Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

be patient with the photos, im gonna wait until i finish wacken then do all of them at once

anyways, part 2 right here. glad you guys liked part 1

Spoiler [+]
we wake up the next morning. earlier i was talking about our cheap tent. my buddy bought it for 70 bucks in 2008 and now its only 35. so anyways, theres water in our tent from the rain the night before. not cool. you get what you pay for though, right? my buddy decides to take a shower but i dont cause a) the line was long as hell b) you have to pay and c) showering isnt metal! (according to an bath towel on sale at the merch booth. ironic, no?
laugh.gif
)

so we head up to catch our first band of the day at 11, brutal death metallers, brutus. my buddy nor my brother knew of them so i assured them they were good. and they were, holy crap. i guess i wont hold it against my companions that they didnt know who they were cause apparently nobody else did. the tent stage was nearly empty (ok, like 100 people, 135 tops. most occupied the bar). we were a tad bit late but got right up to the front no problem. my only gripe about the wet stage is that its hot and dusty as hell inside. so once the pit got going, a whirlwind of dust engulfed the entire stage. didnt stop the dudes moshing in nothing but furry caveman inspired underwear though
laugh.gif
sick.gif
. unfortunately, brutus only had 30 minutes, but they had blast beats for days. my buddy quickly bought a shirt on the way out thanking me for introducing them to him

next we head down to the double main stage area to check out amorphis. not as many people as i had expected as once again we were able to get a decent spot. what sucks about the main stages is the space b/w the railing and the stage. its a good 20 feet but whatever. i wish amorphis played more of their old school melodic death doom stuff but they opted for their newer progressive sound (i guess you could call it that. pretty cheesy stuff but skyforger was still great). joutsen's microphone is wild looking and he may have the longest braids i have ever seen on a guy
laugh.gif

after a fairly long break, we check out middle eastern folk band, orphaned land. the vocalist looks like jesus! quite a few israeli fans in the crowd waving their flags triumphantly which was really nice to see. i dont really know any of their songs so we back out and watch/listen from the beer gardens. besides, arkan is the far superior middle eastern folk band imo.

now we head over to the party stage for the first time to check out canadians voivod. we didnt bother heading back to our tent to retrieve the canadian flag. as the show starts we made the right decision. they only acknowledged french canada, asking for the fans from quebec. the quebec fans brought their provincial flags and stuff but whatever. (man i wish kataklysm was here). they played a nice, long setlist with a good balance of old and new material. hell, the security guards were feeling it bobbing their heads, taking pictures of the band, videoing the crowd and even playing air guitar
laugh.gif
(there were no crowd surfers so they pretty much did as they pleased)

so we have a few more hours to kill and decide to check out the town, wacken itself. man everyone was right. theres only 1 freaking main road in that place
laugh.gif
. it was jam packed with people crowding the loan sidewalk. i wanna check out the famous wacken tower. im pretty sure its just a grain elevator with a wacken poster slapped on it but its still freaking cool lol. at the tower there is a merch booth with virtually no line so i run up and grab a shirt in s, their only size besides xl. its red with flesh on meat hooks, 666 on the bottom and mostly the darker bands (slayer, unleashed, secrets of the moon etc) on the back. it was sold out at the festival grounds so i was stoked. theres people walking up and down the streets, drunk as sin. this lady was selling some vodka on her doorsteps. it tasted sweet as hell, not even like vodka. like a smoothie but we passed cause it was too sweet and itll prolly get you +**%*$ up. we were right. some dude had a whole bottle to himself and was passed out in the middle of the street. theres only one freaking lane per way in that small **+ town so he was holding up traffic like crazy. he was painted in blue. in one hand was a bottle of beer, in the other a near empty bottle of the vodka
laugh.gif
. so the police come and get him up. to thank the officer, the drunken blue bastard offers him a swig of the vodka which the cop declines then starts laughing
laugh.gif

as we hit up the stages once more, endstille is playing. some *$$%% beside me was like, "WATAIN IS HERE?!?!?!?"
roll.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

aaaaanyways, we go back to the sauna that is the wet stage to: BOW DOWN, TO THE THRASHERRRRRRR! luckily, the organizers realized it was ******ed to have two thrash bands playing at the same time so i was able to catch both evile and voivod. evile only had 30 minutes as well but man they ripped it. they played the usual suspects of infected nations, thrasher, metamorphosis and enter the grave. probably my favorite show of the evening except some %%%!$%+%! at the railing was wearing a viking hat with the horns blocking everything.

time to catch our first powerhouse of the day, everyones favorite, arch enemy. sure, we get the railing, but its on the other side of the freaking stage. no worries, i could see mostly everything from the side. we didnt realize that where we were standing was where the crowd surfers exit which obstructed our view. the crowd surfers were crazy frequent. moreso than maiden if you can believe that. they poured in with the same people over and over again. time and security had their hands full. jeebus. ninja, you would of loved it. setlist consisted of immortal, ravenous, taking back my soul, my apocalypse, dead bury their dead and nemesis as the encore.

