ckmac92
KiNGJRMZair23 - Jeremy - Patterson, CA
eciaccord - Orlando, FL
JoseBronx
lysolflow - Ricky - Houston, TX
i3asuncion - Erwin - Q.C.Phillippines

Official Team Penny Forum
http://teampenny.yuku.com/

If you have info missing or should be on the list let me know so I can keep it current. Thanks.

Hey, I saw the grey Penny 1s at this store by my house.. but theyre too small for me..
eyes.gif

hey can someone tell me which penny shoe had the number "6" on them? i assume the 6 was for when he was on the olympic team. anyone got pics??thanks!

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

hey can someone tell me which penny shoe had the number "6" on them? i assume the 6 was for when he was on the olympic team. anyone got pics?? thanks!

they're the zoom flight 96's
cimg8373.jpg
Image00786.jpg

Had a random thought about the Penny V just now:

As we know, Eric Avar designed 1-4, and the Foamposite one.

Also, IIRC, he also designed the Garnett 3.

Reportedly, the Garnett 3 that released isn't the shoe they originally intended to give Garnett,
and when he heard about Tuned Air he said he wanted a shoe with that technology.

Those shoes already produced as the Garnett 3 were then (rumour has it) relabeled and sent straight to
outlets.

Is it possible the Garnett 3 is a reworked Penny V???

Given how far in advance Nike designers work, it's likely that when Nike pulled the plug on Penny's line,
Avar had already started work on the V.

Whilst (i think) the Penny V would either have used Zoom, or a low profile Air max unit in the heel,
There are some design elements in the Garnett 3, which could perhaps be seen as an 'evolution' of past Penny shoes.

The way the midsole/outsole transitions into the upper, as with the Penny 1 and 2, and a strong emphasis on midfoot support,
with the low profile of the IV, and fairly extensive use of reflective materials, as used in varying amounts on Pennys 1 - 4.

Maybe i'm reading too much into it however.

Thoughts?

^^^ I never thought of it that way. Those Garnett's were solid shoe, I wouldn't be surprised if they had been meant for Penny since EA designed them.

Originally Posted by abernja

^ Tell us what's so special to you about Penny Hardaway and his shoe line. What it means to you etc.

You should also post up the pics from your blog.
when shaq left the magic that first year penny was a beast. He was truly a signiture nike athlete and was given a very substantial and long shoecontract with a very diverse collection of styles. Plus i like him because he got shot and kept pushin. If he never had so many severe knee issues and was ableto play with or without shaq he would have been a perrenial all-star (nike helps that out big time through their advertising) and possibly a hall of famer. Andlastly, he seldom complained. And played a reserve role instead of retiring despite the fact he would have been paid the same whether he sat the bench or wastraded numerous times or retired. Honestly i dont need to be a member i just like asking to see how serious the criteria is.

Sup Team....been a while, welcome to all the new members. glad to see the contributions are going strong!

swingshot - i see what you're saying....definitely looks like thats what happened.
frown.gif
and
pimp.gif
at the same time...

these belong in here as well.....posting them all over the place..i know, i know
embarassed.gif

i gotta take some new ones this weekend when i break 'em out. there's a few more in the posite thread tho

im still lookin for knicks penny for 2 yrs now in a 11..i bought them twice and messed the up playing ball in miami cause i had no other ballin kicks.I NEEDTHESE BACK IN MY LIFE.

got all these in over the past 2 days...

(v sample atlantics)

i sold my last pair of these, never will i let go of these again...plus a nice surprise after i got them

seller told me they were just foamposite 1s, come to find out, there HOH foam 1s
pimp.gif

also here is my Penny 2 collection

K23J, u MADE OUT!!!!! on them hoh foam royals... seller messed up bad

Mayhemgatz, u need some pics of them with the shoe string back in... looking pretty good tho... makes me wish the cactus/bred foam ones were translucent

Originally Posted by jordanjunky22

whats the difference between the hoh royals and the regular royals??? is it the outline on the nike check..???
1. outlined nike check
2. icier soles... probably formula used on eggplant foams and hoh pearls
3. penny insole

really limited and hard to find for sure......
did i miss any?

Originally Posted by bigj505

whats the difference between the hoh royals and the regular royals??? is it the outline on the nike check..???
1. outlined nike check
3. penny insole

did i miss any?

nope as far i know/remember those are the only differences

haha i know, i didnt even notice the swoosh at first, i went to put my foot in one of them and looked at the insole and said "hmm that lookslike half a penny" i looked at the other insole and then checked the swoosh and thought DAMNNNN i finally got the HOH foam 1s haha never will i part withthese ones haha

Originally Posted by K23J

1. outlined nike check
3. penny insole

did i miss any?

nope as far i know/remember those are the only differences

haha i know, i didnt even notice the swoosh at first, i went to put my foot in one of them and looked at the insole and said "hmm that looks like half a penny" i looked at the other insole and then checked the swoosh and thought DAMNNNN i finally got the HOH foam 1s haha never will i part with these ones haha
thats some good stuff dude... looks like ur looking for another pair of blue foams to wear tho
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom