Sunday Night Football: Philadelphia Eagles@San Francisco 49ers

things that let us down:

- offensive playcalling the entire first half
- gore
- nedney
- alex smith (that's assumed every game)
- secondary during the first half (Charmin)

positives:

-crabcakes starting to show up more and more
-VD is still a beast and last season was not a fluke
-Ginn's KO returns/speed
-things looking sour between singletary and smith (goodness, i hope this partnership between the two ends and sing puts in someone else)

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Once again, i still think the Niners will make the playoffs....
In that division they play in it isn't really THAT crazy to imagine that

Yeah it is. You've got to win 9-10 games to make the playoffs.

Teams that go 0-5 aren't good enough to go 9-2 or 10-1 the rest of the way.

We can make the playoffs, but it'll take a complete 180 degree turnaround...but it's been the same way forever so I won't be crossing my fingers. Smith needs to go by the end of the season (or take the back seat and be the backup) and we absolutely have to bring in someone else (Kolb or Vick, whoever the Eagles don't want maybe) or get someone like Andrew Luck.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

you can't make the playoffs going 0-16
You guys aren't though.

Look who you guys are up against...Rams Seachawks Cards

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/17[/td] [td]Oakland Raiders Oakland [/td] [td]4:05 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/24[/td] [td]Carolina Panthers at Carolina [/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/31[/td] [td]Denver Broncos Denver [/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bye[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/14[/td] [td]St. Louis Rams St. Louis [/td] [td]4:15 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/21[/td] [td]Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay [/td] [td]4:05 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mon 11/29[/td] [td]Arizona Cardinals at Arizona [/td] [td]8:30 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/5[/td] [td]Green Bay Packers at Green Bay [/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/12[/td] [td]Seattle Seahawks Seattle [/td] [td]4:05 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Thu 12/16[/td] [td]San Diego Chargers at San Diego [/td] [td]8:20 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/26[/td] [td]St. Louis Rams at St. Louis [/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 1/2[/td] [td]Arizona Cardinals Arizona [/td] [td]4:15 pm[/td][/tr][/table]
Beat the Raiders next week. Panthers suck. Bucs suck. Arizona is a weird squad, but i think yall can beat em at least once. You face Rams twice...that's two wins. Beat Seattle at home.

You're 8-8....now you have to rely on the Cardinals (very inconsistent) and the Seahawks (who only play well at home), you already know my Rams aren't going anywhere right now.

p.s. Don't forget the rest of the NFC west has to play the same teams (Chiefs, Saints, Eagles, etc.)

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by airblaster503

In that division they play in it isn't really THAT crazy to imagine that

Yeah it is. You've got to win 9-10 games to make the playoffs.

Teams that go 0-5 aren't good enough to go 9-2 or 10-1 the rest of the way.
Crazier things have happened.

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

At least this loss is not all on Alex. Gore had two crucial fumbles that just killed the momentum and Nedney's missed field goal proved to be the difference.

What about that bonehead fumble that was returned for a TD?

Smith contributed to this loss just like he's done with very loss since he was drafted.

Which is why I said "at least".  He led the team back for a potential win but it wasn't enough down the stretch.  You gotta give it up to him to have the entire stadium booing you and he comes back throwing two td's in consecutive drives. 

Originally Posted by What up

At least this loss is not all on Alex. Gore had two crucial fumbles that just killed the momentum and Nedney's missed field goal proved to be the difference.

What about that bonehead fumble that was returned for a TD?

Smith contributed to this loss just like he's done with very loss since he was drafted.

Which is why I said "at least".  He led the team back for a potential win but it wasn't enough down the stretch.  You gotta give it up to him to have the entire stadium booing you and he comes back throwing two td's in consecutive drives. 

Yay, I'm so happy that Alex goes home tonight with a little confidence only to %@%@ up next week.  Really though, because of his mistakes, he needed td's on THREE consecutive drives.  He digs his own graves.

