TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

just got these....

freebies...

822a041.jpg

canvas af1

sz. 10

....PM me.

How do you guys store your AF1s without crushing the boxes under? Now that I have more AF1s I have to stack them, but they crush the boxes under them.. anyway to avoid this ??
My kicks are stacked about 5-6 high, and some of the boxes are getting a crazy lean...since they're not all the same size, I try to put thelarger boxes on the bottom and stack the narrower ones on top. My obsidian/caro box was so busted, I just threw it out and left the kicks on the floor. Theonly shoe boxes I try to keep decent are the ones I haven't worn yet, just in case I don't wear them and decide to sell them in the future.

hollowpoints wrote:

The only shoe boxes I try to keep decent are the ones I haven't worn yet, just in case I don't wear them and decide to sell them in the future.

Same here ..... although some of my DS grails are kinda on "display" in one of my rooms
happy.gif
and the empty boxes are neatly stacked

I might be the only person who does this or even knows about this ... but the trick to keeping your important boxes in shape is simple.
If it gets f*ked up then take a blow dryer and neatly pull off the box tag. Then do the same with a perfect box and switch the tags
wink.gif

SpaceJ23 I finished the customs...I switched them to Syracuse Lows instead. It looks a lot better the Michigan wasn't looking as good
as I thought it would. I will post pics tomorrow in natural daylight and post them up.

Originally Posted by Mr KBiZZLe

I might be the only person who does this or even knows about this ... but the trick to keeping your important boxes in shape is simple.
If it gets f*ked up then take a blow dryer and neatly pull off the box tag. Then do the same with a perfect box and switch the tags
wink.gif

damn man. you on some martha stewart is h with that one.
i'm currently at a loss without all the links i had for jp searches on my home computer. i guess that's a good thing. imma be back infull-fiend-swing in the end of december. right now i'm tryna pay a mortgage, rent and double utilities and in hawaii, it's no joke
frown.gif

I know that I'm a lil slow, but I'm starting to understand about you guys complaining about the 07 shape, which is obvious in this pic

sick.gif

makes me wanna regret those 07 AF1's that I've bought
frown.gif

that was cold-blooded, kuya mic. i was just about to say that amsterdam was paradise.. but now i think i'll roll with hawaii, brah.

it's halfway between america and the philippines in more ways than one.

and speaking of 07 AF1s, the shape is just too deformed for me. in 06, most of my pickups were AF1.. in 07, none.

i hope nike knows this was a horrible year
trust that they know the 25th anniversary left the vendors stuck with tons of unsellable product. will they learn from this and do the upcomingdunk anniversary any better? *shrugs* probably not...but from what i'm hearing so far... ..

Ironically, the anniversary of the AF1 is also the worst year for AF1.
Sadly it only gets worst, now that Nike is doing this ugly hybrid with Jordans crap.

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Ironically, the anniversary of the AF1 is also the worst year for AF1.
Sadly it only gets worst, now that Nike is doing this ugly hybrid with Jordans crap.

can we say, RIP AF1 1982-2007?

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

i hope nike knows this was a horrible year
trust that they know the 25th anniversary left the vendors stuck with tons of unsellable product. will they learn from this and do the upcoming dunk anniversary any better? *shrugs* probably not...but from what i'm hearing so far... ..

Enh, I'd say from a business standpoint, I'm willing to bet that this was probably one of Nike's BEST years regarding AF1s. Sure, you see abunch of stock sitting around, but I'd say it has something to do with the absurd amount of Forces they released. You can't sell everything.

While the heads in this thread(myself included) don't appreciate 2007, please believe the general public did. We're a VERY small sample of theAF1-buying population, so we end up getting the shaft. Same could be said with Jordan Brand--now Spiz'ikes and Dub Zeros fly off shelves, as dovariant-looking colorways. And that's the problem with Nike/JB, in my opinion. They're pissin' on the folks that got them to where they are,while doing whatever it takes to make that bottom line go up. Even if that means putting out craptastic colorways that only blind people should wear. Thatsaid, I can't say I blame them. Afterall, they ARE a business at the end of the day. I don't like it, but I can see where they're coming from.

yes, i agree. i def know that nike sold a bunch of af1's this year and "we" are def a niche market. that's why i said nike knows vendors areleft with allota stock rather than say that nike bombed business-wise this year. look at the skittles dunks and all the crap that sold in journeys - all thatstuff probably made more money for nike than any bobbito force will ever make. nike dont really give a rip cause they made their money - all that stock sittingat the shops are already paid for by the vendors. all the salespople i talked to in hawaii say the same thing though - that they are STUCK with stock (25th airforce 1's) they cannot sell. hawaii is a different market though - locals wear mostly slippers. we sell a lot of shoes here to japanese tourists, otherasian, european and US tourists too. are the forces still sitting on the shelves on the mainland or in europe?

kev - I know that most early 07 AF1's (Old/New 6, Phillies, etc) were collecting dust in the Nike Outlet Stores outside of Toronto. Might cop a pair ofToronto & So Cal AF1 when they hit the outlets.

or replace the So Cal ones with the JD Sports Ice Cube's, but those are hard to find in 11.5-12
frown.gif

Might cop a pair of Toronto & So Cal AF1 when they hit the outlets.
bunch of those were on sale here for black friday in the $50-$80 range depending on the model. NOBODY was buying so they marked them down evenfurther to the $35-$60 range and a FEW sold. i ended up helping my friends box tons of the forces to put in storage for an after christmas sale. if thesupremes go on sale for less than $40 i might buy some for work beaters.

locals wear mostly slippers.
laugh.gif
Ahh man, that made me laugh. Random.

Yeah, I see what you're saying though. Here AF1s are pretty much gone from the shelves. You'll see some here and there--mainly the joints that retailat $200. But all the GR, average-citizen-priced stuff is long gone, for the most part. People have been eating that !*%# up down here. Then again, I'min Alabama, where not too many people know about kicks outside of the mall.

Back
Top Bottom