SUPER BOWL LVIII: congrats KC!!!!!!!!!!

Winner?

• 49ers

• Chiefs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would Niners been better off deferring in OT or nah? I get wanting to set the tone offensively, but I would like to know if I have to go for td or not. Different game plan when it you have all four downs to play call.
Prob would not matter given how Pat was marching down in crunch time
Hindsight is 20/20.

Given the kicking situation maybe not even though he smoked two 50+ yarders.

I think letting it go to OT at all was the biggest misstep.

I mean under the new rules it’s definitely advantageous to have the second possession so you can see what the other team does on their possession. Can then gameplan accordingly if you know you have all 4 downs to use.

Swizz definitely smashing her with no mercy after this

Screenshot_20240212-142051_Chrome~2.jpg

Y’all do realize that Alicia was a homewrecker too…? Swizz was married when they got together :lol: :lol:

Hindsight is 20/20.

Given the kicking situation maybe not even though he smoked two 50+ yarders.

I think letting it go to OT at all was the biggest misstep.

Not going for it on 4th and 2 when a 1st down all but essentially assures you Mahomes doesn’t get the ball back is going to drive me nuts until they finish the job. Even if you don’t convert, they get the ball back and win in regulation. There’s no regrets. You gotta go for the kill when 15 is opposing team qb.

I don’t care if it’s the 85 bears or 2000 ravens. Guys like Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady have that killer instinct and thrive in those big game moments. Hell Brady did it in the Super Bowl late against the elite legion of boom Seahawks defense trailing in the 4th quarter. If the other teams qb is named Jared Goff or Dak Prescott. Then by all means take the field goal, trust your defense and make them drive down the field to tie it up while relying on your defense in overtime even if they do. You can’t do that with Mahomes no matter how much success you’ve had against him throughout the game prior to that.

Man’s was more worried about the 3rd possession. How about worry about the current possession. :smh:

Mahomes confirmed they were going for 2 if the 9ers scored a TD in overtime

Makes sense

Mahomes confirmed they were going for 2 if the 9ers scored a TD in overtime

Makes sense
I wonder what play they would’ve ran but I’m pretty sure it would’ve been the play they got the winning TD on. Would’ve saved that for the 2 point conversion instead

They might’ve deferred if they knew. To my understanding there’s no large tactical advantage to going first in OT under the new rules because there is no way you can end the game on the first drive anymore.
I feel it. Romo said on the broadcast that they probably deferred to give their defense a break because they were just on the field and that was my interpretation of why they received and it was strategic.

Regardless, if players didnt know the rule (in particular Fred Warner since he called the coin flip) then that’s on Shanahan. I just assume Shanahan told Fred that he wanted to receive if they won the flip.

Last edited:
Yeah as soon as they chose to recieve I was confused because it makes no sense. See what they do and you can adjust your gameplan accordingly. I honestly think the players had to have been confused on the new rule and probably tired and not thinking

Been through the ringer so much being a Sixers/Falcons fan :smh: no idea how I haven't been checked in to an institution yet :smh:

Yeah as soon as they chose to recieve I was confused because it makes no sense. See what they do and you can adjust your gameplan accordingly. I honestly think the players had to have been confused on the new rule and probably tired and not thinking
If they really didn’t know about the rule I am truly disgusted.

Really pays to be in those spots before.

Mahomes looked like he was playing a week 3 game. Calm as hell.

Back
Top Bottom