Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by imperialh8

Say what??

Really? A Judas Preist Christmas album

This is just as weird as the Metaliska album...Metallica songs in Ska format.
Na not Judas Priest, Rob has his own band called Halford. He's doing the album under that moniker..Couldn't copy/pastebefore so here's the article from another site..

[h1]Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford to release Christmas album[/h1]
September 10, 10:36 AM
greydot.gif
Lexington Music Examiner
greydot.gif
Dave Knoch

Previous
Comment Print [img]http://image.examiner.com/img/email.gif[/img] Email RSS Subscribe

halford.jpg

Halford 3 - Winter Songs available Oct. 26th

Rob Halford, the iconic lead singer of the pioneering heavy metal outfit Judas Priest, will be releasing his first ever holiday album on October 26th via his own Metal God Records. Titled Halford III - Winter Songs, the singer's first solo album in more than seven years will not only feature Christmas favorites like "Oh Holy Night" and "Come All Ye Faithful" - set to original arrangements - but will also contain several tracks written by Rob especially for the season. The first of these, "Get Into The Spirit", will debut on radio and at RobHalford.com on September 29.

Joining Rob on the album is his solo band, the appropriately named Halford, which features a virtual who's who of heavy metal musicians (six-string workhorses Roy Z. and Metal Mike Chlasciak on guitars, Mike Davis on bass, and Bobby Jarzombek behind the drum kit). Since Halford's last studio album, 2002's Crucible, Rob and the band have released a career-spanning retrospective (2007's Metal God Essentials, Vol. 1) and a live DVD (2008's Halford Live at Rock in Rio III).

Linky

i might be the only Disembodied fan here but i'll comment on this anyway. i got their new release "Psalms of Sheol" yesterday, its not really newits old tracks remastered. all i got to say is WOW
eek.gif
it sounds so $#@%@@#good, you would of thought they just went back in the studio and re recorded the tracks yesterday.

all their earlier release are OOP i think so i guess it would be ok to dl their early albums. check out the "If God Only Knew The Rest Were Dead","Diablerie" and "Heretic" albums. if you like your music HEAVY you'll dig it.

so if you bother to check em out and dig what you hear buy "Psalms of Sheol"
Disembodied "Psalms of Sheol" -- a collection of out of print, rare and unreleased tracks -- is available now. Re-mastered by the band to sound heavier and more brutal than ever. 13 songs taken from "Existence in Suicide" CDep, "Confession" 7", "Bootleg" 7", and compilations.

CD's are $10 ppd in the U.S. Other countries get in touch for shipping info. Vinyl is in the works and should be ready this fall.

PAYPAL: [email protected]

Cash: Prime Directive Records, PO Box 571, Balboa, CA 92661

http://www.myspace.com/disembodied

i couldnt wait for the vinyl, plus its only $10 shipped. i'll still get it on vinyl when it comes out, ordered on monday got it on wednesday.cover art is
pimp.gif

I heard about Rob Halford's Christmas album. That would be pretty weird. Nothing beats King Diamonds No Presents for Christmas though.

J1GOKU wrote:
i might be the only Disembodied fan here

yeah i wouldnt doubt it
laugh.gif

ill be sure to check them out though. i read that they are considered one of the heaviest in hardcore. that intrigues me...

I'll check them out to. I've heard of them but never really tuned in.

Death- Human
Iron Maiden- Powerslave
Judas Priest- Unleashed in the East
Death Angel- Act III

Originally Posted by Physicx

J1GOKU wrote:
i might be the only Disembodied fan here

yeah i wouldnt doubt it
laugh.gif

ill be sure to check them out though. i read that they are considered one of the heaviest in hardcore. that intrigues me...
guaranteed to make you mosh. attending two of their reunion shows this year was one of the highlights of the year for me concertwise. it waspretty violent to say the least
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

hey any word on Ensiferum From Afar getting a vinyl release? also if your into autographs Newbury Comics has autographed copies of From Afar for salehere. dont know what shipping tocanada might be. but i figured i'd pass along the info just in case you were interested.

^not that i know of. i checked the website and there wasnt even a pre-order for the vinyl which there usually are for most bands. the auto'd cd is alsoavail on the website. donno if ill pick it up yet, prolly will eventually.

today

mors principium est

i accidentally had my bittorrent client open the other day at school and got warned for being over the dl limit. whoops. at least whats missing from myimmortal discog finished
laugh.gif

hey j1 you have any idea where the hell to get bolt thrower apparel?

@*#* is impossible
smh.gif

i aint about the get warhammer shirts though. i aint that desperate...or am i
nerd.gif

hey j1 you have any idea where the hell to get bolt thrower apparel?

@*#* is impossible
smh.gif

i aint about the get warhammer shirts though. i aint that desperate...or am i
nerd.gif
ive been on the hunt for a Bolt Thrower shirt myself, but it looks like you can only get em at shows or get raped on ebay. im still beyond pissedthat i didnt go to MDF 2009. they ended up playing TWICE
smh.gif

Listening to alot of classical lately. Anyway..

Hoy
Insomnium
Hypocrisy

While on the subject of t-shirts, anyone know the best place for youth sizes?
nerd.gif
Just curious..

