System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

Eastbays not bad still the best variety of teams.

Nike needs to step up there game with
Uconn -Grey
Clemson
Memphis-White

Theyve had the blue alternate Syracuse on there for over a year and Im still yet to see the Orange wear those unis have they worn them b4?

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

Theyve had the blue alternate Syracuse on there for over a year and Im still yet to see the Orange wear those unis have they worn them b4?
twice

First time against Notre Dame and we got slapped.

And I can't remember the second time

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

What's the deal with Eastbay this year? Is it just me, or does it seem like they don't have near the run of teams or sizes they've had in previous years?

It's not just you. I noticed it too. I don't know about the number of teams but the variety of NCAA apparel available seems to have gone way down. That doesn't just go for NCAA but the NBA too. Except for the handful of the most popular NBA teams, the selection of NBA apparel sucks.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Anyone know where I can find the authentic Marquette ones (blue)? Thanks.

You from Wisconsin? Scheels at the Fox River Mall in Appleton has them in all 4 colors...except they still have the Converse logo on them and not the JB logo. I can't find any Marquette apparel with the JB logo on it. I even noticed some of the staff during games still rocking polos with the the Converse logoon them.

The new ones from eastbay should have the ones with the Jordan symbol even though the sample pic doesnt have it updated........... and that stuff have theyellow ones in a XXL??

Originally Posted by Minarets

how do you know if they are system of dress shorts?

i think i am confused.

i had authentic UNC shorts i bought in 2005 from eastbay. i bought a XXL which was a size 40 on the tags.

are SOD shorts authentic? or a step up from the swingmans?

eastbay sells SOD ones (but are not labled SOD) correct?

and sizing is not the same? if i bought a XXL new authentic UNC shorts they would be bigger than the size 40 i bought back then?

eastbay's "nike twill shorts" are authentic?

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/prod...SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH/#sku=17410422&size=XXL
I am confused as well. Everyone is labeling the Twill shorts as "Authentics". I purchased a pair of AUTHENTIC UNC Shorts size 32(Medium) back in the day with the Tar Heel logo stitched on the front of the waistband. Do they not produce Authentic shorts for the general public? All ofthese Twill shorts to me seem tacky, like the Swingman jerseys.

Originally Posted by Air Steve

Originally Posted by Minarets

how do you know if they are system of dress shorts?

i think i am confused.

i had authentic UNC shorts i bought in 2005 from eastbay. i bought a XXL which was a size 40 on the tags.

are SOD shorts authentic? or a step up from the swingmans?

eastbay sells SOD ones (but are not labled SOD) correct?

and sizing is not the same? if i bought a XXL new authentic UNC shorts they would be bigger than the size 40 i bought back then?

eastbay's "nike twill shorts" are authentic?

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/prod...SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH/#sku=17410422&size=XXL
I am confused as well. Everyone is labeling the Twill shorts as "Authentics". I purchased a pair of AUTHENTIC UNC Shorts size 32 (Medium) back in the day with the Tar Heel logo stitched on the front of the waistband. Do they not produce Authentic shorts for the general public? All of these Twill shorts to me seem tacky, like the Swingman jerseys.
You can say they are a step up from swing mans. People are considering these authentics because it does have a tag that says"authentic" on them. I dont know if they are as thick as game worn shorts but they are stitched like them. Some schools are fit/feel better themothers or fit bigger. They dont produce authentics anymore so i guess this is the "second best" thing.

I would like to black those black G'towns too.......... but i doubt they will drop them.

^ Agreed, these are middle ground between team-issued authentics and swing man stuff. They are long and baggy but the material is way better thanswingman/elite shorts they sold 4-5 years ago for college teams. Waistband is much better too, I could never ball in the swingman/elite ones becausethey'd always slide down. Don't have that issue with the SODs.

At the same time they aren't close to team-issued shorts. Not as thick, not dri-fit material, no rubber anti-slip guard on the interior waistband andthe back of these is that micromesh or whatever.

Yeah these shorts are not authentics, they in fact no longer issue authentics to the general public like they use to. Instead you can now buy the niketwill shorts that are listed at $59.99 which are a better material than the cheaper replica ones and have a sewn on logo, and are much bigger than the cheaperreplicas. I bought a XL at first and was way to big so I exchanged for a L and these are still very baggy on me. Im 6'1 by the way. The system of dressshorts I believe are only the game issured ones that the teams wear.

naw....... system of dress shorts/uniforms aren't the "grade" of the apparel........ its the style of apparel. System of dress is fittedjerseys...... and long baggy shorts, often with a stripe coming from the back side of the shorts to the front of the shorts on each side. This stripes isoften inline with the stripes on the uniform top. Here are some examples, of course there have some exceptions and differences to the styles for the teams butthats the whole point of system of dress. To have personalized uniforms for each team. Arizona and syracuse were the first of four teams to get S.O.D.

a04154ea7faf4904aa317e0f4773eb8d4ea2fb8.jpg

3852585ea07f0a634f701d2ce03ba44de356e1a.jpg

921255ae4e7c8a594a106affd96974ae4086785.jpg

c7d2578ea0711a9749806aae88b9d0b0bbe48c6.jpg

816158e077a3400043954c0c0a8e006b395d185.jpg

c35353a5eba37b08aae94a6d069c29b241fd65c.jpg

G'Town and U of Wash both have it as well...... but are different than the original format

ba335b22e3787d55a86b4a6c06309d7172c8245.jpg

When SOD gear first came out I was on the HUNT for some shorts. Those Floridas were so clean.

I just got my true authentic pair in today.... ill post pics later. To be honest. There really isnt much different between the two. the twills are actually alil thicker but the game shorts have a rubber lining around the waist to help the shorts stay up. And they are tailored better than the twills. The game shortsare wider..... (sz 46 +4) around the leg compared to the waist which is what i need personally. It seems like with some twills...... the shorts get a lilslimmer as you go down the leg as opposed to wider, which i need.

I think shorts have gone too long in the past few years , Ive been experimenting between L and XL on the last few JB shorts Ive bought and the only differenceseems to be the waistband.

Im 6-2 and most of these XL shorts go down below my knee and with the heavy material they defeat the purpose of wearin shorts to play ball. Lately Ive beendoubling up the waste band on my XL shorts to bring them up a bit but the pockets get folded doing this so its not ideal.

I remember having authentic bulls shorts in the late 90s, they were the best shorts I ever had good materials and I didn't look like Jermaine dupri introuser shorts!

They weren't Isahia Thomas short just above the knee they were ideal for someone 6-2. Im sure if you were pushin 6-6 the same size would be a bit short.

I think its about time nike sized shorts in length and waist cus wearin shorts that are made for someone 6-10 will look like a dress on someone 6-0 even if thewaist fits.

I got some Duke Twill Shorts recently on eastbay and the material is good the length is still a bit long for competitive ballin.

those white zag shorts are hella clean, did you find em online or at a local spot?

^^I found the white ZAGS shorts here:
http://www.gametimeusa.com
Ive never seen the white ones before, so I was worried that when they arrived they would be the replicas, but they are not, they are the twill player shortsand very nice IMO.

Back
Top Bottom