T-Mobile Project Dark- $50 Unlimited Everything Plan!? UPDATE: IT'S UP!!! T-Mobile.com!!!

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I've got to say.

To all you BB owners who are flicking your nose at SK users...

You DO know that BB is the new SK right?
laugh.gif

If you ain't in corporate America there's no need for you having such a phone.

Attention +@$%$*, !#$$%$+ sheep is what you dudes are
laugh.gif
guess what corporate america uses a blackberry for? the blackberry enterprise email. people who arent corporate america are the ones who areactually using the BB to it's full capacity. ask any lawyer with a BB from work for their pin number, they'll have no clue what youre talking aboutunless you show them. im in no way saying BB is better than SK and vice versa, i'm just tired of people saying BB users are posers. it's a great phone!
and it's all about PREFERENCE. ive been with at&t for almost 10 years now and i have yet to cop an iphone because i need a physical qwerty. ive neverbought a SK because you cant text with one hand (atleast i cant). therefore a BB has been my go-to phone. think of the phone as a car..it's all about yourpreference and what works for you. btw, we got 4 lines with all BB unlimited data plans/sms/mms at $255 a month free mobile to mobile plus rollover minutes.not the cheapest but def not $100 per line. if youre happy with your phone, do you!

Sidekicks are not bad specwise, actually kinda feature packed, but let's not get stupid here...it's not seeing a BB.
Thats what im saying.

The iphone is fun and all but theres a reason why I carry two blackberries on me for work, business, etc
This coming from an iphone user also.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

anything Microsoft touches turns to garbage I swear

tell me about it, if it wasn't for da fact that i still use XP i would be completely windows free....them idiots messed up a great thing with da sidekickcuz they REFUSED to believe

that something basically open sourced, java enabled such as da OS built from da ground up is WORLDS better then da ****astic program that no one uses calledWinMo.

so they bought out danger, fired everyone there..and everyone that was there left they wrangled into tryin to make da pink project.
tired.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Yall heard it from me.. first i bet 9 times out of 10 this plan will have a 3-4 year contract attached.. This price cut would seriously effect there revenue ..there not gonna do it unless they can have a trick up there sleeves too it.. imagine people pay 135 before tax for unl everything with data.. from 135+tax to 50+tax for everyone will lose them more a month then this sidekick mess has lost them put together.. people stay with them on average 2-3 years ive had customers still faithful since voicetream so 3-4 year contracts are highly possible

Ill be back in a minute.

My-T.
[gucci] well damn [/gucci]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i just wish yall would stop bashing windows mobile... i make my own operating systems... i use the att fuze... i have the same stuff on this phone as a touchpro 2... i would switch but this rollover and my 3g got me sold... this kills iphone... this kills a bb... and i can customize EVERYTHING... im never buying anon windows phone... yall are zzz'n hard on this platform... seems like this tread is bb vs. iphone vs the world... ill tell you what, my shorty got thebold and i got the fuze and my net is fer, my phone looks better and now she wants one... that bold constantly has to get reset( battery off then 5 mins of attsplashscree...) and that bloatware makes it ugly and takes up a ton of space on the phone... i have no stitch of att anything on mine...hate all you want butno matter what service you got or how much you pay, if you sleep on winMo, your shooting yourself in the foot...

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Yall heard it from me.. first i bet 9 times out of 10 this plan will have a 3-4 year contract attached.. This price cut would seriously effect there revenue ..there not gonna do it unless they can have a trick up there sleeves too it.. imagine people pay 135 before tax for unl everything with data.. from 135+tax to 50+tax for everyone will lose them more a month then this sidekick mess has lost them put together.. people stay with them on average 2-3 years ive had customers still faithful since voicetream so 3-4 year contracts are highly possible

Ill be back in a minute.