the worst part about wacken is waiting for bands you want to see, especially if you dont want to give up your spot. there was an hour b/w arch enemy and the next band and it felt like forever. we just sat on the dirt twiddling our thumbs. thank god the the guys with kegs of becks on their back selling beer so we didnt have to get up. too bad it was becks
laugh.gif

that next band is of course slayer. they open with 3 from the new album then dive into some classics. some dude was beside me and let a girl steal his spot. then he decides to try to nudge me out of the way so i elbow him in the ribs and push him away with my back. he starts cursing at me in german or something but i dont care
laugh.gif
. if you let a girl take your spot, you deserve to get a shot in the ribs. enough of that, after slayer, im beat as hell, but theres still 3 more bands in the wet stage to watch.

like gojira and maiden, i was able to catch the last bit of ihsahn who played during slayer. it was awesome but i wish i caught more

next up was imperium dekadenz. i wish they moved around a bit, but the music was fantastic. if theres one band who i might never catch in canada, its them.

so im already tired but my friend wants to check out occult black metal band secrets of the moon. im not sure if i was bored or tired, but i was yawning throughout the set. maybe cause i wasnt able to see anythng cause of the smoke machine going off very frequently (man i hate those things).

so there you have it. day 2 in a nutshell. i honestly thought i could pack day 2 and 3 into one post but i cant
laugh.gif
smh.gif

hopefully you guys enjoy!

<3 yuku

but no, i havent listened to final frontier in its entirety. thats next on my to do list as well

holy crap...

Ensiferum confirm North American tour with Finntroll, Rotten Sound & Barren Earth
Finntroll, Ensiferum, Rotten Sound, and Barren Earth will take part in "The Finnish Metal Tour 2" this winter. The following dates have been confirmed:

1/31 Orlando, FL @ The Club - Firestone
2/1 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
2/2 Louisville, KY @ Headliner's Music Hall
2/3 Tulsa, OK @ Marquee
2/4 Austin, TX @ Emo's
2/5 Dallas, TX @ Ridglea Theater
2/6 Amarillo, TX @ The War Legion
2/7 Tempe, AZ @ Clubhouse
2/8 Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
2/9 Ramona, CA @ Ramona Mainstage
2/10 San Francisco, CA @ DNA Lounge
2/11 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
2/12 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
2/14 Calgary, AB @ The Republik
2/15 Edmonton, AB @ Starlite Room
2/16 Regina, SK @ The Exchange
2/18 Minneapolis, MN @ Station 4
2/19 Chicago, IL @ Reggie's Rock Club
2/20 Detroit, MI @ Blondie's
2/21 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
2/22 Toronto, ON @ Opera House
2/23 Quebec City, QC @ Imperial de Quebec
2/24 Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
2/25 Rochester, NY @ Montage Music Hall
2/26 New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
2/27 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
3/1 Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
3/2 Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
3/3 Charlotte, NC @ The Casbah
3/4 Raleigh, NC @ Volume 11

Thanks for the Day 2 Review Physicx. Damn dude it sounds like quite an experience and it was funny when you elbowed dude. I've done that countless times but as short as i am i dont give a @@!%. Some of these dudes get annoying. Waiting for Day 3 Review.

I might go to Austin to check that out. You going Physicx.

thanks rust!

ill be up on day 3 real quick. they moved me at work while i was away so i cant surf nt like i used to during the day

aaaaaand this sucks

New York based extreme metal legends SUFFOCATION will tour North America this fall with prog-deathsters THE FACELESS, deathcore merchants THROUGH THE EYES OF THE DEAD, tech-death meisters DECREPIT BIRTH, and Italy's brutal/symphonic/avante garde horde FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE. Dubbed "The Decibel Defiance Tour 2010", the trek is being sponsored by Decibel magazine and the Extreme Management Group. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Oct. 15 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium (Rock And Shock)
Oct. 16 - New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
Oct. 17 - Quebec City, QC @ Imperial Theater
Oct. 18 - Montreal, QC @ Foufounes
Oct. 19 - Jonquiere, QC @ Place Nikitoutagan
Oct. 20 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Oct. 21 - Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance
Oct. 22 - Detroit, MI @ Harpos
Oct. 23 - Chicago, IL @ Clearwater Theatre
Oct. 24 - St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
Oct. 25 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Oct. 27 - Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
Oct. 28 - Salt Lake City, UT @ [to be announced]
Oct. 29 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Farm
Oct. 30 - Pomona, CA @ The Glasshouse
Oct. 31 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Whisky
Nov. 01 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Clubhouse
Nov. 02 - Albuquerque, NM @ Fusion Factory
Nov. 03 - Amarillo, TX @ Club Khaos
Nov. 04 - Tulsa, OK @ Marquee Theatre
Nov. 05 - Austin, TX @ Emo's
Nov. 06 - Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theatre
Nov. 08 - Tampa, FL @ Brass Mug
Nov. 09 - Jacksonville, FL @ The Pit
Nov. 10 - Raleigh, NC @ Volume 11
Nov. 11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Polaris
Nov. 12 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Nov. 13 - Allentown, PA @ Crocodile Rock

nowhere near me. fml
smh.gif

Hoy

Dream Theater - Random songs here & there
Coheed & Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow

Pretty chill..

Damn Ninja your killing it with those videos again. Sorry I been almost nonexistent but school just started and damn its insane. Anyway Physicx we r still waiting for that 3rd day review hahaha. By the way thanks Ninja I'm diggin that Deathrow. i had never heard of them.

Back
Top Bottom