Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Anyone know why Plax and Shockey weren't at the parade?

Plax was, he was in the red jersey. You're probably saying that because his name wasn't announced. I was upset because I wanted to give him a bigcheer but the guy announcing the names kind of skipped him.
I think Shockey was there but his name wasn't announced. Can someone tell me why Whoopi Goldberg was there?
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

^Thats probably only Jersey. Everyone else was in Manhattan.

But i read Plex was getting treatment because hes really banged up, and Shockey is still on crouches.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

http://www.nfl.com/videos

click on, sounds of the game...

michael strahan talkin to the O-Line before they get on the field for the last drive...

"17-14 is the final, okay?... one touchdown and we are world champions... believe it, and it will happen..."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Man, the NFL does such a great job getting us inside the game. Amazing footage.

laugh.gif
@ people still saying that the NYGs and Eli still suck.

If they suck, so be it. What does that make the other 31 teams?

I'll give the Giants credit they did something that plenty of other teams couldn't (which is beat the Patriots). Our biggest division rivals just wonthe Super Bowl, what exactly do you expect me/other people to say? Congratulations? Did we get a "congrats" the two previous times we beat theGiants? No, we heard the same thing your hearing now. Giants still suck! Personally, I'm just trying to rain on people's parade.

Since when do people offer congrats during the regular season, in ANY SPORT?
laugh.gif

Hate all you want, but right now Eli > Romo because he has a ring and did something Romo has yet to do, and that's step up in the playoffs.

But back to the topic at hand, nice sounds of the game footage.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Hate all you want, but right now Eli > Romo because he has a ring and did something Romo has yet to do, and that's step up in the playoffs.
I'll give you that, BUT only because he has a Super Bowl ring. If you want to go by stats Romo is clearly better even though he's playedclose to two seasons less than Eli.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

that's it??????????!! ^^^^^^^ that's the only pic you took?
Nah, i took more. i just didnt have the time to resize all of em & upload em.

people dont realize that the parade & the stadium are in 2 different states. even though they're only like 20 minutes away from each other, not everyNYer could (or wants to, for that matter) drive to jersey.

EDIT: BTW, Mez, where did you find the image to your avy? i cant find a full-size image of it

Of course, but I never judge a QB based solely on stats, otherwise Marino is the greatest to ever live which I do NOT agree with.

I judge a quarterback based on his ability to drive his team down the field when needed (especially during pressure situations), his ability to take care of ofthe football, and their decision making/accuracy. While Eli struggled during the regular season, these playoffs (and week 16) was basically his coming outparty.

The quote I live by is "The position is called quarterback, not passer".

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

I'll give you that, BUT only because he has a Super Bowl ring. If you want to go by stats Romo is clearly better even though he's played close to two seasons less than Eli.

Romo is not clearly better, you're truly *#%%@!@ delusional.

Of course, but I never judge a QB based solely on stats, otherwise Marino is the greatest to ever live which I do NOT agree with.

I judge a quarterback based on his ability to drive his team down the field when needed (especially during pressure situations), his ability to take care of of the football, and their decision making/accuracy. While Eli struggled during the regular season, these playoffs (and week 16) was basically his coming out party.

The quote I live by is "The position is called quarterback, not passer".

Marino is one of the greatest to ever live. Romo drove his team down inside the 30 before his offensive line collapsed and he was forced to throw aninsignificant interception on the last play of the game. In the past 2 seasons Eli has thrown more INTs, had a lower completion percentage, and a lower QBrating than Romo. With all that being said I'll repeat myself, Eli is considered better than Romo ONLY because he has a ring. Before Feb. 3rd I doubtmany people would take Eli over Romo. The Cowboys are currently having the same kind of problems that the Giants had in recent years, but their franchise isat a level where they are expected to win a Super Bowl every year. Your forgetting that the Cowboys went 13-4 with a 1st year coach. If it wasn't for thePatriots amazing season everyone would have been talking about the Cowboys amazing season. I'm not trying to get into an argument about how the Cowboysare better than the Giants because as of right now they're not (the Giants are Super Bowl Champions). I just don't like how everyone has knighted Elithe chosen one when a few weeks ago he was the goat. To be honest, I think that the defense won the game for the Giants Eli just didn't lose it like hehas done in the past.

laugh.gif
@"Eli just didn't lose it".

The defense did win the game for us, but Eli Manning also marched 83 yards to score a game winning touchdown.

Eli went from goat to G.O.A.T. in 2 minutes.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

I'll give you that, BUT only because he has a Super Bowl ring. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]If you want to go by stats[/color] Romo is clearly better even though he's played close to two seasons less than Eli.

Romo is not clearly better, you're truly *#%%@!@ delusional.

I'm pretty sure that I said "if you want to go by stats" he is clearly better, because he is. I'm also pretty sure that I agreed withMez on Eli being better than Romo, but only because he has a Super Bowl Ring. Judging a quarterback is a very hard thing to do, because it cannot only be doneby looking at stats you also have to judge the "IT" factor (which regretfully Romo has not seemed to develop yet). It has taken Eli 4 seasons todevelop the "IT" factor, Romo has only been in the league for 3 and only a starting quarterback for 1.5.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

laugh.gif
@"Eli just didn't lost it".

The defense did win the game for us, but Eli Manning also marched 83 yards to score a game winning touchdown.

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Not even close. Eli marched down the field with A LOT of help fromDavid Tyree who made one of the greatest catches in NFL history.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

laugh.gif
@"Eli just didn't lost it".

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Not even close. Eli marched down the field with A LOT of help from David Tyree who made one of the greatest catches in NFL history.

eyes.gif
Don't act like Eli had nothing to do with that finallydrive.

This post has quickly become 1 Cowboy fan vs. the entire NT population of Giants fans so I am going to bow out gracefully before I or someone else gets banned. I leave you with this

...GIANTS SUCK...have a nice day
happy.gif
!

Next time don't come into a Giants thread spewing out hatred to the Giants after they spanked your team in the playoffs, en route to one of the greatestupsets in Super Bowl history and expect us not to respond all at once.

Yo I like all the NY teams, and I'm more than happy that the Giant's pulled this off.

Before the Super Bowl started I'm not going to lie I didn't think the Giant's would win, but I had a feeling that they would pull off a upset andstun the world.

But, today I talked to my co-worker, who's also a Giant's fan, and he had a thought that it would have been great to see the Patriots make history andsay you were alive to see it because that isn't something that is gonna happen for a long long time...maybe if ever again.

He had me second guessing my joy for the Giant's winning, but I am still happy they won.

Being a New Yorker aside and biases to rest for a few would you have rather seen the Patriots make history and say you watched it or leave things the way theare?

Discus.

Back
Top Bottom