My-T.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My man said a 4year contract tho
smh.gif

Originally Posted by The King Of Maryland

i just wish yall would stop bashing windows mobile... i make my own operating systems... i use the att fuze... i have the same stuff on this phone as a touch pro 2... i would switch but this rollover and my 3g got me sold... this kills iphone... this kills a bb... and i can customize EVERYTHING... im never buying a non windows phone... yall are zzz'n hard on this platform... seems like this tread is bb vs. iphone vs the world... ill tell you what, my shorty got the bold and i got the fuze and my net is fer, my phone looks better and now she wants one... that bold constantly has to get reset( battery off then 5 mins of att splashscree...) and that bloatware makes it ugly and takes up a ton of space on the phone... i have no stitch of att anything on mine...hate all you want but no matter what service you got or how much you pay, if you sleep on winMo, your shooting yourself in the foot...

Windows Mobile 6.5 gets bad reviews - really bad

Now that Windows Mobile 6.5 has been officially released, the reviews are pouring in. The consensus? In the words of TechCrunch, "It still sucks."

winmo_logo.jpg

In the weeks leading up to Tuesday's launch, Windows Mobile 6.5 was increasingly seen as just an intermediate update to Microsoft's mobile operating system while the company develops Windows Mobile 7. And when Zero Hour came, that view was all but confirmed.

Let's take a look at some select reviews.

Gizmodo
Read full review
I really didn't want to beat up on WinMo here, because at this point it just feels tired. But man, come on Microsoft, you're giving me no choice. Windows Mobile 6.5 isn't just a letdown - it barely seems done. ...

I'd like to think that 6.5's stunning failure to innovate is a symptom of a neglected project - maybe Microsoft just needed something, anything to hold people over until the mythical Windows Mobile 7 comes out, whatever it is. But as Steve Ballmer himself has plainly admitted, it's worse: Microsoft has simply lumbered in the wrong direction for two years, letting everyone, save maybe Nokia, fly right past them.

http://
TechCrunch
Read full review
Take a Buick Lasabre. No, no, not a cool one from the late 1950s. Take one from the early 90s, like the ones they use on cop shows. Now, strap a spoiler on it. The Lasabre is Windows Mobile. The Spoiler is all of the stuff 6.5 brings.

6.5 brings along a handbag of wonderful new features, and proceeds to strap it on top of the same hot mess we've known for years. The most shining example of this is in the overall design: a very small chunk of the operating system (namely, the home screen and the start screen - more on those later) has been overhauled for finger-friendliness. If you actually want to do anything, however, you're straight back to using the stylus. Want to type? Stylus. Want to navigate the settings screens? Stylus. Want to do just about anything outside of launching an application? Yep - grab that stylus.

VentureBeat
Read full review
Overall, Windows Mobile 6.5 moves Microsoft into a somewhat defensible position compared to its rivals. But observers are eagerly awaiting better things from Microsoft when Windows Mobile 7 launches sometime next year. That is supposedly based on Microsoft's Project Pink, which has lineage to the acquisition of Danger, maker of the Sidekick phones.

But for now, the iPhone has a number of advantages over Microsoft. The upshot: you can still get a much better experience with an iPhone, which has superior multitouch capabilities and accelerometer-based controls that work wonderfully in some apps. And there's still far more choice available on the iPhone.

ZDNet
Read full review
We have seen more leaked than what was released today so maybe there will be some upcoming updates, but I am disappointed by the lipstick. ...

I am a fan of Windows Mobile, but find very little added value in this Windows Mobile 6.5 release and would never recommend anyone actually purchase a new device just to get this update on their smartphone. We are going to have to wait and see if Microsoft can pull anything out of the hat in Windows Mobile 7, but with the current schedule of late 2010, most likely slipping into 2011 like this release, I think the T-Mobile Touch Pro2 may be my last Windows Mobile device for quite some time.

