System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

Which Michigan shorts do you all prefer? I like the Yellow ones.....reminds me more of the Fab Five days, and it's easier to find nice navy shorts.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Which Michigan shorts do you all prefer? I like the Yellow ones.....reminds me more of the Fab Five days, and it's easier to find nice navy shorts.

Personally the UM shorts that are out right now don't look right to me. The M logo is way too small. But better scoop up all your Nike Michigan gearnow before the 3 Stripes gear drops. I got the white ones

i should be receiving my Larges in the Syracuse SOD shorts, I did not know my size so i ordered a M and a LG. So i will report back later tonight once the mailman stops by.

Originally Posted by scruwball

I have the Maryland SOD shorts in a medium and they are incredibly long but so comfortable to play in. I'm 6'0, athletically built and i found it wasy to play in them. I also have the all white Syracuse shorts. Although these shorts are nice, I want the team issue shorts I emailed a few equipment managers and they either did not reply or emailed me back saying they couldnt sell them to me.
frown.gif
. PM me if you got any hook up on getting these. I dont really care what team or where, I want even community college shorts as well! To my knowledge all sizes of the SOD shorts have an outseam of 25 inches and are longer then any shorts nike is pushing in any of their retail stores. Overall I like the SOD shorts comfortability... they are super nice, plus i had no trouble dribbling through my legs and crossing over in them.

I'm also using the Zoom BB II's and absolutely love them. I have wide feet with low arches, and they still fit very nice.
My Maryland shorts are a Medium and have the 25 inch outseem, I havent received the Syracuse shorts yet, those are in a LG, but i assume they are also25 inches in the outseem. Most likely it is just the waste and leg area that is large. I have a 32 - 34 inch waste depending on the time of year and themediums fit very nicely around the waste. The waste band on the shorts is not restricting or snuggly fitting, simple pull on the string fixes that.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Personally the UM shorts that are out right now don't look right to me. The M logo is way too small. But better scoop up all your Nike Michigan gear now before the 3 Stripes gear drops. I got the white ones
Where can I see the new styles for michigan that are droppin soon?

Can someone measure the inseam of these shorts? I know people has been saying that they are too long.

JR5

Originally Posted by JRose5

Can someone measure the inseam of these shorts? I know people has been saying that they are too long.

JR5

They are supposed to be 12" inseem, but its more like 14". the outseam is 25". I just measure my Syracuse shorts which are a Large...although inseams and outseams dont change from different sizes is what it seems. I have a medium and a large and the inseams and outseams are the same...

scruwball - which do you prefer getting the L or M

i can't decide which to get. im 5'8 but I do wear my shorts long.

I ordered a pair of the white Florida shorts the other week in a large.

I'm 6'0" and they are HUGE on me but theyre definitely still wearable. I knew they would be big but they were out of medium and they were too dopeto pass up.

I strongly thought about returning them and getting the blue ones in a medium but decided not to after getting over the how big they were. But for anyone 6foot and under...GET A MEDIUM.

1. I bought the "Maize" Michigan SOD shorts because, they also remind me of the Fab Five gear.
2. I bought a Medium and they are obscenely long, almost to the point of embarassing!
3. As long as there is Eastbay, and the M-Den, UM gear will be readily available, until the end of this academic year. So get it before it's gone.
4. I have often thought that Nike has done a disservice decreasing the size of the logo, but until they begin re-issuing gear from that era, it's what wehave to deal with.
5. I once had a discussion concerning the Fab Five unis with the actual "Jersey-Joe" and he mentioned that the game-worn gear was made by RussellAthletic but the retail version, (I have the Navy Shorts), were manufactured by Nike!

Originally Posted by MPowers16

1. I bought the "Maize" Michigan SOD shorts because, they also remind me of the Fab Five gear.
2. I bought a Medium and they are obscenely long, almost to the point of embarassing!
3. As long as there is Eastbay, and the M-Den, UM gear will be readily available, until the end of this academic year. So get it before it's gone.
4. I have often thought that Nike has done a disservice decreasing the size of the logo, but until they begin re-issuing gear from that era, it's what we have to deal with.
5. I once had a discussion concerning the Fab Five unis with the actual "Jersey-Joe" and he mentioned that the game-worn gear was made by Russell Athletic but the retail version, (I have the Navy Shorts), were manufactured by Nike!

