System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

All the shorts on eastbay are reminiscent of the SOD style but does not mean that the school is specifically SOD. A surefire way to tell if the school has SODuni's is by looking at the back of the uniforms when they play and a little below the shoulder area at the very edge of the jersey
it should have an odd looking stripe that is either team color or white.

Not all SOD schools have the stripe on the back of the jersey.

What is the point of making SOD gear on Eastbay if they aren't going to be an SOD school eventually. Duke is the only school on Eastbay that has SOD gearthat hasn't wore the jersies yet. It seems like Coach K wouldn't want the team to switch just because that's how he is.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Not all SOD schools have the stripe on the back of the jersey.

What is the point of making SOD gear on Eastbay if they aren't going to be an SOD school eventually. Duke is the only school on Eastbay that has SOD gear that hasn't wore the jersies yet. It seems like Coach K wouldn't want the team to switch just because that's how he is.

Aren't most of the shorts now on Eastbay SOD or not, the same length? I can see your theory, but most of the shorts are from the same template so whywould Nike change everyone else's besides Duke's? It'd be just a pain for making them regular length compared to everyone else. Regardless, theshorts on Eastbay are all SOD length, regardless if they're a SOD school or not.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Not all the shorts on Eastbay are SOD length though...

I think that all the shorts on Eastbay ARE SOD length. All the ones I have either seen or bought are SOD length -Ohio State, Duke, UNC, Mich State, Etc.

They are all sod length, I ordered the old Oregon highlighter shorts that they have on there now, not the new highlighter yellow shorts and they were muchlonger than last years twill shorts.

You are wrong, while oregon is now an SOD school their older jerseys this year were clearly not SOD, USC's earlier jerseys were not SOD, neither wereGtowns old jerseys, etc.

Exactly, the old stuff isn't SOD. The new stuff is. Duke is going to be an SOD school next year. That's all i'm really getting at.

They they arent, nearly all the SOD shorts have a stripe that goes down the side of the leg and curves up near the front of the knee.

I thought it was confirmed PAGES ago that all the $60 Nike Twill shorts WERE SOD length regardless if they were really an SOD school or not? My new Georgetownshorts ARE SOD, but they're the newer ones they broke out for the Big East tourney and NCAA tournament and so are my Texas shorts, who is also an SODschool. Now, with Duke, I couldn't imagine them an SOD school so I doubt the uniforms THE PLAYERS WEAR would be SOD but I bet the pairs THEY SOLD AS GRwould be because it's easier to mass produce all the $60 Nike Twill shorts from the same template. Just like on the first few pages a guy posted a pic ofhis Duke pair that he was wearing and he posted the size of the shorts and his height and they are CLEARLY SOD length. And UNC isn't an SOD school but aguy was talking earlier in this post had them and THEY WERE SOD length. I think he posted a pic of them too but I can't remember and I'm too lazy to goback through 8 pages of the thread. Being the person who started this thread I've followed it pretty close and I think this information is accurate becauseI was confused too and that's why I started this thread....but never imagined it to go to 8 pages.........in other news

Think these will ever go on sale on Eastbay or something since the tourney is winding down?

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

So are these Gtown shorts SOD?

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/prod.../model_nbr--82303/supercat--home/id--0/mvp--/

I just ordered them in an XL...they are way nicer than the new ones IMO.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/29/hackers-embed-flashing-animations-on-epilepsy-support-forum/
17410163_z.jpg

if you got those, they are SOD. I just got the old version and although they are not SOD they are quite long.

^^^ They did last year. However, I think this year will be slightly different, higher seeds that got knocked out early on will probably be on case by casebasis; with that said, rather than waiting for them to go on sale, it'll probably be a smart idea just to wait for a 20% off code and pull the trigger assoon as you can because I don't see them being any cheaper than $49.99 before they get all snatched up especially with the extremely skewed sizing.

I got both the pre and post Big East Tournament G'Town twill shorts (both in gray) and they are almost identical in length....as in SOD length.

Originally Posted by juschiang

^^^ They did last year. However, I think this year will be slightly different, higher seeds that got knocked out early on will probably be on case by case basis; with that said, rather than waiting for them to go on sale, it'll probably be a smart idea just to wait for a 20% off code and pull the trigger as soon as you can because I don't see them being any cheaper than $49.99 before they get all snatched up especially with the extremely skewed sizing.

I got both the pre and post Big East Tournament G'Town twill shorts (both in gray) and they are almost identical in length....as in SOD length.

what are you saying about high seeds?

