily bruised egos & instant gratification, they're not even trying to enter da driving life unless they're pushing a AMG, //M, SRT, SS, GT, A spec, type R, SI, etc...they don't wanna crawl first in a respectable hooptie 1st.
Gotta think social media got a lot to do with this as well...u know whatever car they start out with gotta be posted for the likes

We ain’t have to worry bout all that, just was happy to be on the road in anything decent :lol:

Dang younger generation :smh:. Man I couldn't wait to get my license back in high school. Took driver's ed @ 16 in my junior year & passed. Took driving lessons that summer going into my senior year. I had a great driving instructor. Dude basically taught me how to drive. I used to drive my mom around on saturdays & my dad on sundays to get my skills up. Got my license @ 17 :smokin.

Side note: My Driver's Ed teacher brought out da tv & played F&F : Tokyo Drift and Gone in 60 Seconds for us during class :rofl::rofl:.

I remember adding me to my parents insurance when I was young increased the bill by around $140 a month though ....
No one seems to be factoring that in.

I didn’t factor this in, mostly cause a lazy parent isn’t gonna do that lol, a lot of folk don’t even have car insurance since it’s so high.

But driving and having a license means you can get a job and at least help with that insurance bill.

Yea, I don't by the, "It is cheaper" nonsense either.

Also, you have to factor in convenience which also makes having your OWN car a better option.

Gas isn't the only thing you're paying for when driving your own car.

The car note, insurance, repairs, paying to park, license plate sticker, city sticker, parking tickets

Back
Top Bottom