TapaTalk works with the new NT

Looks good. But I'll just wait for the official NT app. I don't mind using the regular browser for right now.

NT mobile app??
nthat.gif
Any new news on this?

I have a slightly older version of this but it starts acting up sometimes, probably the one time out of five it's say something like my session ended & it won't show any topics :\

this app is dope... prally the best app ive downloaded in a while... talk about useful... good thing i got android cuz its free :pimp:

Screenshot_2012-08-29-04-11-13.png

Changed the settings to a black background and its the closest thing I could get to the NT experience

Last edited:
NT mobile app??
nthat.gif
Any new news on this?
The mobile version of the site is still on track for this fall.  

Last I heard, beta testing should begin in a few weeks and we'll see how things go from there.  Hopefully we can at least share some screenshots and give you a quick preview by the end of September.  

I spent a little time with a read-only demo and I think everyone should be pretty satisfied with the end result.  We're not going to see a full dedicated app with bells and whistles like push notifications, camera support, and so on - but we have to start somewhere and I think we could all benefit from a clean, streamlined, touch friendly mobile version of NT that will work seamlessly on ALL major devices and platforms.  

NT mobile app??
nthat.gif
Any new news on this?

The mobile version of the site is still on track for this fall.  

Last I heard, beta testing should begin in a few weeks and we'll see how things go from there.  Hopefully we can at least share some screenshots and give you a quick preview by the end of September.  

I spent a little time with a read-only demo and I think everyone should be pretty satisfied with the end result.  We're not going to see a full dedicated app with bells and whistles like push notifications, camera support, and so on - but we have to start somewhere and I think we could all benefit from a clean, streamlined, touch friendly mobile version of NT that will work seamlessly on ALL major devices and platforms.  

*Ray J fist pump *

I'm liking the sound of this.

Quote: Originally Posted by LongSchlong  Quote: Originally Posted by beh235  NT mobile app?? Any new news on this?   The mobile version of the site is still on track for this fall.     Last I heard, beta testing should begin in a few weeks and we'll see how things go from there.  Hopefully we can at least share some screenshots and give you a quick preview by the end of September.     I spent a little time with a read-only demo and I think everyone should be pretty satisfied with the end result.  We're not going to see a full dedicated app with bells and whistles like push notifications, camera support, and so on - but we have to start somewhere and I think we could all benefit from a clean, streamlined, touch friendly mobile version of NT that will work seamlessly on ALL major devices and platforms.  
beta test? Who better to test it than the NT community.

Last edited:
can't bring myself to pay for the app though...
Nor should you.  We don't benefit from their app sales at all.  Besides, I don't think you use NikeTalk enough to justify the investment.
Quote: Originally Posted by LongSchlong  Quote: Originally Posted by beh235  NT mobile app?? Any new news on this?   The mobile version of the site is still on track for this fall.     Last I heard, beta testing should begin in a few weeks and we'll see how things go from there.  Hopefully we can at least share some screenshots and give you a quick preview by the end of September.     I spent a little time with a read-only demo and I think everyone should be pretty satisfied with the end result.  We're not going to see a full dedicated app with bells and whistles like push notifications, camera support, and so on - but we have to start somewhere and I think we could all benefit from a clean, streamlined, touch friendly mobile version of NT that will work seamlessly on ALL major devices and platforms.  
If it reaches/requires an open beta stage, I'd agree, but I'm referring to a very limited closed beta test.  As we approach the beta stage, we'll have a better idea about the state of the product and whether or not it makes sense to extend testing opportunities beyond core staff.

Either way, the key takeaway here is that we want to at least SHOW, rather than tell, you about the Huddler team's progress as soon as we're able.  If that's only possible through screenshots, that's still better than giving you a very nebulous completion estimate and a general description of the product.  

The mobile situation here will improve dramatically in the coming weeks, so I want to make sure everyone's aware of that before spending money on something like Tapatalk.

If it reaches/requires an open beta stage, I'd agree, but I'm referring to a very limited closed beta test.  As we approach the beta stage, we'll have a better idea about the state of the product and whether or not it makes sense to extend testing opportunities beyond core staff.

Either way, the key takeaway here is that we want to at least SHOW, rather than tell, you about the Huddler team's progress as soon as we're able.  If that's only possible through screenshots, that's still better than giving you a very nebulous completion estimate and a general description of the product.  

The mobile situation here will improve dramatically in the coming weeks, so I want to make sure everyone's aware of that before spending money on something like Tapatalk.
Oh I see, thats fine with me. As good as Tapatalk works there are things that could be improved on which I'm sure you guys are aware of and will fix, I appreciate the update. One more question is there any word on whether or not the NT App will cost money? It wouldnt make much a difference to me, I come here too much to not buy it, just curious. Seems like a good way to raise funds for a charity

One more question is there any word on whether or not the NT App will cost money? It wouldnt make much a difference to me, I come here too much to not buy it, just curious. Seems like a good way to raise funds for a charity
The mobile optimization we're referring to isn't a dedicated app; it's a version of the site that should load automatically in place of the full desktop site whenever you access NT from your phone.  

It will, of course, be completely free for all users.  

While app sales can be a source of revenue, that's not how we intend to raise money for charity.  We'd rather give everyone the best experience we can for free and raise money for charity through advertising and voluntary donations, like our recent fundraising drives for disaster relief efforts in Somalia and Japan.  

We always want to reward loyalty, not TEST loyalty.  Ultimately, mobile optimization will prove worth the investment as it will hopefully keep people happy and engaged.  Nearly 1:5 visits to communities like ours now come from mobile device users.  A great experience shouldn't be a premium option, it should be available for everyone.  

Works flawlessly :pimp: I switched to the dark background so it still has that NT feel. It's only three bucks and I was getting annoyed with constantly having to tilt my phone and deal with the preview boxes.

Edit: smileys don't show tho.

This will do just fine until the official mobile version drops.

Last edited:
didn't realize yuku has an app now
mean.gif
Looks like you're not the only one.  It has a whopping 12 reviews in the app store.  

Here are the reviews: 

[h5]Crash Happy[/h5]by Julie Dowdy
If you have posts with a lot of text, like you do on a writing board, the app crashes every single time you hit the "more" button - which makes the app useless for me.

[h5]Yuku in your hand[/h5]by Taher Scherzay
First ever app for the Yuku forum platform brings everything you love about the worlds largest forum community. Download this app today.

[h5]No Titles to Replies[/h5]by s00per
That makes things incredibly difficult. A huge portion of people use their headings to respond.

Taher Scherzay... now why does that name sound familiar?  Oh yeah, he's CrowdGather's "Vice President of Technology."  That's an impartial review. 

According to their press release (http://www.mrweb.com/drno/news15823.htm), "US-based online community provider CrowdGather has launched a mobile app for its Yuku.com platform members, which it says will enable brands to better engage these members through customized ads such as branded interstitials, or concentrated geo-targeting."

Have fun with that one, guys. 

I hate mobile sites. I just use the ad blocker thing on my rooted SGSII and the normal site is pretty good to me.

Back
Top Bottom