Hey, the Broncos started 6-0 and ended 8-8
 titansstarted 0-6 and ended 8-8
Never know

nah, Go Jets 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

you can't make the playoffs going 0-16
You guys aren't though.

Look who you guys are up against...Rams Seachawks Cards

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/17[/td] [td]Oakland Raiders Oakland [/td] [td]4:05 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/24[/td] [td]Carolina Panthers at Carolina [/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/31[/td] [td]Denver Broncos Denver [/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bye[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/14[/td] [td]St. Louis Rams St. Louis [/td] [td]4:15 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/21[/td] [td]Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay [/td] [td]4:05 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mon 11/29[/td] [td]Arizona Cardinals at Arizona [/td] [td]8:30 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/5[/td] [td]Green Bay Packers at Green Bay [/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/12[/td] [td]Seattle Seahawks Seattle [/td] [td]4:05 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Thu 12/16[/td] [td]San Diego Chargers at San Diego [/td] [td]8:20 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/26[/td] [td]St. Louis Rams at St. Louis [/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun 1/2[/td] [td]Arizona Cardinals Arizona [/td] [td]4:15 pm[/td][/tr][/table]
Beat the Raiders next week. Panthers suck. Bucs suck. Arizona is a weird squad, but i think yall can beat em at least once. You face Rams twice...that's two wins. Beat Seattle at home.

You're 8-8....now you have to rely on the Cardinals (very inconsistent) and the Seahawks (who only play well at home), you already know my Rams aren't going anywhere right now.

p.s. Don't forget the rest of the NFC west has to play the same teams (Chiefs, Saints, Eagles, etc.)
They have 3 more wins than we do.

Alex Smith played out of his mind those last 3 drives sans for that pick which I blame more on the O-line.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Alex Smith played out of his mind those last 3 drives sans for that pick which I blame more on the O-line.
What did he do the earlier 3 QUARTERS?

Every game Alex Smith starts is the same, opening drive is good to great then he sucks until the game is almost out of reach!

Holla at me when he plays like that for whole damn game.

Agreed. Im rootin for him to prove everyone wrong.. but ... yeah... 
tired.gif

I feel bad for Mike too...

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

What did he do the earlier 3 QUARTERS?

Every game Alex Smith starts is the same, opening drive is good to great then he sucks until the game is almost out of reach!

Holla at me when he plays like that for whole damn game.
This.
Is Alex smith the only reason we lost the game? No but he didn't do anything to help us win it until Singy got in that $#!

I understand Sing wants this running game to be the focal offense, but the o-line isn't gonna help Gore any even if he's on his game. They gotta stop trying to push the run and then only throw when they have to. It worked on the first drive, but the next two or three were the same run, run, pass and punt @+!%%%*%. Then they realized the run wasn't doing anything and then only tried to pass. Gotta change it up and get more creative. They're going nowhere so they have nothing to lose by taking chances. Might as well try to find something that works instead of being stubborn and sticking with the same $%!@ every time.

Jeez. Just an observation. "Out of his mind" usually means a player performed beyond his normal self.

I'm pretty sure Sing scared the %#@+ out of him and he just played balls to the wall (there's another phrase for you!). He literally was in a do or die (another!) situation. Now if he can play with that type of urgency/decisiveness all game, maybe just maybe...

bijald0331 wrote:../../forums/15
Jeez. Just an observation. "Out of his mind" usually means a player performed beyond his normal self.

I'm pretty sure Sing scared the %#@+ out of him and he just played balls to the wall (there's another phrase for you!). He literally was in a do or die (another!) situation. Now if he can play with that type of urgency/decisiveness all game, maybe just maybe...

Heard this in last years game vs the Colts,  then again in the game vs theSaints.

Feel sorry for the Niners. They seem good enough but just keep coming up short. I was really hoping for the Eagles to lose.

Back
Top Bottom