Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

J Rain is
sick.gif
laugh.gif

As for right now, I basically quoted HTTB and he's on point. The people that have been on here from Day 1 kept it real from the start, most of the'Boys fans were just straight delusional like it was a LOCK they would reach the bowl (you couldn't even have a sports dicussion w/ some of em').

I have no prob w/ Pats fans, but you can't say all NYG fans are all cocky NOW like the Boys fans WERE, its not even remotely close.

Brady threw for 350+ against them in Week 17. I see no reason why this game should be any different.

And that was in cold weather. Imagine what he would do in warm weather...

HOWEVER

... Put the Giants DLine into perspective. The ONLY way, and I mean ONLY way you beat the Pats is if you get pressure. Sure, you could play 8 DB's back,and Tom would still be able to put the ball on the money. If you get pressure on Tom, you are going to get in his grill. That is the ONLY way you beat thePatriots.

Warm Weather against the DLine of Giants?

Honestly, IMO, the Giants are the best team to play the Pats in the super bowl. The Cowboys would do OK, as would the Packers, but I have said all year, both Oand DLine's for New York is the best in the NFL, which is the ONLY way you can beat the Pats.

However, I still have the Pats winning, but I will be cheering for the Giants for 59:59 (If the Pats are winning, I gotta feel happy for that organizationgoing 19-0)

23ska you logic is stupid. Its impossible to go generalize every Giant fan. Ho do you know what every poster said about the Giants throughout theseason.....The point is that they never played this consistent and Eli struggled. Im a jets fan but saw every giants game and saw them playing poorly even atthe end of the season. The giants fans should be happy bc theres nothing wrong with saying bad things about your team if there struggling....just bc they dontpost good things doesnt mean they dont care/root for the team....smh at you for taking the fans who are bragging seriously....this is nt what else should onedo?

I mean Plaxico didnt have a 1000 yard season bc he was injured thats how the league works....its not like baseball at all that was a poor analogy....the angelshad a 99 win season

wow. talk about bad timing
nerd.gif

The Patriots [team stats]' hopes for a fourth Super Bowl title in seven years and an unprecedented 19-0 season certainly hit a major speed bump yesterday, as Tom Brady [stats] was spotted wearing what appears to be a walking cast on his right foot.

Two weeks before a date with the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII isn't the best time for the quarterback who runs the league's most prolific offense, not to mention the player the Patriots can least afford to lose, to turn up with an injury problem.

A video taken of Brady in New York yesterday, which is available on TMZ.com, shows the NFL's MVP returning to the apartment of his girlfriend, Gisele Bundchen. He's dressed in dark glasses and a black hooded coat, walking gingerly on the sidewalk after emerging from a black SUV parked on the street.

The walking cast clearly is visible below the denim jeans he is wearing. He has a white sneaker on his opposite foot. The video has him carrying a bouquet of flowers, slowly moving up the steps to Bundchen's West Village apartment.

During his weekly appearance on WEEI's "Dennis and Callahan" show, Brady didn't dismiss the notion he had suffered some type of leg injury during Sunday's AFC Championship win over the San Diego Chargers.

Brady was asked to respond to reports of an observer noticing that he was a little gimpy at one point during the game, and was examined by a doctor. He paused a bit before answering.

"Ah, you know, there's always bumps and bruises. I'll be ready for the Super Bowl," Brady said, when asked point-blank if he had a leg injury. "I'm not worried about that. I'm not missing this one. I'd have to be on a stretcher to miss this one. There will be treatment this week. In games like this, you get a little nicked up. It's nothing serious."

Brady had an uncharacteristically rough game, throwing three interceptions for the first time this season. Despite throwing a pair of touchdown passes, he seemed a bit off all game. Many of Brady's throws weren't on target, with receivers such as Kevin Faulk [stats] having to dive or reach backward for the ball.

That's not Brady.

Some of his problems might have been due to the windy conditions, while the Chargers also may have accounted for some of Brady's uncharacteristic ineffectiveness.

The foot problem, however, adds a new wrinkle, something that is going to cause much worry and concern in the coming week and beyond.

While Brady does have time to recover, the idea of him being hampered or hindered in any way with his foot or leg is disconcerting given the upcoming opponent in the Super Bowl.

If he can't push off that right (plant) foot, he can't get zip on the ball. A closer look at Sunday's game footage shows Brady at times appeared to be throwing off one foot, or not getting the proper help from his plant foot.

Moreover, the Giants have one of the better pass rushes in the NFL. If Brady is having trouble with his mobility, that could loom as an even larger problem, especially against an opponent that gave the Patriots one of their toughest games of the year to date.

During the Patriots' 38-35 win in the final regular-season game Dec. 29, while Brady was sacked only once, he was constantly pressured and harried by Giants defensive linemen Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck.

grin.gif
eh, doesn't seem like anything serious. but we shall see.

prob a trick by BB... try to get people thinking brady's hurt

i mean, he has listed brady listed as Probably for every game since like '03...
smh.gif

Pats will win, warm weather= TD bombs all day The Giants are due for a bad game, seriously. Manning is certainly due for one. He threw 20 interceptions and hadthe second worst completion percentage in the league. No one can make such a rapid transformation that quickly; any statistician would treat his last fourgames as statistical outliers. Expect to see regression to his mean level of performance people. Plus the Giants secondary is WAY too pedestrian to deal withthe Pats' passing game. Look for the game to be close up until halftime, and then following the appropriate adjustments by the Pats expect their offense totake over in the third and fourth quarter. 34-21 Patriots. Tom Brady 3TD, 0 INT Maroney 1 rush TD, 100 yards Gostowski 2 FG Moss, Welker, Gaffney- 1 rec TDeach Manning 2 TD 1 Int Burress, Toomer- 1 rec TD each Jacobs- 1 rush TD

Too bad thats all he'll be pointing at on Feb 4th...a bare and ringless finger. Nah that was funny tho, just saw it on SC

i wouldn;t worry about brady...is rivers can play on 2 busted knees and play decent, brady can play on an injured foot and play better.... the pats are toofocussed to let this derail the season..... every time they've hit a road bump, someone steps up and wills the team to victory. this week, it was thedefence and faulk and maroney.

I have a feeling that Eli will have the worst QB performance in the history of the Super Bowl histoy.

But that's just me.

choke_full.gif

Originally Posted by houser34

I have a feeling that Eli will have the worst QB performance in the history of the Super Bowl histoy.

But that's just me.

choke_full.gif

agreed. The real Eli Manning will stand up.

why is everyone so obsessed with what brady is doing in pictures?
It's just funny that Brady is wearing a Yankees hat. Especially in light of the Sawx meatheads that were starting Red Sox chants during anearly season Pats game, as if Brady gives a %!!$ what the Sox (or any baseball team for that matter) do.

Back
Top Bottom