STREET FIGHTER

That makes sense, when playing SFxT I was trying to mix and match characters from Tekken and I just couldn’t.
I grew a strong liking to Brian but it took some time to get his moves down and learn his play style.

Been trying to teach my son how to play fighting games started off with Street Fighter IV.
Surprisingly he’s leaned towards 3rd Strike more which is interesting but also good. I feel 3rd strike had strict inputs also the character play styles were different.
Won’t have those bad habits of learning shortcuts also will have not too many characters are alike in that game outside of Ryu and Ken, also Yun and Yang.

Tekken has a ton of moves per character. It’s all about finding that handful that actually work. The thing about tekken is that you really need to sit down and choose one character to be good at. It’s not like streetfighter where all the characters kind of follow a similar pattern to a certain degree. Every character is completely different from the other with the exception of some clone’ish characters

Been trying to teach my son how to play fighting games started off with Street Fighter IV.
Surprisingly he’s leaned towards 3rd Strike more which is interesting but also good. I feel 3rd strike had strict inputs also the character play styles were different.

of all street fighters...4 is still the hardest for me to learn/play...something about the timing

3rd strike is unbelievable...i wish i wouldve appreciated it more when i was growing up...the parry system and timing make the game so fun

I started off with street fighter 2 as a kid but I used to get MURDERED.
I never got good in fighting games until later in life.
Capcom vs SNK is what got me into them along with 3rd strike. There wasn’t input shortcuts back then if I’m not mistaken. Back then if I parried it was for sure a mistake 😂.

It’s such a dope game for sure.
If I had to pick a favorite. I would have to pick SFIV, that’s the one that got me locked in and I became the best at as well.
There is a skill gap in that game for sure timing and space is everything in SFIV but honestly all fighting games when you think about it.

of all street fighters...4 is still the hardest for me to learn/play...something about the timing

3rd strike is unbelievable...i wish i wouldve appreciated it more when i was growing up...the parry system and timing make the game so fun

I still say that SFV is the hardest game I have ever played in my life.

And the fact I made it to gold with Alex is probably my greatest video game accomplishment:lol:

this is also my first SF though

i felt like street SFV was the most generous when it came to timing/inputs/combos...

i also think SFV has the best trials/training setup of the series...and i find it pretty fun

its by far the game ive spent the most hours on since purchasing a PS4...my favorite street fighter of all time is SF2 Hyper Fighting

Go play SF3/SFIV it’ll change your life.
Man, SFIV Sagat…..😭 man he was scary.
Evil Ryu/Yun in SFIV Arcade Edition. Elena in SFIV man that game was wild.

I still say that SFV is the hardest game I have ever played in my life.

And the fact I made it to gold with Alex is probably my greatest video game accomplishment:lol:

this is also my first SF though

9C3DAA67-0BB3-4B83-892E-02E165596AA2.jpeg

477A41CD-2EAA-457F-99D8-EAB0E6224B75.jpeg

Switched it up, honestly…I just can’t get into 4 like I did w 3rd strike and Super Turbo…I end up playing 5 more often

I guess it's a licensing issue with Marvel. Street Fighter Collection has all the Alpha games.

I already have 3 Capcom collections. Kinda sucks buying stuff with games you already own on them to get the games you don't have.

Back
Top Bottom