SlashGear
Read full review
Faster, more stable and more capable it may be, but Windows Mobile 6.5 still leaves us hungry for Windows Mobile 7 simply because that OS promises the revolution Microsoft's platform so badly requires. Windows Phones do some things very well - their Exchange integration is superb, and that functionality will only get better once Exchange 2010 launches - but Microsoft face a tough struggle promoting them as consumer devices. Enterprise users will likely find this latest version a decent mixture of the familiar and the new, but Windows Mobile 6.5 still falls short of a knock-out blow against webOS, Android and the iPhone.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i just wish yall would stop bashing windows mobile... i make my own operating systems... i use the att fuze... i have the same stuff on this phone as a touch pro 2... i would switch but this rollover and my 3g got me sold... this kills iphone... this kills a bb... and i can customize EVERYTHING... im never buying a non windows phone... yall are zzz'n hard on this platform... seems like this tread is bb vs. iphone vs the world... ill tell you what, my shorty got the bold and i got the fuze and my net is fer, my phone looks better and now she wants one... that bold constantly has to get reset( battery off then 5 mins of att splashscree...) and that bloatware makes it ugly and takes up a ton of space on the phone... i have no stitch of att anything on mine...hate all you want but no matter what service you got or how much you pay, if you sleep on winMo, your shooting yourself in the foot...
People dont just know/dont wanna take the time to customize their phones. And its not that hard. I have a touch pro with a custom rom that doeseverything i need, its perfect. The only problem is the battery life which is a problem with the phone not the software. My phone runs so smooth.
Windows Mobile 6.5 gets bad reviews - really bad

Get a custom rom and you wont see those problem. People have no problems jailbreaking their ipods but cant unlock a WM phone
laugh.gif

thats da problem...if you can't use da phone stock aka drive da car out da lot without basically gutting it and getting and entirely new engine then its apiece of junk.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

thats da problem...if you can't use da phone stock aka drive da car out da lot without basically gutting it and getting and entirely new engine then its a piece of junk.
Can't wait for Microsoft to get rid of Danger and throw WinMo on ur precious sidekicks.
laugh.gif

But I got a custom ROM and love my TP2, not to mention 6.5 is just a holdover til 7, if u read, u would know

thats da problem...if you can't use da phone stock aka drive da car out da lot without basically gutting it and getting and entirely new engine then its a piece of junk.

i dont see how ur comparing a car to a phone. I understand what ur tryna say... but nah. I agree when i first got my touch pro i wasnt that satisfied but ittook me less than a hour to get it the way i like it (i had a mogul before) The iphone OS isnt perfect, didnt they just get mms? My friends Iphone juststopped working outta no where last week and he lost everything. As for sidekicks.... my fios is out and im teethering using my TP to browse the web. Ivisited my gf last week and she didnt have internet so i used my phone to download some south park episodes with bittorent. Can the sidekick do that? Correctme if Im wrong. Different strokes for different folks i guess

Windows Mobile 6.5 gets bad reviews - really bad[/qoute]

You're not providing any context to those reviews. They're bad reviews because everyone wants more. We want a Zune HD experience on our phones. We wantcurrent hardware.

On top of that, devices running Windows Mobile 6.5 are getting good reviews. Sure, they're running shells on top of WM 6.5, but there are plenty of peoplechoosing WM 6.5 over Manila or both.

People complaining about WM 6.5 aren't looking for Microsoft to release something like the Blackberry, iPhone, Android, or Web OS. We want more and want itfrom Microsoft.

one of those reviews said you need a stylus to type...? touchpro has a keyboard... and they said nothing about how fast opera runs... unless youve played w/ awinMo phone and flashed it, you dont really know whats up... one word...EnergyRom lolol... i wish yall knew what youre missing...

Windows mobile is garbage, period.

Until proven wrong thatll be my opinion for now.

Im not gonna lie, I wanted a sk since they came out, the no color version and sk2, sk3 etc but never happend.

Before the sk1 you use to see every rapper with the motorola pager.

Windows Mobiles phones with custom roms are better than anything else on the market.

75,000 apps? Really? The vast majority of their so called apps are just streamlined versions of websites which still use the web anyways, that any web capablephone can access? Like they show on the commercial then using Zagat app to find a place to eat. It was just zagat.com. Tip calculator? Isn't that just acalculator? If you passed 7th grade arithmetic you know how to say, 20$ total bill, I want to add 15% for the tip, so 20$x1.15=

I am on the Psyki Rom though. Energy was good, but I like this one better because it's 6.5 and still lets you use TF3d if you want simultaneously.

