Super Bowl XLIV Thread: Saints vs. Colts 2/7/09 6pm CBS vol: Peyton vs. Drew

dp

go colts!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Colts -10.5 pays out 2 to 1... gonna go big on that. I am very confident Colts will win by 14. Wish me luck NT
smile.gif
grin.gif

good luck tho
I think the Colts are going to win too, but no way they will cover 10.5

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Schefter: Freeney likely to play Sunday[/h1]
Posted by Josh Alper on February 6, 2010 1:55 PM ET
The status of Dwight Freeney's injured ankle was trending upward as the week came to an end and it sounds the Colts defensive end is going to play in Super Bowl XLIV.

AdamSchefter of ESPN.com reports that Freeney will test the ankle duringpregame warmups and, barring a setback, will be in the lineup when theColts face the Saints. It's not known how much Freeney would be able toplay, but it seems a safe bet that he'll be rushing Drew Brees on obvious passing downs.

Scheftercalls Freeney a football version of Willis Reed, the Knicks centerrevered for taking the court in Game Seven of the 1970 NBA Finals witha torn muscle in his thigh. Reed didn't play much against the Lakersthat night, but hit his first two shots and was credited with inspiringhis team's eventual victory.

The situations are a bit different,especially since everyone has more or less expected Freeney would play,but a big play or two from Freeney could have a similar motivationaleffect.

Colts injuries ...

Ryan Diem ... back issues ... will play
Reggie wayne ... bad knee ... been playing hurt all year ... tweaked it in practice ... big passing plays iono ... will still be a monster for short and intermediate passes
Powers ... had screws inserted in his foot ... finally participated in a practice ... will play just don't know how much ... Lacey starting, Powers starting ... secondary will still get toasted
Freeney ... will play ... prolly long down situations only ... can't see him being effective but his presence can hopefully force a punt or 2 ... anything else is a bonus

Saints injuries ...

Shockey ... we've seen him hurt in these playoffs ... will play
Brees ... people been speculating about his arm ... i think he just had a bad game vs. minny

colts in a tight one ... dungy needs to shut his mouth about i think it won't even be close

so b/c the saints should have lost ... doesn't mean they can't put a better effort in the next game ...
smh.gif

i hope these analysts are right ... but the saints are a monster team

i don't think i'll be posting on here either during the game ... i'll be too emo screaming at the tv every play to think rational and will prolly get banned or break my computer if the colts don't play well

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Colts -10.5 pays out 2 to 1... gonna go big on that. I am very confident Colts will win by 14. Wish me luck NT
smile.gif
grin.gif

good luck tho
For real. Although I can't wish you luck because I'm going the other, but it looks bleak rayray. How much did you put down on the game?
Here is what I put down...
- Colts -10.5 risk $500 to win $1200

- Colts win by 14,15,16 or 17 points - risk $50 to win $400

- Shortest TD of the game will be longer than 1 1/2 yards - risk $100 to win $280

Im telling you fam... Colts by 14. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Colts leading 31-24 with 2:00 left in the game.  Saints drive down the field to try and force OT.  3rd and 5, Brees drops back, attempts a quick out to Henderson, pick to the house.  ball game.  Colts win 38-24 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

does prez really get a 8 million dollar bounes if the saints win? or deion on crack?

Id like to know this as well
nah, I think Deion is referring to the fact that there's been speculation on whether or not the Saints will cut Bush before the next season, because his pay goes from like $3.4 a year to $8 million a year next season.
Basically, if the Saints win, chances are Reggie Bush is going to have some kind of significant impact and he'll have earned the $8 million next year considering the playoffs he's had thus far, plus a performance in the SB.

Because his current contract allows up to like $1.3 million in incentive based bonuses.

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Originally Posted by bkmac

Tomorrow is the DepressionBowl.

man i guess every super bowl is the depression Bowl to you. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Well the majority of the time (except this season and the 1998 season), the Jets are not even in the playoffs. This season, it just hurts knowing we could have been that team playing the Saints.

going for the saints simply because they have one of the hardest hitting Saftey's out there in Darren Sharper.......but i feel the colts are gonna win

Back
Top Bottom