++++++TEAM VINTAGE HEAT THREAD++++++

Great those Air Pressures. I remember picking them up back in '91 for next to nothing... There was this little outlet store in my hometown before they opened up a new Footlocker. Probably old Footlocker stock. Can't remember much of it but they had Air Mariahs and Sock Racers 'n stuff.
The guy at the store told me that the Pressure were designed for skydiving... the pump area provided extra support upon landing.

I hardly wore them because everyone made fun of me everytime I wore them to school :lol:
laugh.gif
Team AM Fam

oh and by the way, is ebay a goodplace for vintage?

these came in! 45 usd plus 20 usd shipping
item description stated that these were "used"..after a close look, they werent used at all, no crease at all at the toebox, soles look pristine, ....

:b
tongue.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

164940_5dc2423bb8_l.jpg
Team Vintage Heat​

Never too old.​

FOR SALE: NIKE KISS MY AIRS T-SHIRTS. PM me for prices and sizes!

Revolutions! oh, the memories!

High-tops... they don't make em like they used to...
VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES​
TeamMUFC​

Wow. This thread is unreal. I'm gonna take some pics real soon and apply for membership.

Also, I'm sure someone in here can give some ways to clean these kinds of shoes that are 10+ years old? I just don't think Footlocker cleaner will do, and I don't want to mess them up.

One more question, how do you guys store this stuff? Does anyone use silica packs?
TeAM Fam

Hey Kapepper, you're doing a good job on keeping the thread alive. One of the best threads on NT. Keep it up. What's going on everybody, I've been seeing a lot of heat in here since the last time I posted. I haven't posted in here for a while because of school and work but here's a few of my pick ups I got lately.
They are both DS and sz. 11 as you can see. For a pretty good price, too.

I also got a pair of original 1985 Air Jordan I's, once again sz. 11.
Team Vintage Heat​

Never too old..​

vwtjkg.jpg
8)
glasses.gif
, but replace the Omnis with the OG high top pump.

Here's another oldie but goodie. So clean I hate to part with them.

20ky62s.jpg

2wqyhed.jpg

282gld0.jpg
:smh:
smh.gif
:rolleyes
eyes.gif

in regards to storing shoes.. dont use silica, nor should you have them ever touching your shoes, itll dry them out.
for me, i keep all my shoes in their boxes when theyre not being worn.. pretty much out in the open. i used to have them all packed away in a closet that i never opened but it was hard to get them out when i needed them.

i dont think theres a definate way to prevent yellowing/ cracking etc. i've tried different things and none have seemed to work as well as i hoped. shoes will yellow and crack regardless.

very nice revolutions though, theyre so clean. i'll post some more pics over the weekend.

peace

I'll never change, this is K everyday.

Quote:
Oh and :smh:
smh.gif
haha they wouldn't have gone so cheap but mr kapepper got a nice little steal. lucky i didn't bid :tongue:
tongue.gif
i'm white. since that matters....I'm moving up in the shoe game at break-neck speed...

Been a long time since I've visited. Very nice stuff everyone, you guys have been getting some steals.
Team Vintage Heat​
Never too old.​

great changs mike! (btw, i am size 11.5-12, and indeed late twenties, just turned 30 actually :smokin
smokin.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
164957_6e391cb8fc_l.jpg
164952_f3e47e41dc_l.jpg
Team Vintage Heat​

Never too old.​

Wow those pegasus' are very nice.

Babylebron: I'm 19 too. Most of my "Vintage Heat" is thanks to my pops, a retired sneakerhead himself
TeAM Fam

Mike - nice pumps... are those all the pumps you have or are there more?

lboiczo or Karl - no silica? but will humidity ruin the shoes? Its really humid (like 85-90%) in my neck of the woods, which is why I'm concerned...

Happy Birthday Karl...
VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES​
TeamMUFC​

Interesting find at a thrift store yesterday..I personally dislike cortez but it's something about the DS originals that makes me want to buy every pair I see and put them on display.

