TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of avy's, I can't seem to work mine. It has it's own folder but can't get it to actually appear when posting. Any help?

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

Dangit JDocs, he isn't answering to any of my messages right now.

frown.gif
frown.gif
oh well.. I need to pay off some stuff right now anyway, so its alright
smile.gif
letme know if you hear anything though.

These two came in today.... '98 Old Hickory/Black and '98 Black/Met. Silver. Got them together for a really nice low price. If anyone can ballpark whatthey should go for, I'd appreciate it. Both are DS.
6ye8ilj.jpg

6x0c20j.jpg

very nice OGfiend ... if you ever think about letting one of these go please let me know. i'm on a hunt for them since a while

oh and very nice hyperblue and tiger on the last page. both are simply great

Happy Tuesday Fam. Wearing UCLA Huarache Lights today. Always a comfy shoe. I would taze someone for a pair of those AD21 Bursts.
pimp.gif

Morning,

No Air max yet, being lazy still need to get up and out.

Seb - That sucks homie. Personally I hate the whole auction process.

OGfiend - Those Ole hickorys are nice!

Schaefmp - UCLAs are such a great c/w.

Mic - I just recently began to wear those NL sample AM87s. The fact that they have no liner made them about a half size to big. Add this tothe fact that they have super-slippery leather insoles and you have a very unstable walk. SMH @ feeling like I'm going to lose my balance due to the innerworkings of my own shoe! Anyway, I started wearing a heel insert from some dress shoes and now they are in danger of getting beat to death.
*another pic from the other night.
6ya6yc8.jpg

Ltr,
Jerrod

anyone got a price chart for the london studio? mheftman do u know?
my appointment is on sat and i wanna get some bws.

OGfiend - Dope Old Hickory's and to anwser your question I have seen pairs going for about $250 +.

Nice pick ups dude
pimp.gif

corwin getting ur avy to work shouldnt be much different from the old nt....just under profile from the main page on nt; shouldnt be too confusing

hey c1 any update on those amfam tees? and i think i saw something about a new team fam shirt? a 90 or 95 or something? i can't remember or maybe imhallucinating; just wanting to know what is up

I keep looking in this thread every day and I've thought about applying for membership. I might as well get this over with now...

The name is Brian, not to be confused with the other Brian already on this team. Call me Brian2, or something. I'm 21, and I like Air Maxes.

The first Air Maxes I wore long ago were the midnight navy, orange women's colorway Air Max 95s (I forgot to include that they were Air Max 95s in myoriginal post). I think I first wore these in 7th or 8th grade. I stopped wearing these once I realized everyone else wearing them were women. Yes, I was veryself-conscious at the time.
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

From that point on, I went on an air max drought. Didn't have the money so I just wore hand-me-downs or the one cheap shoe my family would buy at theoutlet that I was expected to wear for the entire calendar year. I think I could've inherited 1999 Neons and this other 1999 colorway (similar to thechili's from 2004 except the lace loops were grey with red stripes...these weren't the footaction exclusives because the grey wasnt a shiny metallicsilver) but I was going through a phase where I wanted shoes for myself.

But the one hand-me-down I grew to love was the french blue colorway of the Air Max Plus. The shoe fit like a glove (mainly since they were laced so tightly)and it was one of the most comfy shoes I had ever worn. I remember wearing these in gym for indoor track back in 9th grade. I still remember overhearing somegirl say "wow, those shoes look really nice" when I ran past (we shared the track with this co-ed gym class)...good times, good times.

I didn't start wearing anything Air Max again until last year, when I wore some AM90s and some AM95 tuxedo's every now and then.

My collection is rather modest, compared to some of the other people on this team. I only bought shoes that I liked and thought looked nice on me. When shoesget heavily discounted, they magically become more coppable to me. I don't know why that is...
roll.gif

My favorite in the Air Max Line is the Air Max Plus, with the Air Max 95 in second place. The Plus has some sentimental value for me and I always thought itwas a cool-looking shoe. The Air Max 95 was one of my favorites, especially back in junior high school. This was in 1999, so you had all the hot gradientcolorways at this time. I remember how everything that year was basically an offshoot of the AM95 neon, except the neon was replaced with some other color,like green, yellow, red, orange...A few kids in my school had these colorways.

The 95 would rank higher on my list if the retros weren't so crappy.

Anyway, the collection:
524358c96f46c501546d8cdc609ef1d0941dd25.jpg

Here is everything, minus a pair of Air Max 97s I forgot to include.

83c25dc6a9c0452e81367d17321edb2105e1925.jpg

The AM95s. I hate the Tuxedos because the forefoot air feels like I'm walking on cardboard.

78815262cf5f8b6a2a1aa97971116bc5a9b38e9.jpg

The Air Max Plus, which makes up most of my collection. None of these shoes were bought at retail, mainly since no one seems to like these as much...

2f315d6dc85c88638bda7f444b8d47b21ce0933.jpg

The Air Max 1. Pretty comfortable shoe. I haven't worn the teal ones in the back yet.
b38354da6362c15853b48b726ab96cea05d230f.jpg

The only US Air Max Light release that was worth my time, imo. A real shame that we got screwed out of all those nicer, simpler colorways that came out inEurope.

19015c6bc75f8165f266a32256031b8b6d19662.jpg

The Air Max 90. The white ones suffer from "sup my shoes are too big" and have creased horribly. They will become beaters. As for the Mr. Fantastics,
smh.gif
at the crappy paintjob on the midsoles. I could write a thread alone on howmuch bad luck the Fantastics have given me...if anyone really wants the story, let me know...

b55256e655ce75ed8d76f8797e2113fc042397e.jpg

The Air Max 97. I really liked this shoe to the point I was willing to go a half size down. Big mistake, even with wearing thin socks. Gonna sell these to afriend over the winter.

Sorry for the long read, but I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEE YA

nice back story and air maxes
smile.gif
your AMP collection is def. on point, keep building that you dont see them around too much!

you've got my approval
pimp.gif
what yall think ??

Originally Posted by JDocs

nice back story and air maxes
smile.gif
your AMP collection is def. on point, keep building that you dont see them around too much!

Thanks.
I should mention that the Air Max Pluses suffer from the chipping midsole paint problem. It's lame that the paint on my OGs is still therewhile the paint on these '07 retros flaked off within two wears. The rejuvenations don't seem to have as bad of a chipping problem. The greys alsodon't have this problem because it seems the paint was applied the same way it was on the OGs.

I wanted to buy the varsity red AM+ (not that ugly black and red nubuck shoe with a pleather tongue) but the fears of the midsole paint chipping prevented mefrom doing so.

Briannnn: I don't know how much authority I have being one of the more recent members of the Fam, but you've been contributing regularly and show lovefor the Fam thing, you got my vote.

briannn are those 97's recently released? i swear i haven't liked any recent releases of the 97's but that pic makes em look juicy; +1 vote from me

^^ fix that avy corwin
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom