TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they r exactly the same. It's like the Air Max 90 came out in 1990
embarassed.gif

Shaun and Kevin - What do u think?

Air Max 87, released in 1987, also known as the Air Max 1, same shoe.

Also others such as the Air Max 3, also known as the Air Max 90, released in 1990.

Evening Fam,

Greg - I think those grey TeamFam tees were a limited release quick strike
tongue.gif
. I wish I would have copped one. Fresh fit!

Tibor - Clean pic.

Ultraflatblack - That pic made me think I missed out on those, nice stuff.

This evening.

*Bonus(not mine)

Later,
Jerrod

I guess i'll be the test dummy, the midsole held up remarkably fine....went to 5 guys burgers and fries today....that is my new spot......lol burger wasTOO good and messy....yum

greg: fantastic atmos, mate. one of my favs as well.

medallas: like everyone else, the am87 and the am1 are the same. believe they released in 1987 (am87) and since it was the first airmax (am1)...

daaz: darn, those 90s are sweeeeet. still wished i had a pair, but i'm not going to drop $200 on them
smh.gif

dunno how many of you remember, but i got these earlier last month:
3496869536_dfe6150873.jpg

they were from the gf; and she gave it to me on our 2 year anniversary. she however said that they weren't for the 14 month relationship and claimedinstead that they were for my birthday in late june.

she lied
laugh.gif

she got me this instead:
3602987818_ac96bc0485.jpg

to replace my old sony T7. so... i thought i'd take a quick pic with the new cam:
3602988822_4ef7d676ce_b.jpg

looks like i have a lot to learn, before i make my trip down to singers! time to break out the manual
smh.gif

i like that perf airmax....saw somebody wear em the other day and they have this weird vintage look to them....so nice...

Yo Cris! Is it too late to send payment for the TAF shirts? I've been MIA with work, and working out... working seven days a week FTL, but working atNintendo, and getting paid to go on NT and Facebook FTW! I have internet at work, but I don't want to use paypal on the work computer... Haha. Later fam!

PS: V, I sent you something on FB... I'll let you know what's up about that.

Good stuff in here as always Fam. My latest pick up:

safetyorangeburst.jpg

And the auction...

airmaxburstauction.jpg

I believe that's generally referred to as a 'steal', no?
wink.gif
Amazing what a wash and a little TLC can do.

Nice Leather B Bursts back there. When you repainted the midsole, did you use Angelus leather paint? If so, did you mix it with something else to avoid itbeing too glossy? These Safety Oranges could probably do with that treatment at some point.

Happy Sunday Fam!

dan: my good man, those are indeed termed "a good deal". very nice for 16 quid. this is the sort of thing that makes me wish i was still in the UKsometimes. tbh though, higher retail on everything makes life fair
laugh.gif

hey daaz how do they fit I wear an 11 in 90s but I have a 10.5 in the LAFs do you think I'll be ok? Or should I switch the insoles for thinner ones

Originally Posted by danloveuk

Nice Leather B Bursts back there. When you repainted the midsole, did you use Angelus leather paint? If so, did you mix it with something else to avoid it being too glossy? These Safety Oranges could probably do with that treatment at some point.
I didn't want to put up a big lengthy post, but I sent you a PM. anybody else interested, feel free to hit me up.

Originally Posted by Dunks206

Yo Cris! Is it too late to send payment for the TAF shirts? I've been MIA with work, and working out... working seven days a week FTL, but working at Nintendo, and getting paid to go on NT and Facebook FTW! I have internet at work, but I don't want to use paypal on the work computer... Haha. Later fam!

PS: V, I sent you something on FB... I'll let you know what's up about that.
Seconded!

danloveuk

Nice Safety Orange Bursts! STEAL! Only bursts I have are patent bursts.

danloveuk- That's an awesome deal for those orange bursts.
How's everyone? I need to come in here more often. I'll apply once again to the team in some months as i believe i only got two votes to get in thelast time.
I have something really awesome coming in the mail and i'll post it when it gets here.
Have a great day everyone!

Originally Posted by danloveuk

Good stuff in here as always Fam. My latest pick up:

safetyorangeburst.jpg

I'm sorry, but that picture had to be quoted. Simply stunning!!! Hell of a deal you got too!! Nice work!

Evening Famalam... Time for a quick post before my night shift.
First of all. Nice pick up on those bursts danloveuk.

Nice story behind these. Found in a charity shop in St Andrews (Scotland). Sitting on a shoe rack amidst a sea of shoes your grandparents would wear. Boughtfor the honest price of £5 ( $8 )!

73b162137babbd397ebfa1f6ee32ad91806c227b.jpg

Overall condition not too bad given they are 18 years old . The Nike international badge on the insole is still visible. Air units intact and no peeling of thetongue detail. I need the Fam's help though regarding how best to do some restoration. Please let me know what you guys think so i can get them close totheir original glory.

P.S.... Look at the size of the air units
nerd.gif

jranasaurus- Awesome story and pickup. I usually just get white soap and a brush to clean the felt and nylon on my 180s. They look in great condition from thatpicture though

Love the safety orange bursts...

3171204765_02463f0349_o.jpg

3172035036_afe3c8d8a9_o.jpg

3172035474_d8309c923f_o.jpg

These are a men's 6.5 or women's 8...soon to be posted for sale, let me know if your girl wants them, I am selling them for cheapness.
nerd.gif

daaz - nice 90s ! and theres a 5 guys burgers and fries 3 min from my house .tried it for the first time a few weeks ago and loved their burgers
jran - amazing pick up . air 180s are one of my fav shoes , and that air unit isunreal
eek.gif

edit - just saw in a thread in Nike Retro that the neon AM95s are going to be re-retroed again next year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
also foundthis pic of a pair of Nike Air Max Triax '94 LEs scheduled to be retroed and released by Nike next year :

bld3q.jpg

eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom