Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

I seriously hate both teams being a Cowboys fan, but I hate the Pats more. I know weird. I have to say that NY will give them a run for their money just likethey did earlier in the season.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

I probably wont even watch the game

laugh.gif
bitter cowboy fan

It's so interesting seeing NYG fans with this swagger now.

laugh.gif

Y'all are in the Super Bowl, true... but damn, the turnaround is comical.

I live sports, and I spend waaay too much time on NT, so I remember when y'all were complaining about the season and your QB, and now all of a sudden,y'all act bad as hell.

I'm no Patriots fan and I'm no Giants hater, or Eli hater, or Brady fan, or anything that would make me biased one way or the other.

This is just the opinion of someone who doesn't give a hot crap about either team or any of the players on either team.

You guys just have this swagger all of sudden, like "Yeah, shut the hell up. Where's your team? Oh that's right, they're watching our teamplay in the Super Bowl."
laugh.gif

I hear people complaining about Patriots fans being annoyingly cocky, but you guys are putting up a good challenge in trying to take that crown.
nerd.gif

"Enh, more hate. I love it."

This ain't hate, man. Just an observation.

^you wanna know why? we get killed by the media week in and week out. "the giants have no chance". "the giants wont make the playoffs"."the giants [insert anything else that they said to downplay our team]."

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

It's so interesting seeing NYG fans with this swagger now.

laugh.gif

Y'all are in the Super Bowl, true... but damn, the turnaround is comical.

I live sports, and I spend waaay too much time on NT, so I remember when y'all were complaining about the season and your QB, and now all of a sudden, y'all act bad as hell.

I'm no Patriots fan and I'm no Giants hater, or Eli hater, or Brady fan, or anything that would make me biased one way or the other.

This is just the opinion of someone who doesn't give a hot crap about either team or any of the players on either team.

You guys just have this swagger all of sudden, like "Yeah, shut the hell up. Where's your team? Oh that's right, they're watching our team play in the Super Bowl."
laugh.gif

I hear people complaining about Patriots fans being annoyingly cocky, but you guys are putting up a good challenge in trying to take that crown.
nerd.gif

"Enh, more hate. I love it."

This ain't hate, man. Just an observation.

NY fanbase is EXTREMELY fickle...in all sports. Whether it's Eli or Arod, people are always hopping on and off their jocks. There are def some in herethat have bled Giant blue all year long, but just like with any red hot team, the bandwagoners come out in times like these. And before people get defensive,notice how i said "like with any red hot team"...Patriots included.

^ I mean, I definitely know about being a fan of an underdog team trying to win it all (see: 2002 Anaheim Angels), but I don't remember that negativity andcriticism resulting in myself and all of my fellow fans being like, "Yeah! Eff y'all! Suck it! We're in the World Series, punks! And we'regoing to win it all because you doubted us! The power of your doubts will lead us to victory! YEEEAAHH!!"

I think we deserve the right to be a bit cocky (although I don't see it as being as bad as you're saying).

No one expected us to beat the Bucs... we won that game.

No one expected us to beat the Cowboys... again we shocked the sports world.

Maybe we'd get some respect after that right? Nope.

Everyone chose the Packers. Then we won that game too, and we've still got people acting as if the Giants don't deserve to be there.

Everyone's got some trash to talk about the Giants right... well then, where's your favorite team (not directed at anyone in particular)?

We kept our mouths shut all season and let everyone pretend the Giants had no chance. Well, now is when we let it out.

^ I mean, I definitely know about being a fan of an underdog team trying to win it all (see: 2002 Anaheim Angels), but I don't remember that negativity and criticism resulting in myself and all of my fellow fans being like, "Yeah! Eff y'all! Suck it! We're in the World Series, punks! And we're going to win it all because you doubted us! The power of your doubts will lead us to victory! YEEEAAHH!!"

well you do know, our Knicks/Yankees/Mets etc have not been too hot either. I guess you can say this city and its fans are exuberant to say the least.
laugh.gif

Again, I don't see it as being as bad as you're making it out to be Ska.

All I've seen thus far (save for some bandwagoners talking empty smack) is the guys that have been here all yeah sticking up for their team serving all thenay-sayers some crow with a side of humble pie.

No harm in that.

As a five seed, are y'all really surprised to have been the underdog going up against the 1 and 2 seed in your conference? lets be real.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

^ I mean, I definitely know about being a fan of an underdog team trying to win it all (see: 2002 Anaheim Angels), but I don't remember that negativity and criticism resulting in myself and all of my fellow fans being like, "Yeah! Eff y'all! Suck it! We're in the World Series, punks! And we're going to win it all because you doubted us! The power of your doubts will lead us to victory! YEEEAAHH!!"

well you do know, our Knicks/Yankees/Mets etc have not been too hot either. I guess you can say this city and its fans are exuberant to say the least.
laugh.gif

stry_full_st_pumaclyde_ft.jpg

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Has anyone else seen Strahan commercial for the Pepsi halftime show? His song and dance at the end =
eek.gif
x
sick.gif
x
laugh.gif

I've been searching and can't find a link.
nerd.gif
The commercial is inrotation on VH1 if anyone hasn't seen it.

I didn't mean to make it sound like you guys are doing anything wrong, so my fault for making it sound like that.

I'm saying, very few Giants fans believed (err... bELIeved) in this team getting to the Super Bowl, and now a majority of you guys are acting like you knewthis would be the case all along.

Hey, trust me, I can't help but feel your joy, so far be it from me to knock you. I was just commenting on the quick turnaround, but I guess winning willdo that, right? Especially winning 10 consecutive road games en route to the Bowl, AND beating 3 previous Super Bowl winners in the playoffs (the FIRST team toever do that on their playoff path t the Super Bowl).
HTTB:
No one expected us to beat the Bucs... we won that game.

No one expected us to beat the Cowboys... again we shocked the sports world.

Maybe we'd get some respect after that right? Nope.

Everyone chose the Packers.
Yankees... then the Twins... then the Giants. Not one time were we expected to even compete, and in all 3 series, the doubt was even heavier afterwe lost the first game... every time.

Like I said, though, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was hating, so let me stop.

Good luck to y'all.
smile.gif

I'm saying, very few Giants fans believed (err... bELIeved) in this team getting to the Super Bowl, and now a majority of you guys are acting like you knew this would be the case all along.

You couldn't be more wrong with that statement. Nobody, not even a die hard Giants fan, could haveseen this coming the way the season has panned out. I stated at the start of the year that the Giants play their best when they are EXPECTED to do nothing, andso far that has held true. I don't see any cockiness or anything, and to put a Giants fan on the same level as some of the Cowboys/Pats fan throughout theENTIRE YEAR is reaching. All you have to do is look at the Dallas/Giants game thread two weeks ago.

All I've seen thus far (save for some bandwagoners talking empty smack) is the guys that have been here all yeah sticking up for their team serving all the nay-sayers some crow with a side of humble pie.

No harm in that.

Exactly.

^ I didn't say y'all ere on the same level as Pats/'Boys fans THROUGHOUT THE SEASON.

I'm saying RIGHT NOW.

And actually, one of those two teams (Pats) IS in the Bowl, but I can't even think of a Pats' fans gassed up right now (J RAIN doesn't count,'cause he ain't right).

Back
Top Bottom