Takeover > Ether

Ether was a more effective diss record but Takeover was a better song...Nas won the battle but who really listens to Ether when they spin Stillmatic (besidesIlluztrious)?

50 > Jay-Z >Nas

nerd.gif

Liking Takeover more than Ether , doesnt equal hatin Nas.

Those are 2 very different things.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Ether was a more effective diss record but Takeover was a better song...Nas won the battle but who really listens to Ether when they spin Stillmatic (besides Illuztrious)?

StudentRaisingHand.gif

Ether was a more effective diss record but Takeover was a better song...Nas won the battle but who really listens to Ether when they spin Stillmatic (besides Illuztrious)?
i do
nerd.gif

roll.gif
Just cuz you think Takeover is a better song doesn'tmean that Ether isn't a classic song and doesn't get plays.

laugh.gif

Nah I still bang Ether from time to time. Its def a classic track but just the Takeover beat alone gives it more replay value for me.

Its like 2 dudes going in on each other in school in front of the whole cafeteria

Kid #1 (Jay)- Thats why I effed ya girl (fact) You had one hot album in 10 years and I had more than that in 5, I sold what ya whole album sold in my firstweek(fact) Ya bodyguards oochie wally verse was better than yours....... Basically Jay went in on dude personally and spit real facts

Kid #2 (Nas)- So thats why you gay and you got big lips... o yea you gay, ill shoot you.... and you gay

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Its like 2 dudes going in on each other in school in front of the whole cafeteria

Kid #1 (Jay)- Thats why I effed ya girl (fact) You had one hot album in 10 years and I had more than that in 5, I sold what ya whole album sold in my first week(fact) Ya bodyguards oochie wally verse was better than yours....... Basically Jay went in on dude personally and spit real facts

Kid #2 (Nas)- So thats why you gay and you got big lips... o yea you gay, ill shoot you.... and you gay
Where's your one hot album every 10 year average???[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""]Title[/th] [th=""]Chart positions[/th] [th=""]Certifications[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]US[sup][1][/sup][/th] [th=""]US R&B[sup][2][/sup][/th] [th=""]US Rap[sup][3][/sup][/th] [th=""]UK[sup][4][/sup][/th] [th=""]CAN[sup][5][/sup][/th] [/tr][tr][td]1994[/td] [td] Illmatic
  • Released: April 19, 1994
  • Label: Columbia
[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996[/td] [td] It Was Written
  • Released: July 2, 1996
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]
  • US: 2× Platinum[sup][6][/sup]
    pimp.gif
  • CAN: Platinum[sup][8][/sup]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999[/td] [td] I Am…
  • Released: April 6, 1999
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]
  • US: 2x Platinum[sup][6][/sup]
    pimp.gif
  • CAN: Platinum[sup][9][/sup]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Nastradamus
  • Released: November 23, 1999
[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]
  • US: Platinum[sup][6][/sup]WACK
  • CAN: Gold[sup][10][/sup]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001[/td] [td] Stillmatic
  • Released: December 18, 2001
[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]
  • US: Platinum[sup][6][/sup]
    pimp.gif
  • CAN: Gold[sup][11][/sup]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

2002[/td] [td] 2002 The Lost Tapes
pimp.gif

God's Son
  • Released: December 13, 2002
[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]
    pimp.gif
  • CAN: Gold[sup][12][/sup]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td] Street's Disciple
  • Released: November 30, 2004
[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]
    eyes.gif
    , DECENT
  • CAN: Gold[sup][13][/sup]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td] Hip Hop Is Dead
  • Released: December 19, 2006
  • Label: Def Jam/Columbia
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]
  • US: Gold[sup][6][/sup]
    pimp.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td] Untitled
  • Released: July 15, 2008
  • Label: Def Jam/Columbia
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]
  • US: Gold[sup][6]
    pimp.gif
    [/sup]
    pimp.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Kid #1 (Jay)- Thats why I effed ya girl (fact) You had one hot album in 10 years and I had more than that in 5, I sold what ya whole album sold in my first week(fact) Ya bodyguards oochie wally verse was better than yours....... Basically Jay went in on dude personally and spit real facts

Pharrel wrecked Kelis so he must be a better rapper than Nas. Having sex has nothing to do with being a better rapper than anyone. According to your logic, if I were to have sex with Beyonce, I'd be the greatest rapper of all time.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

StudentRaisingHand.gif

Sometimes I skip it though, depends what kinda mood I'm in.

Pharrel and Nas wasn't beefing tho. If they were that would be good ammo...And P popped Kelis before Nas even knew her. That has nothing to do withnothing. Someone smashed everyones wife before they got to them....Nas's baby mother got piped by his rival while they were still together. Thats totallydifferent.

No one is talking about who's the better rapper tho...you speedin.

We just comparing tracks.

Youre right Im getting ahead of the topic with that whos a better rapper, but that baby momma situation is some personal %+$# that has nothing to do with hiphop. It does hurt, personally. But has no clout lyrically/musically.

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

philly5fan wrote:

Pharrel wrecked Kelis so he must be a better rapper than Nas. Having sex has nothing to do with being a better rapper than anyone. According to your logic, if I were to have sex with Beyonce, I'd be the greatest rapper of all time.

when did i say just because he effed his girl that he was a better rapper?? I said that in a battle a dude saying that he effed ya girl and actually did is alot worse than saying youre gay... like i said that is a fact that Jay did that... you guys are ignoring that point though and tryna flip it to something thati did not say

you guys act like rap battles play no role in determining who the better rapper is. Its obvious theres a separate dispute about who is the better rapper. Imtrying to show you that Takeover is not all that you crack it up to be.

Yes. i was a bigger Nas fan at the time i heard it and I thought he got @%%! on. nas basically called him gay and said he had big lips.

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

69j8mp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom