Summer 2011 BBQ Recipe/Set-up Thread

bkmac

Banned
With the good weather approaching, BBQ's will be put to use. I've already started to grill here and there, and I know when the warm weather is here to stay, I will be constantly grilling for lunch and dinner.

Let's use this thread for the rest of spring/approaching summer to compile recipes to make on our grills (foods, seasonings, sauces, etc).
You may also want to include what music to play, what drinks to have, what drinking (beer) games to play, etc, because I know damn well everyone appreciates a good BBQ: the food, and the time just chilling out with your friends and fam
pimp.gif

With the good weather approaching, BBQ's will be put to use. I've already started to grill here and there, and I know when the warm weather is here to stay, I will be constantly grilling for lunch and dinner.

Let's use this thread for the rest of spring/approaching summer to compile recipes to make on our grills (foods, seasonings, sauces, etc).
You may also want to include what music to play, what drinks to have, what drinking (beer) games to play, etc, because I know damn well everyone appreciates a good BBQ: the food, and the time just chilling out with your friends and fam
pimp.gif

beer brats

slice up some onions in big circular pieces

grill brats till brown...i cook them a little till i see them turn brown but are still a little under cooked

put onions in a pot

put brats in pot

pour Heineken 24oz or 12 oz depending on how many brats you have...drink remaining heineken

let brats simmer in beer and onions....(onions will turn brown)

toss back on the grill for a bit...enjoy with mustard and onions

BBQ BONELESS PORKCHOP SANDWICH

get boneless porkchops

marinate in zesty italian dressing overnight or few hours before cooking

put on grill

put on bun of choice

sweet baby rays chiplote or regular
pimp.gif

beer brats

slice up some onions in big circular pieces

grill brats till brown...i cook them a little till i see them turn brown but are still a little under cooked

put onions in a pot

put brats in pot

pour Heineken 24oz or 12 oz depending on how many brats you have...drink remaining heineken

let brats simmer in beer and onions....(onions will turn brown)

toss back on the grill for a bit...enjoy with mustard and onions

BBQ BONELESS PORKCHOP SANDWICH

get boneless porkchops

marinate in zesty italian dressing overnight or few hours before cooking

put on grill

put on bun of choice

sweet baby rays chiplote or regular
pimp.gif

For the C's game yesterday marinated some flank steak, chicken thighs and pork with orange juice, vinegar, lime juice and halved habanero peppers. Did this on Saturday morning so it would get a solid 24 hours and %%$! came out delicious.

On the side burner of the grill, reduced down the marinade into a syrup consistency and basted the meat (nh) while grilling.

Sliced and diced all this delcious product up and then made some soft shell tacos w/homemade guacamole, habanero & mango salsa, queso fresco and put myself in a food coma for the game.

For the C's game yesterday marinated some flank steak, chicken thighs and pork with orange juice, vinegar, lime juice and halved habanero peppers. Did this on Saturday morning so it would get a solid 24 hours and %%$! came out delicious.

On the side burner of the grill, reduced down the marinade into a syrup consistency and basted the meat (nh) while grilling.

Sliced and diced all this delcious product up and then made some soft shell tacos w/homemade guacamole, habanero & mango salsa, queso fresco and put myself in a food coma for the game.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

eek.gif
 sounds amazing.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

eek.gif
 sounds amazing.

INGREDIENTS for Porter Steak:

* 1 boneless beef (about 8 oz.)
* 1 bottle Porter (beer)
* 1 tbsp of black currant juice (concentrated)
* 1 tbsp soy
* 10 black peppercorns
* 2 dices meat stock
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 yellow onion
* 1 teaspoon thyme (optional)

SAUCE
8 tbsp of liquid from steak
2-5tsp cream
5 tablespoons flour

1. At first cook black currant juice and porter with meat stock dices in a rather small and narrow sauce pan.
2. Place steak immediately in boiling liquid.
3. Add onion and spices.
4. Simmer covered for approx. 1 ½ hour or until thermometer shows 75 degrees C.
5 Turn the steak around at least once.
6. Allow the steak to rest in the liquid for 20 minutes before cutting it up.

THE SAUCE:
1. Pour off 8 tbp strained liquid in a pan.
2. Mix flour and cream.
3. Cook the strained liquid and slowly add "cream-flour mixture" while stirring.
4. Simmer for a couple of minutes.

Hamburger
- diced white or yellow onions
- A1 Sauce
- Carl's seasoning

Potato flats
- cut them flat
- brush on butter on both sides
- sprinkle garlic salt on both sides
- throw on grill

INGREDIENTS for Porter Steak:

* 1 boneless beef (about 8 oz.)
* 1 bottle Porter (beer)
* 1 tbsp of black currant juice (concentrated)
* 1 tbsp soy
* 10 black peppercorns
* 2 dices meat stock
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 yellow onion
* 1 teaspoon thyme (optional)

SAUCE
8 tbsp of liquid from steak
2-5tsp cream
5 tablespoons flour

1. At first cook black currant juice and porter with meat stock dices in a rather small and narrow sauce pan.
2. Place steak immediately in boiling liquid.
3. Add onion and spices.
4. Simmer covered for approx. 1 ½ hour or until thermometer shows 75 degrees C.
5 Turn the steak around at least once.
6. Allow the steak to rest in the liquid for 20 minutes before cutting it up.

THE SAUCE:
1. Pour off 8 tbp strained liquid in a pan.
2. Mix flour and cream.
3. Cook the strained liquid and slowly add "cream-flour mixture" while stirring.
4. Simmer for a couple of minutes.

Hamburger
- diced white or yellow onions
- A1 Sauce
- Carl's seasoning

Potato flats
- cut them flat
- brush on butter on both sides
- sprinkle garlic salt on both sides
- throw on grill

cant wait to get these BBQs started
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

this is a buffalo sauce i tend to whip up

1 cup Franks Red Hot
1/2 cup Honey (more or less to how sweet you want it)
6tbs unsalted butter
1tbs red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
red pepper flakes for heat

melt the butter and add all that in. grill up some chicken and toss it in the sauce. BANG.

Spoiler [+]
Bobby Flays recipe. i just added the red pepper since Franks isnt hot at all.

Magners%2BOriginal.jpg

anyone else get down with this stuff on ice during the summer? real good wen your looking to mix things up.

Back
Top Bottom