Sunday Night Football: Philadelphia Eagles@San Francisco 49ers

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Jeez. Just an observation. "Out of his mind" usually means a player performed beyond his normal self.

I'm pretty sure Sing scared the %#@+ out of him and he just played balls to the wall (there's another phrase for you!). He literally was in a do or die (another!) situation. Now if he can play with that type of urgency/decisiveness all game, maybe just maybe...
Well, like someone said he doesn't have that killer instinct.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

bijald0331 wrote:Sports & Training
Jeez. Just an observation. "Out of his mind" usually means a player performed beyond his normal self.

I'm pretty sure Sing scared the %#@+ out of him and he just played balls to the wall (there's another phrase for you!). He literally was in a do or die (another!) situation. Now if he can play with that type of urgency/decisiveness all game, maybe just maybe...

Heard this in last years game vs the Colts,  then again in the game vs theSaints.

I heard that as well. I say start Smith one more game. He fails/we lose we cut him.

Yea, I haven't been watching ever 9er game so take my analysis with a grain of salt. Still don't understand how yall lost to SEA 31-6. Only inexcusable performance of the season. Chiefs are pretty good.

On the bright side, yall have 6 straight favorable games before GB and have 5 divisional games left. Still a shot.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

bijald0331 wrote:Sports & Training

Heard this in last years game vs the Colts,  then again in the game vs theSaints.
I heard that as well. I say start Smith one more game. He fails/we lose we cut him.
literally.
laugh.gif

Oh and if I hear that 49er infomercial where Singy says "I want winners" or you got to "Show me not tell me" I'm gunna lose it.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

What happens to Smith now?

I say the Niners will ride with him for the season.  Singletary has no choice but to stand by Alex due to the fact they didn't attempt to go after McNabb or draft a QB for that matter.  After the season, if they end up with a record of something like 7-9 and miss the playoffs, then they need a new regime to run things.   New coach, new QB, new coordinators; just start from scratch. 

I hope sing doesnt loose his job............I really REALLY hope they make every change BUT the head coach.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

I say the Niners will ride with him for the season.  Singletary has no choice but to stand by Alex due to the fact they didn't attempt to go after McNabb or draft a QB for that matter.  After the season, if they end up with a record of something like 7-9 and miss the playoffs, then they need a new regime to run things.   New coach, new QB, new coordinators; just start from scratch. 

7-9 is entirely too much to expect right now. I'd honestly be happier if they bomb out for the rest of the season and draft Luck or another top QB with the 1st pick. Because they're obviously not winning anything this year.

And I think they need to keep Singletary for at least 1 more year. We all see how Oakland's been performing with the coaching changes every other year, I dont want to see the 9ers fall into that trap.

At the end of the day you have to ask your self is there Talent on this team on offense or defense. My answer is yes. Do some areas lack more than others of course. If you can answer yes than clearly change with the coaching staff need to be made...

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

7-9 is entirely too much to expect right now. I'd honestly be happier if they bomb out for the rest of the season and draft Luck or another top QB with the 1st pick. Because they're obviously not winning anything this year.

And I think they need to keep Singletary for at least 1 more year. We all see how Oakland's been performing with the coaching changes every other year, I dont want to see the 9ers fall into that trap.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wholeheartedly disagree with this.  We need a coach who knows a little something about coaching.  Give me John Gruden next year.   Enough of these rookie/inexperienced coaches.  Hell, throw 10 million a year at Bill Cowher and try to get him out here.  Im sick of this same crap year after year.

The 49ers have talent.  I will argue with anyone who says we dont.  I know we are a really bad team.  But we have enough good-great players that we should be much better than we are.  To me, that falls on coaching.  Period.  

I have thoughts on the game tonight, but Im too pissed to talk about it. 

Gruden? Cower? The 9ers wouldnt get either of them, nor anyone else on their level. But I'd instantly welcome them to the staff over Mike
laugh.gif

Why wouldnt we be able to get Gruden or anyone on his level? Despite futility of the last decade, the 49ers are still one of the elite franchises in football.

Once Sing got in the face of Alex, he looked like a different player. But some blame has to go to the oline. Its like every play in the 4th quarter i saw an eagle player in the back field on smith. Where's the blocking??? That's why its one of many reasons alex struggles, he is not comfortable dropping back to pass.

0-5 Damn I'm going to hear it from the coworkers. . .

I dont see Gruden coming out of his cushy retirement job to scream some more.

I dunno, I'm sure the 9ers could land someone good. Like you said, this is one of the great franchises in NFL history. But I just dont know who. And I still believe that Singletary needs another year. 2 years isnt enough for anyone to do ANYTHING. If, after 3, the team hasnt improved, then yeah I'll be right there with a pitchfork and torch ready to storm the building and take him down from his post, right next to you. I mean really, what's one more season gonna hurt?

NT23 how's smith looking now? you were constantly defending him for as long as i can remember

NT23 how's smith looking now? you were constantly defending him for as long as i can remember

If we can get a Gruden or Cowher, we gotta cut ties ASAP. If that isn't possible, and there really aren't any other choices, I'd be alright with going with Singletary at least one more year (assuming we don't make the playoffs this year)

The team has more problems than the QB position. There's talent all over the field that looks good on paper, but we just can't put it together for the whole game. A QB change and we could have an attitude change on the football team but let's be honest, David Carr or Nate Davis? They should consider that only if we fall to 0-8 or something, then there's nothing to lose. I mean, the season isn't completely lost, we have to ride with Alex and just hope he can be more consistent, and the rest of the team can be more consistent too (o-line, special teams, etc.).

If only Brooks Conrad played for the Eagles.

Originally Posted by Noskey

I dont see Gruden coming out of his cushy retirement job to scream some more.

I dunno, I'm sure the 9ers could land someone good. Like you said, this is one of the great franchises in NFL history. But I just dont know who. And I still believe that Singletary needs another year. 2 years isnt enough for anyone to do ANYTHING. If, after 3, the team hasnt improved, then yeah I'll be right there with a pitchfork and torch ready to storm the building and take him down from his post, right next to you. I mean really, what's one more season gonna hurt?
whats the point of waiting another season under singletary when you alrdy know what he brings to the table? Which isn't saying much b/c he should not be a headcoach. plain and simple.
Singletary brings nothing besides a motivational speech here and there.  He's stuck in the past where he believes running up the middle 70% of the time will eventually break the other team.  In his press conferences, he's clueless as to what the hell happened during the game.  His go to line during the PC is "not sure, have to look at the game tape"

Why the hell would you want to give sing another year? what has he shown that makes YOU feel he deserves another year? c'mon man.

Originally Posted by 5288

Why don't you read back at the last few game threads to see what I've said about him..

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I hope sing doesnt loose his job............I really REALLY hope they make every change BUT the head coach.
reason being?
Because HE isnt the problem and shouldnt be blamed for the losses.......Alex`s INT`s......Gore`s fumbles.  THIS is why we are loosing.
Look what he did with Alex.......Sing is the guy for the job........we just need smarter players that have some balls..........THIS UNIT HAS NO MAAABOS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (major league reference)

Alex isnt his draft pick....but who else knows the quarterback coach`s plays?

the way they change OC`s is ridiculous....

Back
Top Bottom