Taking Jordans to college tips on hiding

You may end up in a room that has latches on your dresser and/or closet, so that way you can buy a lock and lock your most important items up. From my experience at one college, some rooms have them while some do not.

In my current room I didn't have any latches for locks on the closet/dresser, so I went to Target and bought my own and installed them. I now have some sliding drawers that I can lock, so problem solved for now. My latches look like they've always been there so I hope I don't get in trouble for damaging the school's crap furniture by screwing in a couple latches. If anyone asks about them, I just play it dumb and act like they were here when I moved in.

About bringing the shoes, that's up to you. I don't care much about sneakers now, hence why I only post in general section. I can understand wanting to lock your stuff up though (shoes or anything else for that matter).

Last edited:
Hide them under the bed, in your car?

Don't they have locks where your going?

Bring 5 sneakers max. I'd say BC 3s, TB3s, Bred 1s,Cg 11s and some chucks you'll be gucci.

Man don't take all those shoes to college, I had someone break in my room and steal DS aquas I had just bought, and CDP 8s FEELS BATMAN

don't do it, dog :smh:

I wish I could do college over again

-sigh

You kids have no idea how good you have it.

^^^ loved college but I wouldn't do it again. I did everything a man would want to during my time and some. I'm just happy I made it out without burning sensations when I piss, or aids lol. Spring break really pushed my STD boundaries lol. Being tested and being clean ftw 8)

whats wrong with what i said, im 24 yrs young, been apart of rocking heat when you would switch pairs during high school period breaks so don't go there fam. All im saying is that no one cares if you got heat, he already feels like he will be a target for rocking heat, so just keep them home and rock maybe one or two pairs, or just copp what ever is new. Ive seen shoes stolen in college so whatever.
I was just like him, i brought like 8 pairs of kicks to college and because i was selling bootleg cds and dvds i was coppin new pairs too. too much luggage to be going home for Christmas and spring break with 10 plus pairs. I wasnt leaving no air jordans or nike retros at no HBCU campus. I also did the hooper look, but that because i was going to the gym alot too, not just being one of those scarny dudes who thinks chicks wanna lay up in his twin size cuz he got a pair of Aqua 8's he won be able to afford once he graduates or drops out.
man, shutup.

Last edited:
whats wrong with what i said, im 24 yrs young, been apart of rocking heat when you would switch pairs during high school period breaks so don't go there fam. All im saying is that no one cares if you got heat, he already feels like he will be a target for rocking heat, so just keep them home and rock maybe one or two pairs, or just copp what ever is new. Ive seen shoes stolen in college so whatever.
I was just like him, i brought like 8 pairs of kicks to college and because i was selling bootleg cds and dvds i was coppin new pairs too. too much luggage to be going home for Christmas and spring break with 10 plus pairs. I wasnt leaving no air jordans or nike retros at no HBCU campus. I also did the hooper look, but that because i was going to the gym alot too, not just being one of those scarny dudes who thinks chicks wanna lay up in his twin size cuz he got a pair of Aqua 8's he won be able to afford once he graduates or drops out.
You 2 Cool

Man you were clearly doing WAYYYYY too much.

If you were changing shoes between every class that's like 8 pairs or so a day. Either you were switching between the same 2 pairs or your locker was huge. Sounding like some bullsheet to me....... Explanation !!

What you'll realize by the time you leave college is that no one cares about your shoes.

Questions at the bar club change from, " What school do you go to?" to " What do you do for a living?"

Priorities. :smh:

I curious as to what measures people take as I do know getting sneakers stolen does happen to people. Really though if youre not going to a HBCU I say bring 2-3 and let the rest be shoes that are comfortable to walk in.

I had 20+ shoes with me at HU (Hampton) and never got one pair stolen and people knew how many shoes I had.

EDIT- And people in here saying you're doing it for other people clearly care what other people think. Those were my shoes and apart of my style. I wasn't trying to impress anyone I couldn't care less. That was just what I liked and I enjoyed having options whether people noticed or not didn't change my style. I wore the shoes, the shoes didn't wear me. It didn't change anything about my experience. Do what you do and what you like.

Last edited:
lol at the grow up and immature comments. Says more about you guys than it says about OP.

Honestly, no hate, but only dudes attracting dudes go all out in college.

What is this nonsense?

And people in here saying you're doing it for other people clearly care what other people think. Those were my shoes and apart of my style. I wasn't trying to impress anyone I couldn't care less. That was just what I liked and I enjoyed having options whether people noticed or not didn't change my style. I wore the shoes, the shoes didn't wear me. It didn't change anything about my experience. Do what you do and what you like.

View media item 121906

Last edited:
worrying about some shoes like they're his most prized possesion. lock em in the closet or put em under your bed.. smh at this thread

Don't understand why some of you are teasing OP acting like hes making it a dire situation when hes not. He simply asked for suggestions. Clearly he likes his sneakers and wants some advice from people who LIKE SNEAKERS AND MAY HAVE GONE TO COLLEGE on how they kept their hobby up. You got guys in here accusing him wearing his shoes in college means hes doing it for other dudes, how hes not focused on school, just a whole bunch of irrelevant things that you can't even quantify because YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM.

OP, do what you think is best. I previously said, take 2-3 casual shoes that match with anything + 3 good sneakers that could be replaced if lost. Do what you feel is best and you'll learn from trial and error. Ignore the immature responses in here. I just added a few more people to my ignore list(hood mentality dudes in here)

Last edited:
lol at the grow up and immature comments. Says more about you guys than it says about OP.
What is this nonsense?
View media item 121906

You must share his dread...... :smh:

Actually I don't. I went to school already and was into kicks like many of my friends were. What I don't like is the older members on here thumbing their noses at him as if they are better when many were in the same situation when they were freshman. He may have worded it badly, but we all understood what he was asking and could have given better advice than he's insecure and that he's not focused on school. Just because you guys aren't into kicks anymore doesn't mean you have to downplay OPs hobby.

If OP is still checking the thread, bring the kicks you like the most and will go with most of your clothes that way you can rotate. If you think you'll be buying kicks while in school, get a little part time job to put money in your pocket so that you don't have to dip in your book/food money. You'll more than likely be in a double that doesn't have much space, so like your other stuff, put them in the closet or store them under your bed.

Back
Top Bottom