TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Oh, my bad. Didn't know that. ...So, can any of those guys still play ball?
I'll correct my post though.

No problem. I don't know if they played professionally but I'm guessing they grew up playing together and are just friends kinda like Lebron and his 4 horsemen

Thunderchunk nice winter rotation. I've been wearing those workboots this fall as well. Probably one of the best pickups from last year 49.99 at outlets :smokin

^ That would be an okay "quick and dirty" way of doing it, but the element it lacks is dialogue between the voters. I participated in some pretty serious polls ranking historical baseball players and one of the most useful things was hearing others make their cases for a certain player. Maybe they didn't convince me enough to move their guy as high as they had him, but often it did convince me to make some changes.

I think the ideal system would separate ranking from getting the top 100. You'd take turns nominating a few pairs at a time and if any of the others (or two of the others, or three, depending on the size of the committee) thought it might not be top 100 material, it would be set aside. Only the unanimous choices go through. Then, when you are done with that, you revisit the previous nominees do more of a system like you said - the highest get in. All along, people could make cases for why they nominated something or why they didn't consider them a lock.

Once you have the 100, you can rank them or not. If you wanted to rank them, you'd ask people to give 10 shoes 1, a 2, etc. and then add up the scores.

The other reason why I think you need a forum as opposed to just combining a bunch of lists is that there are so many AF1s, people are liable to completely forget about pairs. That doesn't happen when everybody is making decisions together.

You's also have to get people to agree to rules beforehand. For example, I'd have to say no PEs, no hyperstrikes, no samples. It just creates a big gap in people's inherent tastes. You can have 1 guy vote for purple highs and another vote for indy jewels, not problem. But, you can't have 1 person vote for Vibes and the next guy vote for Gold highs - at that point, you might as well be rating two entirely different models.

i agree with everything you said BIP

if anything we need to make a blog or a another topic here on NT so everyone can clear out the hard drives and upload pics so we can start organizing by years and see what pairs we would be missing, we gotta have a way fpr everyone to see what pairs are already accounted for because im sure alot of have the same pics stored

Last edited:
So, skimming thought my hard drive, I only found 2 pics of AF1s and swimming pools. (This may be the first time that sentence has been formed in all of human history to date!).
One was Joerdan's Mike Bibby's weed carriers' PEs and the other was a for sale pic.
Tim duncans? really??? 
indifferent.gif

Tim duncans? really??? :stoneface:

...Pardon me if I'm not up on my anthology of weed carrier PEs.

I corrected the info. XILegacy offered a simple, respectful response for the benefit of the thread. He has forgotten more about kicks than you've ever known, and yet he doesn't feel the need to be a tool about it. He offered a correction for the benefit of thread instead of a snide comment to make himself feel like a cool guy.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to bidding on a Malachi the Nutcracker PE brass nutcracker.

Last edited:
Tim duncans? really??? :stoneface:

...Pardon me if I'm not up on my anthology of weed carrier PEs.

I corrected the info. XILegacy offered a simple, respectful response for the benefit of the thread. He has forgotten more about kicks than you've ever known, and yet he doesn't feel the need to be a tool about it. He offered a correction for the benefit of thread instead of a snide comment to make himself feel like a cool guy.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to bidding on a Malachi the Nutcracker PE brass nutcracker.

son do you have any idea how awesome it would be if that actually existed? :wow:

BIP ftw! haha
a top 100 put on by you all would be very cool! i would love to see that list

shout out kicks4eva for the 96 patent lows!

my mids:

bonus pic. i need the sheed highs to complete my patent family:

grey yellow cvs lows:

Your not the only one that needs some eggs in a 10.5/11 Co

Very nice stuff doo

Got 3 pairs on the way can't wait

The thing I'm still waiting for is visual-based searching. So, I have a pic of a shoe that I don't know the name/style/colorway of - why can't I highlight a specific section of a photo and search for other images that are similar based on shape, color, color pattern, etc.?
This would be useful for searching for people, pieces of art, all kinds of stuff. Often times, we have info and need to find a picture, but there are plenty of times when you have picture and you need to find the info. The common search function should be able to work in both directions.

What you described is already out there, look up Google- search by image, or

http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en

And great pairs posted guys, I still remember the high school days when I snagged a pair of indy jewels for $90 @ dunkxchange in chinatown, the box said "hold for Clark" on it haha.. pretty sure meaning dj Clark kent the J**** weed carrier cos it was a big size.He was actin like a cheesepussy when I saw him later that event tho soo its kool :smokin

Oh snap. I never new the google image search feature worked in reverse too. Good looks.

And, no Stan-ing, but I don't think it's fair to refer to CK as a Jay's weed carrier, considering he produced I Can't Get with That. He was an important part of Jay's early career. It's not like he was Memph Bleek, or even worse, Pain in da ***.

Last edited:
HI guys, quick question (because the auction is ending soon)...can I get an L/C on this pair:

they look early 2000's; the lining and leather look about right but the toebox looks a bit "boxy" and I don't see a miniswoosh at the bottom of the laces.

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

is that the only pic you can get?

I have 00 or 01 white/white mids that I can easily compare to. the lining is right, everything looks right except the toe box but it could be just the picture. I cant tell if the sole (shape and side texture) is right from this angle

Last edited:
is that the only pic you can get?
I have 00 or 01 white/white mids that I can easily compare to. the lining is right, everything looks right except the toe box but it could be just the picture. I cant tell if the sole (shape and side texture) is right from this angle

If I would have spotted the auction sooner I would've PMed the seller for pics, but there was only about an hour to go on the auction so I took the plunge and copped them.
Seller has zero negs and a lot of his past auctions were (legit) kicks so I think I'm ok. Got em for a pretty good price too. Thanks for the input CoOrdinate!

The panels and materials all look on point with my mids. I'd think your good.
I'd love to find some all white lows like this.

What size were they?

Here my mids. They do have the check at the bottom of the tongue. But maybe because they're mids? Idk. If those are fakes/replicas nike needs to buy materials from whoever made them

Last edited:
They are a US9

and judging by G Raider's on page 408 I should be ok. will post pics when they arrive.

thanks again for your help!

Back
Top Bottom