Student Beaten To Death

Originally Posted by 10eazye

^^^^That's not a good thing to do. !+++ the death penalty it's ironic that you would want to have someone be killed because they killed someone else. Two wrongs don't make a right. Wouldn't you want them to rot in jail for the rest of their lives?

You know how much money it takes to keep someone in jail that long? Guess who's paying for it?

I say fry them. I don't want these animals walking around (and they will eventually if they don't get the death penalty).

RIP to the young man
SMH
smh.gif
this is ridiculous
my heart goes out to the family....

My heart hurts for Derrion and his family and friends and I can see that many people on here feel the same way... BUT we really need to stop and think aboutthe way a lot of people on here are dehumanizing the kids who killed Derrion. Ironically, it's probably very similar to the way that they dehumanizedDerrion in order to make taking his life easy. These young people are NOT animals, savages, etc. They are humanbeings with souls who have families.

This country was set up for them to fail, to participate in this kind of behavior just like it was set up for young black men like Derrion to be killed young. Cats need to start looking at how our social institutions create the conditions and climate where these type of events are regular occurrences. This happensby design, not because young black men are animals... dudes need to wake up man...

Yeah, blame everything on the "system". How about the folk that came into this country with nothing and made something out of nothing. Folks need tostop blaming everything on the "system".

Its tough to say someone should have stopped that, but a group of people see that get try to get people to do something. God damn
smh.gif

A fight is fine, if its fair and between 2 people or something. Not someone just getting their *@#+ beat in with no help. Thats how *@#+ like this happens

Originally Posted by scribble253

Yeah, blame everything on the "system". How about the folk that came into this country with nothing and made something out of nothing. Folks need to stop blaming everything on the "system".

how about folks who didnt? i'm not saying its the systems fault but it is something to look at...

Originally Posted by torontoRaptor15

Originally Posted by 10eazye

^^^^That's not a good thing to do. !+++ the death penalty it's ironic that you would want to have someone be killed because they killed someone else. Two wrongs don't make a right. Wouldn't you want them to rot in jail for the rest of their lives?

You know how much money it takes to keep someone in jail that long? Guess who's paying for it?

I say fry them. I don't want these animals walking around (and they will eventually if they don't get the death penalty).

Taxpayers. Yeah but as I said before two wrongs don't make a right. The death penalty is a double edged sword.

eek.gif
im glad they blurred it. plus with the females telling dude to get
frown.gif

makes no sense
smh.gif

ive become numb to killings, because where im from its the type of stuff that happens everyday. but that right there
smh.gif

rip lil man

Yeah, blame everything on the "system". How about the folk that came into this country with nothing and made something out of nothing. Folks need to stop blaming everything on the "system".
laugh.gif
Do you even know what you're referring to when yousay "the system?" Because nothing in your response leads me to believe that you even have an basic knowledge of what the "system" is, muchless how "it" affects people's daily lives and life chances.

Also, care to enlighten us all on who the "folk that came into this country... and made something out of nothing" are?

Originally Posted by red mpls

My heart hurts for Derrion and his family and friends and I can see that many people on here feel the same way... BUT we really need to stop and think about the way a lot of people on here are dehumanizing the kids who killed Derrion. Ironically, it's probably very similar to the way that they dehumanized Derrion in order to make taking his life easy. These young people are NOT animals, savages, etc. They are human beings with souls who have families.

This country was set up for them to fail, to participate in this kind of behavior just like it was set up for young black men like Derrion to be killed young. Cats need to start looking at how our social institutions create the conditions and climate where these type of events are regular occurrences. This happens by design, not because young black men are animals... dudes need to wake up man...

Dont try to defend that. There are more people that were born and grew up in the same situation that turned out perfectly fine

You're an idiot. You will be put on ignore from now on. This statement right here proves that you know nothing about race relations in this country. Soundlike an African immigrant who looks down on American blacks.

First time I've seen the whole video. Poor kid. RIP Derrion
tired.gif

I've seen and heard way too many stories like this. The way technology is changing, hopefully this video will show the foolishness of violence and createsome action to stop it, just like what impact photo journalism did to the Vietnam War. I see Derrion as a martyr to those who stand up against joining gangs.My condolences to his family & friends.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

My heart hurts for Derrion and his family and friends and I can see that many people on here feel the same way... BUT we really need to stop and think about the way a lot of people on here are dehumanizing the kids who killed Derrion. Ironically, it's probably very similar to the way that they dehumanized Derrion in order to make taking his life easy. These young people are NOT animals, savages, etc. They are human beings with souls who have families.

This country was set up for them to fail, to participate in this kind of behavior just like it was set up for young black men like Derrion to be killed young. Cats need to start looking at how our social institutions create the conditions and climate where these type of events are regular occurrences. This happens by design, not because young black men are animals... dudes need to wake up man...

Dont try to defend that. There are more people that were born and grew up in the same situation that turned out perfectly fine
Defend what? I simply pointed out that the young people who are responsible for Derrion's death are just that- people, human beings... whichthey are. I also urged people to think about the way that the circumstances that these young people have been raised in and live in have been deliberately putin place to create the conditions and climate to make incidents like this (more) likely to occur... So again, what exactly am I defending?

Sure there are many people who come from similar circumstances and "turn out perfectly fine" (whatever that means). But those are the ones that arebeating the odds, meaning that the odds are stacked against them. So we need to ask ourselves: What are these odds? What does that exactly mean? And then,much more importantly, we need to ask ourselves and seek out knowledge on what causes these odds. (HINT: It hasvery little to do with simply poor parenting)

Originally Posted by Deuce King

(HINT: It has very little to do with simply poor parenting)

I don't know about that one champ.
That's apparent... "champ"

No doubt, why not blame any and everybody else for their mistake?? I guess those outside forces will have to stand trial with the 4 individuals foundguilty as well.

(HINT: It has very little to do with simply poor parenting)

I don't know about that one champ.
That's apparent... "champ"

No doubt, why not blame any and everybody else for their mistake?? I guess those outside forces will have to stand trial with the 4 individuals found guilty as well.
How am I "blaming" anyone? I never said that those young men shouldn't face the consequences of their behavior. Where are yougetting this from?

You've made it clear that you don't understand the way that larger social institutions, public policy, culturally-pervasive discriminatory beliefs andpractices, etc. influence people's life chances. That's fine. I wish I could view the world in as simple terms as you're apparently able to,where everything boils down to "personal responsibility" and those other "outside forces" don't have any bearing on people'slives...

saw the video a couple days ago. brought back memories. things like this happen all the time in the hood. i remember i was outside a party and some dude gotjumped by trinis. (live in ny-wash heights). heard the dude died later. the dude was jumped just like the video...got hit with a stick...all that. i rememberme and my boys was watching like damn smh. and no one could do anything about it because there was just too many. there was a group keeping everyone away sothat no one interferes with the beatdown. the kid that got jumped in my neighborhood got hit for talking smack. to be honest, this is a good video. it showseveryone who is not from a bad neighborhood what kind of things happen. also shows that stories are not fabricated if they didnt believe them.

Back
Top Bottom