TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

im still very new to this game, but i have learned how to hunt for some shoes. not as well as most on here im sure but we all start somewhere. my collection has grown ALOT since joining this forum, so idk if i should thank yall or hate yall hahaha jk. but most importantly ive found out what a collection should and should not have. i do have about 10 pair of 08+ but these i do wear daily. i beat them into the ground cause well lets face it, 99% of anything made in (id say) 06ish up aint worth "collecting". this is why we look for those older pair gems

plus the shoe game is fun for me, i love helping people out on here who are searching for a certain pair, and on multiple occasions i have found what they were looking for. also i get the same in return, so lets keep it up FAM

im still very new to this game, but i have learned how to hunt for some shoes. not as well as most on here im sure but we all start somewhere. my collection has grown ALOT since joining this forum, so idk if i should thank yall or hate yall hahaha jk. but most importantly ive found out what a collection should and should not have. i do have about 10 pair of 08+ but these i do wear daily. i beat them into the ground cause well lets face it, 99% of anything made in (id say) 06ish up aint worth "collecting". this is why we look for those older pair gems

plus the shoe game is fun for me, i love helping people out on here who are searching for a certain pair, and on multiple occasions i have found what they were looking for. also i get the same in return, so lets keep it up FAM

theres somethin from 01 in a 10.5 on the bay, lookin like its gonna go on the low...

theres somethin from 01 in a 10.5 on the bay, lookin like its gonna go on the low...

379336273e40.jpg
a8492498bc86.jpg

My love 1world (unfortunately they have me in a large amount)
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

i search clot in size 10.5
afce4e7dce54.jpg

My love force
i have saze 12 (sample) but they lager size
frown.gif

i search pro bowl in size 10.5

379336273e40.jpg
a8492498bc86.jpg

My love 1world (unfortunately they have me in a large amount)
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

i search clot in size 10.5
afce4e7dce54.jpg

My love force
i have saze 12 (sample) but they lager size
frown.gif

i search pro bowl in size 10.5

kazi- the silicone oil trick should work with them (worked on my '98 flaxes). if not maybe try acetone first.

kazi- the silicone oil trick should work with them (worked on my '98 flaxes). if not maybe try acetone first.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by Mr CoOrdinate

russia whats that last pair you just posted? never seen those
2010 pro bowl af1 promo samples.
They go great with a fur coat!

Sorry, I just can't let the fur coat comment die. The fur coat is the Vick jersey of the AF1 thread!

Originally Posted by xilegacy

russia whats that last pair you just posted? never seen those
2010 pro bowl af1 promo samples.
They go great with a fur coat!

Sorry, I just can't let the fur coat comment die. The fur coat is the Vick jersey of the AF1 thread!

Yeah, man. You seem to be in it for "the right reasons." The golden piece of advice that's given out so much that it usually falls on deaf ears is to prioritize quality over quantity - whatever quality means for you. If you stick around in this hobby, quantity will take care of itself. ...My main objection to the term sneaker "collecting" is that to me a collection is never the goal, but rather a natural outgrowth of you pursuing a passion. At the same time, the quality over quantity plan also works if you ultimately decide not to be in the hobby for the long haul, because it's much easier to liquidate your collection in that case - you'll likely get back much closer to what you paid. Otherwise, you'll be stuck trying to get rid of a bunch of junk for pennies on the dollar that nobody is interested in acquiring. I'm not saying to treat shoes as an investment, just that the energy of youth and the wisdom of age is the best combination.

Lots of younger, more inexperienced folks claim that they are going to be in this "game" for life, but how would they know - they haven't even lived, so they don't even know what "life" is. I guess my point is that just because something is fun doesn't necessarily mean it shouldn't be approached responsibly and with the future in mind. Lots of things change over time and maybe you're in or you're out years from now. If you're out, you want to be able to say you enjoyed yourself and get out of it not much the worse for wear. And, the best way to do that is to be a part of history, not a slave to fads and impulse. Me? I'm 30+ - I have a mortgage, a wife, a car, a career, and no plans for kids in the immediate future, and no outstanding debts outside of my mortgage - so, I've tested my passion against "life" and it's still there. In fact, while many younger NTers "ball" when they're young and liquidate to "grow up," I actually operated a bit in the reverse - got my big, life priorities in order, and then went heavier into the sneaker hobby because I knew if I still felt the way I did when I was 25 that I did when I was 17, then it was something I wouldn't regret investing my time, energy, and money in.

/end of pseudo-guidance counselor rant.

Yeah, man. You seem to be in it for "the right reasons." The golden piece of advice that's given out so much that it usually falls on deaf ears is to prioritize quality over quantity - whatever quality means for you. If you stick around in this hobby, quantity will take care of itself. ...My main objection to the term sneaker "collecting" is that to me a collection is never the goal, but rather a natural outgrowth of you pursuing a passion. At the same time, the quality over quantity plan also works if you ultimately decide not to be in the hobby for the long haul, because it's much easier to liquidate your collection in that case - you'll likely get back much closer to what you paid. Otherwise, you'll be stuck trying to get rid of a bunch of junk for pennies on the dollar that nobody is interested in acquiring. I'm not saying to treat shoes as an investment, just that the energy of youth and the wisdom of age is the best combination.

Lots of younger, more inexperienced folks claim that they are going to be in this "game" for life, but how would they know - they haven't even lived, so they don't even know what "life" is. I guess my point is that just because something is fun doesn't necessarily mean it shouldn't be approached responsibly and with the future in mind. Lots of things change over time and maybe you're in or you're out years from now. If you're out, you want to be able to say you enjoyed yourself and get out of it not much the worse for wear. And, the best way to do that is to be a part of history, not a slave to fads and impulse. Me? I'm 30+ - I have a mortgage, a wife, a car, a career, and no plans for kids in the immediate future, and no outstanding debts outside of my mortgage - so, I've tested my passion against "life" and it's still there. In fact, while many younger NTers "ball" when they're young and liquidate to "grow up," I actually operated a bit in the reverse - got my big, life priorities in order, and then went heavier into the sneaker hobby because I knew if I still felt the way I did when I was 25 that I did when I was 17, then it was something I wouldn't regret investing my time, energy, and money in.

/end of pseudo-guidance counselor rant.

Back
Top Bottom