^^^ I was replying to EazyDoesit's post but I think with the exception of G'Town, the higher seeds that got knocked out early will probably have theshorts go on sale, namely Duke. G'Town's shorts (especially the gray ones) is a completely different story because I seem to recall the last time anysort of G'Town gray shorts were made available to public was back in the Iverson era so I just don't see those shorts go on sale at all, especially ifthey're going to go with those post Big East tournament shorts next year.

G'Town's gray shorts are just
pimp.gif

Yeah I ordered the Grey G'Town shorts pictured above off Swoosh and I LOVE THEM. I ordered a 2XL (I'm 6'3) and honestly they're more baggy thanlong to me (but they are quite long). I want the Pre-Big East tournament G'Town shorts too but I can't find them. I agree they probably won't go onsale and that makes sense the teams that were eliminated 1st might go on sale on a team by team basis till they're probably only Mediums and stuff left andthey go real cheap. Yeah, I wouldn't wait till they hit like $39.99 because their won't be any sizes left.

Originally Posted by EazyDoesIt1

I thought it was confirmed PAGES ago that all the $60 Nike Twill shorts WERE SOD length regardless if they were really an SOD school or not? My new Georgetown shorts ARE SOD, but they're the newer ones they broke out for the Big East tourney and NCAA tournament and so are my Texas shorts, who is also an SOD school. Now, with Duke, I couldn't imagine them an SOD school so I doubt the uniforms THE PLAYERS WEAR would be SOD but I bet the pairs THEY SOLD AS GR would be because it's easier to mass produce all the $60 Nike Twill shorts from the same template. Just like on the first few pages a guy posted a pic of his Duke pair that he was wearing and he posted the size of the shorts and his height and they are CLEARLY SOD length. And UNC isn't an SOD school but a guy was talking earlier in this post had them and THEY WERE SOD length. I think he posted a pic of them too but I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go back through 8 pages of the thread. Being the person who started this thread I've followed it pretty close and I think this information is accurate because I was confused too and that's why I started this thread....but never imagined it to go to 8 pages.........in other news

Think these will ever go on sale on Eastbay or something since the tourney is winding down?
UNC IS an SOD school.

Duke WILL wear SOD jersies next year. I really doubt Nike would go without letting one of their top programs get the new jersies. I'm sure there was somedecision made internally not too switch during the season from what they already had like a few other teams did. (K-State, USC, Gtown...)

Also, if the FSU shorts on eastbay.com ARE indeed SOD, I don't know why I don't have them yet...That doesn't even make sense!!!

I was just stating what someone else had said as far as UNC goes because I didn't know who was SOD or not (besides OSU, Florida, and Syracuse).

I didn't completely understand and that was the reason I started this post. Someone stated that all the Nike Twill $59.99 shorts were SOD NO MATTER WHAT.

I still can't see Duke in SOD uniforms....but to their defense some schools don't let their players OD on the SOD length of shorts, kinda like Texasdoes and OSU did the first year.

I have the Maryland SOD shorts in a medium and they are incredibly long but so comfortable to play in. I'm 6'0, athletically built and i found it wasyto play in them. I also have the all white Syracuse shorts. Although these shorts are nice, I want the team issue shorts I emailed a few equipment managers andthey either did not reply or emailed me back saying they couldnt sell them to me.
frown.gif
. PM me if you got any hook up on getting these. I dont really care whatteam or where, I want even community college shorts as well! To my knowledge all sizes of the SOD shorts have an outseam of 25 inches and are longer then anyshorts nike is pushing in any of their retail stores. Overall I like the SOD shorts comfortability... they are super nice, plus i had no trouble dribblingthrough my legs and crossing over in them.

I'm also using the Zoom BB II's and absolutely love them. I have wide feet with low arches, and they still fit very nice.

Be sure to pick up your pair of Michigan SOD shorts before they become extinct! I received mine, in addition to the grey Ohio State pair, just in time for myannual Student-Faculty basketball game.

Blasphemy, I know...but they're both too nice to pass up!

Remember, the three stripes are taking over in Ann Arbor very soon. If you don't believe me, check out some pics from Football Spring Practice!

My sincere hope is that Nike puts out some Fab Five gear very soon!

Is there any difference in length between L and M? I usually wear XL (if they are the elite mesh type) or XXL (if they are the football type) in basketballshorts and I got a pair of size L SOD shorts and they are outrageously huge... I feel like a clown wearing them, and I'm going to re-sell them on ebay. Would a M be any shorter, or would it just be the same story?

Back
Top Bottom