Only if they were a big size :frown:
frown.gif
TEAM DIRTY
Cause we get them Dirty deals

Karl, those aces are very nice, you never see any in that condition.

As for storage and preservation, I mean I pretty much gave up trying to use diff methods that may actually be more detrimental to the shoes. I dont use silica either like you guys said. Just basically keep the stuff in a dark place, away from any exposure to light or excessive heat. Thats all you can really do. I think if you enclose them or seal them in something it may just SLOW the yellowing, but may accelerate the cracking and brittleness.

Im no science major, but thats just what Ive observed from having so many of similar types of vintage shoes over the years. Also, one thing everyone is forgetting, its almost pointless to try and stop the aging once you buy the shoes with whatever methods you have - reason being, unless you're the original owner, you don't know where they have been over the years, what states, countries, shipping conditions, storage conditions, what they've been exposed to, etc. Different locations have very different climate conditions, this effects how the shoe will deteriorate.

I can go on about this, but basically time is going to screw the shoes.

One guy I've seen who seems to have some type of method was that guy retired jordans. I dont think he was the original owner of all his stuff, I could be wrong though, or maybe he got lucky and got most of his AJ IV's from the same person. Anyway, his AJ IV's were soooooo clean I cant even begin to describe. They were OG and just whiter than white, almost no yellowing of the sole, and no cracking. I think he said he had some "secret" to it. but whatever. I think most other people who just happen to be lucky at having their shoes not deteriorate so rapidly are just that, lucky.

On another note, I slept on these reeboks. You NEVER see this shoe, especially in this condition. it looks like the air trainer SC II kind of :rofl:
roll.gif
k9t110.jpg
2gy3jwy.jpg

thanks for the info Paul,
i also think depends a lot on the storage of previous owners...

those are aces were sitting in their box for the last 15 years i guess, it didnt harm them to much

a couple of more pics...they came with booklet, tag and og box, to bad its a size 9

Team Vintage Heat​

Never too old.​

I had to bust out my old ext hard drive the other day for some music, and I took a little stroll through memory lane with pics i've saved over the years. the following were and/or are mine:

OG AF I - sold for near $600! crazy shoes in person

351wgee.jpg

air force III philly - so crisp, love these (still have em) i found the pic the seller had when he sold them to me, i think he labeled them like old nike bball shoes, lol

24ux4dx.jpg

alphas IIs (sold to someone on NT, forgot his name)

25j8fbm.jpg

another one of my fav group pics

34o35sl.jpg

group of OG revs, sold the grays and replaced them w/ a blue pair, think im done with those..but still have em

24vs474.jpg

kinda regret selling both of these : (

dvskea.jpg

at SC II (my grail, but sold because they are used)

257husw.jpg

air bound 90 (sold to Dj AM)

e6y72p.jpg

other random flights, sonics, etc

96hyja.jpg
ed it for me, air flight 89, but these are from 92 when footlocker released them in certain colors. these have remained in my stash since then, I busted them out again in 99 and they still fit! its been downhill ever since!

4kk3o2.jpg

Air Trainer I OOOOGGGG safari - like the ones you saw here from dhurtzdeez in red w/o strap, this is the strapped version with green and gold accents, traded these to Air Rev for some blk/red AJ IVs DS, to this day I think it was a fair trade (financially- I wanted another pair of those IV's bad at the time), but he by far got the more rare shoes out of the deal. lol

34oa6bs.jpg

xbfx9s.jpg

An OLD group shot, this was actually a pic of PICK UPS I made in the span of two weeks a number of years back, glad I dont go hard like that anymore! I only have a few of the BEST in this pic, the others are gone

25hlu6u.jpg

OG Converse Magic Auto'd....im letting these go

wl2jup.jpg

o7oxsk.jpg

the rest arent mine and never were, just random pics

65c1tx.jpg

2czowzq.jpg

I have yet to see another pair of these

hsoyts.jpg

or these

2d9qvqh.jpg
HERE