MEGADETH will embark on the "Endgame" U.S. tour in November with support from MACHINE HEAD, SUICIDE SILENCE and ARCANIUM.

The dates are as follows:

Nov. 14 - The Orbit Room Grand Rapids, MI
Nov. 15 - Peoria Civic Center Peoria, IL
Nov. 17 - Eagles Ballroom Milwaukee, WI
Nov. 18 - The LC Pavilion Columbus, OH
Nov. 20 - Madison Theatre Covington, KY
Nov. 21 - The National Richmond, VA
Nov. 22 - Valarium Knoxville, TN
Nov. 23 - The Fillmore Charlotte Charlotte, NC
Nov. 25 - Revolution Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Nov. 27 - Hard Rock Live Orlando, FL
Nov. 28 - House Of Blues N. Myrtle Beach, SC
Nov. 30 - Pavillion @ Concrete Street Corpus Christi, TX
Dec. 01 - Sunken Garden Amphitheatre San Antonio, TX
Dec. 02 - Palladium Ballroom Dallas, TX United States
Dec. 03 - Bricktown Events Center Oklahoma City, OK
Dec. 05 - The Beaumont Kansas City, MO *
Dec. 06 - Pop's Sauget, IL *
Dec. 07 - Great Hall @ River Center Davenport, IA *
Dec. 08 - Fargo Civic Auditorium Fargo, ND *
Dec. 10 - Shrine Auditorium Billings, MT *

* No MACHINE HEAD, with WARBRINGER

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

nerd.gif
Just curious..

here you go. for infants like you!

67630F.JPG

but seriously, rockabilia has alot of selection for the most part but the prices are ehhh. its still better than concert prices but im cheap like that
pimp.gif

and where the hell did doncoryson come from? caught me off guard
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Gojira anyone?
I just got into them because I found out that they are going to open for Metallica along with Lamb of God. They're new album is pretty good. Hey Rust if you want the presale code to the Megadeth show let me know. I'm going for sure.

gojira is awesome

their album last year was one of the best. esoteric surgery and oroborororous or whatever the hell its called were pretty good. first time i heard backbone itknocked me on my #@@ something fierce

anyways, took a little break from metal. listening to some mozart right now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

the new Mother of Mercy - "III" album +$+%+$ rules

ive heard a lot about this band for a while now but i never bothered to check em out, i decided to blind buy the "III" LP and it more than exceededmy expectations. as far as Metal/Hardcore releases for this year go theres only a few i would put ahead of this (imo), great album.

MOTHER OF MERCY
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
Just curious..

67630F.JPG

but seriously, rockabilia has alot of selection for the most part but the prices are ehhh. its still better than concert prices but im cheap like that
pimp.gif

and where the hell did doncoryson come from? caught me off guard
laugh.gif

eek.gif
I think I just found my sons first piece of metalrelated clothing.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BCF06

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Gojira anyone?
I just got into them because I found out that they are going to open for Metallica along with Lamb of God. They're new album is pretty good. Hey Rust if you want the presale code to the Megadeth show let me know. I'm going for sure.

You know it. Hit me on the PM good sir.
pimp.gif

Sorry for so many posts back to back to back lol. But that Mother Of Mercy album is one very solid piece of work. Definitely going to look into more of theirstuff. My girlfriends brother put me on to them.

Today:
Iron Maiden
Muddy Waters (at work on over 100 tvs, dope.)

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Sorry for so many posts back to back to back lol. But that Mother Of Mercy album is one very solid piece of work. Definitely going to look into more of their stuff. My girlfriends brother put me on to them.

Today:
Iron Maiden
Muddy Waters (at work on over 100 tvs, dope.)

yeah i dont know why i slept on Mother Of Mercy especially since i was a fan of Let Down, but im glad i went ahead and copped the LP now im looking for a placethat has their earlier 7"s instock.

i remember you mentioned Champion earlier. i dont know if you have already but check out Jim's new band "ON" http://www.myspace.com/onhc good stuff.

nerd.gif
Just curious..

67630F.JPG

pimp.gif
Ugh that is so not my color
grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
I wouldn't expect anything less from NT..I'll be sure to check that site out. I just want 2 or 3 bands anyway..
Been mellow lately far as music..

Hoy
Virgin Black - Elegant...And Dying
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance

Thats a cool little outfit there. Only other place I can think of is Hot Topic but not even I would ever consider getting a shirt from there.

Today:

Immortal- At the Heart of Winter
Megadeth- Endgame
Slayer- Hell Awaits

Originally Posted by BCF06

Thats a cool little outfit there. Only other place I can think of is Hot Topic but not even I would ever consider getting a shirt from there.
dont hate, yes most people that shop there arent the greatest people in the world but i always get stuff for mad cheap there, a couple months agoi got a maiden and anthrax shirt for $6 a piece.

best place obviously is shows cheaper(unless its a HUGE band) and tour exclusive stuff. or contact the bands sometimes they have leftover merch from tour thatthey'll sell either on their myspace or online store. and check the record labels.

Av1r3x also look into http://www.jsrdirect.com its a little expensiveafter shipping but they got some cool stuff. only problem is i dont really see youth sizes but theres plenty of smalls that you could modify. they still gotboth of the At The Gates "Suicidal Final Tour" shirts and one of them is only $8.

Back
Top Bottom