As for this plan, if it's as easy as they make it sound I might switch. Sprint treats us Sero users like complete %+!!. I have talked to so many differentreps today on the phone, chat, and in person and nobody is any help

DatzToothLess wrote:
Windows Mobiles phones with custom roms are better than anything else on the market.

75,000 apps? Really? The vast majority of their so called apps are just streamlined versions of websites which still use the web anyways, that any web capable phone can access? Like they show on the commercial then using Zagat app to find a place to eat. It was just zagat.com. Tip calculator? Isn't that just a calculator? If you passed 7th grade arithmetic you know how to say, 20$ total bill, I want to add 15% for the tip, so 20$x1.15=

I am on the Psyki Rom though. Energy was good, but I like this one better because it's 6.5 and still lets you use TF3d if you want simultaneously.

As for this plan, if it's as easy as they make it sound I might switch. Sprint treats us Sero users like complete %+!!. I have talked to so many different reps today on the phone, chat, and in person and nobody is any help

Mighty Mikes 6.1 rom for the duuuub... folks dont know how crucial them customized windows mobile roms be...

BUT SERIOUSLY... do you really think you gonna win this argument w/ people in here.. come on dawg... whatever phone the person have is gonna be THE BEST EVER,so only those who have the customized roms know how gucci they really are....

and i highly doubt they gonna have 3-4 year contracts... that rom just tryin to hate on parades... besides... they just goin off STRAIGHT SPECULATION... theyknow just as much as we do cuz they got folks signing gag orders to make sure know one says anyting...

i just wanna know how this got a a debate about which phone is better... blackberry, sidekick, windows mobile, iphone, nokia... they all got their perks, ups,and downs... sooooo... its really a mute point cuz aint nobody tryin to listen to nobody...

THIS ABOUT T-MOBILE ON THE VERGE OF DOIN SOMETHING GREAT.... AN UNLIMITED $50 PLAN FROM A NATIONAL TOP 5 CARRIER... w/ the unveiling of some serious 3gspeeds... winner winner, chicken dinner...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nokia-N900-to-Be-Included-in-T-Mobile-039-s-Project-Dark-124085.shtml

good news about the N900... i mean... we already knew this... but this just adds some concreteness (is that a word?) to it...

also, they said this in the article....
These details on Project Dark are not official and might prove not to be real in the end, but rumors sometimes pan out, one should agree. BGR states that the upcoming Android-based Motorola CLIQ and Samsung Behold II might also be included in the project, and that it might have something to do with the expansion of T-Mobile's 3G network, and not on the UMTS side, but on the 21Mbps HSPA area
this means more times then not... if stuff surfaces.. then its gonna be true...

People complaining about WM 6.5 aren't looking for Microsoft to release something like the Blackberry, iPhone, Android, or Web OS. We want more and want it from Microsoft.
So true. Who would think a company that created such classic and functional OS's like Windows 95/98 and XP can't put together a decentmobile OS... Apple was able to maneuver smoothly from cpu operating systems to mobile operating systems. Maybe MS needs to buy out some of Nokia's orRIM's software developers. With the presence of Android thats just gonna minimize WinMo marketshare even more especially with HTC moving to promote AndroidOS much more than WinMo, TP2 is probably the only prominent HTC phone still running WinMo. they even have Samsung & Motorola bailing on them now. Its justamazing to me how the let Google a company with no previous history creating any type of operating system just blow past them in less than 2 years.

i dont care what make carries winMo... htc does and they crush all phones easily... aslong as atleast 1 phoney they make runs it, thats gonna be my phone...android is nice... i wanna check it, but the customization level of my FUZE is brutal and its gonna be hard to switch... my registry edits are insane... and sois my touchflow theme...

Back
Top Bottom