Cool bit of info there at the end. I definitely wore out my Fab Five Michigan shorts so I've been looking for some replacements, but I'm not sure Ilike these enough.
And yes the SOD shorts are way too big. I ordered a pair of the older Georgetown shorts in gray but they are still SOD sized. Oh well, they are reallynice, just too big.

Originally Posted by Mthreee

I'm 6'0" and they are HUGE on me but theyre definitely still wearable. I knew they would be big but they were out of medium and they were too dope to pass up.

I strongly thought about returning them and getting the blue ones in a medium but decided not to after getting over the how big they were. But for anyone 6 foot and under...GET A MEDIUM.

Considering that I had already bought these three SOD's in the medium:

1. Michigan Maize
2. Ohio State Grey
3. Maryland Red (Why can't Nike EVER release the white version of the Elite UM basketball shorts)

I wanted the Carolina Blue SOD's and I thought about getting a small or at least trying them on. Lo and behold, my local Champs had them, so I bought thesmall. The problem wasn't the length. They were stretched too tight across the front of the crotch, thus looking awful.

The next day, I exchanged them for the Mediums.
I think I'm good for now...I think
Just don't send me a link to the page on Eastbay and I'll be fine!

I'm 6'0" and they are HUGE on me but theyre definitely still wearable. I knew they would be big but they were out of medium and they were too dope to pass up.

I strongly thought about returning them and getting the blue ones in a medium but decided not to after getting over the how big they were. But for anyone 6 foot and under...GET A MEDIUM.

1. Michigan Maize
2. Ohio State Grey

3. Maryland Red (Why can't Nike EVER release the white version of the Elite UM basketball shorts)

I wanted the Carolina Blue SOD's and I thought about getting a small or at least trying them on. Lo and behold, my local Champs had them, so I bought the small. The problem wasn't the length. They were stretched too tight across the front of the crotch, thus looking awful.

huh.jpg

alien.gif

1. Michigan Maize
2. Ohio State Grey

I wanted the Carolina Blue SOD's and I thought about getting a small or at least trying them on. Lo and behold, my local Champs had them, so I bought the small. The problem wasn't the length. They were stretched too tight across the front of the crotch, thus looking awful.

huh.jpg

alien.gif
I know, I know. For me, it's not about team allegiance. It's about what looks good! Y'all would do the same thing, don't try topretend that you wouldn't!

If it weren't true, we wouldn't have gone on for 9 or so pages about basketball shorts!

Just ordered a pair of the Home West Virginia and the USC in the old style before the new ones.
pimp.gif

1. Michigan Maize
2. Ohio State Grey

huh.jpg

alien.gif
I know, I know. For me, it's not about team allegiance. It's about what looks good! Y'all would do the same thing, don't try to pretend that you wouldn't!

If it weren't true, we wouldn't have gone on for 9 or so pages about basketball shorts!

For me at least, no matter how good my rival's uniform/gear may look, I'm not gonna think about buying due to the fact that I do have anallegiance. You just do you. I'm not hating or anything, just needed to point it out.

1. Michigan Maize
2. Ohio State Grey

huh.jpg

alien.gif
I know, I know. For me, it's not about team allegiance. It's about what looks good! Y'all would do the same thing, don't try to pretend that you wouldn't!

For me at least, no matter how good my rival's uniform/gear may look, I'm not gonna think about buying due to the fact that I do have an allegiance. You just do you. I'm not hating or anything, just needed to point it out.
I totally understand your point. Had I gone to either school, or lived in Big Ten territory, I would definitely be more emotionally invested. Thatcould be said for any rivalry. When I'm watching UNC/Duke, I enjoy the basketball but in my heart, I'm hoping the Heels get to the loose ball, ordrain that three from the corner, although my sister worked in the AD at Duke last year where her office was actually in Cameron! Needless to say, I love myUNC shorts but would not be against wearing great Duke gear(I had a good hookup).

Same goes for baseball. I live 20 minutes North of Manhattan, I grew up enjoying the Yankees, but I like to see the Mets do well also. To make things evenmore complicated, my parents have a house in Cape Cod, just south of Boston, where I'd watch the Sox all summer so I enjoy them as well.

That's the beauty of sports, and their gear!

As for my high school and the college where I played two sports: Never, ever would I even think of betraying them!

Back
Top Bottom