TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by p5jay2

major canvas high pair sz10.5
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...gename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

did someone here win them? i was watching but price went out of my budget.
eek.gif
 i was watching those there was like 23m left when i saw the price at 60 or 80 thats a big leap but one gorgeous shoe

Michael, I'm not sure how long you've been into air force 1's, but not too long ago, nobody cared about jewel or canvas air force 1's. there was zero hype, pairs would sit on ebay for $90 or less. sneaker hype in general is just crazy these days. you wouldn't see anybody paying $300 for that pair of shoes 3 or 4 years ago.

Michael, I'm not sure how long you've been into air force 1's, but not too long ago, nobody cared about jewel or canvas air force 1's. there was zero hype, pairs would sit on ebay for $90 or less. sneaker hype in general is just crazy these days. you wouldn't see anybody paying $300 for that pair of shoes 3 or 4 years ago.

A lot of people keep saying this to me lol.  I've been collecting since 2008.
You actually have it backwards.  Right now stuff is going for the cheapest it has ever sold for.  That auction was over exposed and someone even bidded it up out of anger.

3-4 years ago these pairs were selling for a lot more as a lot of the older heads can attest to.  I read through all the 06-08 threads and it seemed common to drop 300 dollars on a vintage pair.

I was a lurker for a while, but I know..

All those pairs Tyler is selling he paid almost twice as much for when he purchased them.  His prices are super cheap, mostly because he's looking to help the team out, but also because its a different market than he bought them in.

A lot of people keep saying this to me lol.  I've been collecting since 2008.
You actually have it backwards.  Right now stuff is going for the cheapest it has ever sold for.  That auction was over exposed and someone even bidded it up out of anger.

3-4 years ago these pairs were selling for a lot more as a lot of the older heads can attest to.  I read through all the 06-08 threads and it seemed common to drop 300 dollars on a vintage pair.

I was a lurker for a while, but I know..

All those pairs Tyler is selling he paid almost twice as much for when he purchased them.  His prices are super cheap, mostly because he's looking to help the team out, but also because its a different market than he bought them in.

The way I see it, af1s used to sell cheap for a good while, then prices spiked ( I want to say around 2006-2007), now they've died down again but the "worth whatever the seller is willing to pay" rule keeps proving itself to be true. It seems that today pairs either go for steal prices or they get overinflated. I wouldn't have been surprised to see these fetch $295 during the canvas crave when people were dropping $250 on 2001 safety orange lows. But right now, with steals left and right, I'm pretty surprised at this auction.

The way I see it, af1s used to sell cheap for a good while, then prices spiked ( I want to say around 2006-2007), now they've died down again but the "worth whatever the seller is willing to pay" rule keeps proving itself to be true. It seems that today pairs either go for steal prices or they get overinflated. I wouldn't have been surprised to see these fetch $295 during the canvas crave when people were dropping $250 on 2001 safety orange lows. But right now, with steals left and right, I'm pretty surprised at this auction.

i was going to bid on those too, most i was going to pay was about 200 though. yeah you don't see them that often, but come on, they are not worth 300 to me. you have to draw the line somewhere.

and to be honest, before i got back into things ('08-'09) i can't really remember anyone wanting canvas af1's, not even me. but they have grown on me and i'm assuming everyone else too. but like both of you have said, the market price goes up and down for everything. i agree with alex more however, that a lot of things go for cheap and in rare cases certain pairs get blown up for no reason. i've seen it quite a few times and i don't understand it.

i was going to bid on those too, most i was going to pay was about 200 though. yeah you don't see them that often, but come on, they are not worth 300 to me. you have to draw the line somewhere.

and to be honest, before i got back into things ('08-'09) i can't really remember anyone wanting canvas af1's, not even me. but they have grown on me and i'm assuming everyone else too. but like both of you have said, the market price goes up and down for everything. i agree with alex more however, that a lot of things go for cheap and in rare cases certain pairs get blown up for no reason. i've seen it quite a few times and i don't understand it.

i can agree with both sides on this one. i didn't exactly see 300 coming, but ebay can throw a lot of curveballs. odd pairs like this reach high prices now and then, especially with that og box

i can agree with both sides on this one. i didn't exactly see 300 coming, but ebay can throw a lot of curveballs. odd pairs like this reach high prices now and then, especially with that og box

solid stuff in these pics. great bobbitos. what are those pics from (your stuff or from another source)?  

solid stuff in these pics. great bobbitos. what are those pics from (your stuff or from another source)?  

Yo rookee that spot that your first two picks are in is to damm high still.I don't even %*@@ whit down town bk no more. It's @#! not like when I was younger. The ave ain't hot no more. Lol

Yo rookee that spot that your first two picks are in is to damm high still.I don't even %*@@ whit down town bk no more. It's @#! not like when I was younger. The ave ain't hot no more. Lol

got these in today, great condition but dusty after 16 years.. got to cleaning - that yellowing will be gone shortly

got these in today, great condition but dusty after 16 years.. got to cleaning - that yellowing will be gone shortly

Back
Top Bottom