STREET FIGHTER

I think it still will be Tekkenized. im sure you're not going to be able to fireball spam, (with side step doesn't seem like you would want to) aside from the haduken (which we've rocket punches and such) he looks like he fights pretty tekkenized. i mean heihachi does the same type of spinning kick. just not as many.

just rewatched the trailer, man I don't even play tekken but I want to if akuma is in it and they do give him chain based combos.

they should've stopped the trailer at 1:08

ddouble, I saw your post on PS thread about MUGEN.
I found my old mugen roster video from nearly a decade ago :lol:
I have a bunch of "illegally shared" characters cus that was one of the major issues back then :lol:

Mugen was one of the best at the time, too bad they stopped working on it
Also no one is messing with SSJ3 Broly

SaltyBets is also still live on Twitch

Shout out to Dj van with the everything vs everything screenpack

Anyone remember ssj4 broly who could turn into ssj5

Op a fu

ddouble, I saw your post on PS thread about MUGEN.
I found my old mugen roster video from nearly a decade ago :lol:
I have a bunch of "illegally shared" characters cus that was one of the major issues back then :lol:

Mugen was one of the best at the time, too bad they stopped working on it
Also no one is messing with SSJ3 Broly

SaltyBets is also still live on Twitch

Good times.

I had the everything vs everything character selection UI too but kept the characters minimal cuz a lof of them were broken and buggy.

What's this about illegally shared characters?

If i could find a good build of mugen ill get it all over again. I think my laptop now is much better than mine in like 2005 haha

WIll the xbox 360 te stick work on the pc version? Is it to late to purchase the pre-order beta for pc and get a code?

What's this about illegally shared characters?

Dudes were stingy with their characters :lol: and got butthurt whenever they were leaked. Other characters had stolen codes so the original creators got mad whenever those were shared as well. That's why you had those crazy Akuma characters with Geese/Regal movesets.

WIll the xbox 360 te stick work on the pc version?

The 360 TE Stick should work with PC, but I know they had issues with the first run of PS3 fightsticks working on PC.

Last edited:
^Don't see it lasting at all after this first tournament run. I was playing third strike all day everyday, but when 4 dropped
it was a complete wash. I remember some local's tried to keep the 3's scene moving but the hype behind 4 and the new
players joining plus new arcade cabs was just to exciting to pass up. Arcade rotation was damn near an hour.

^Don't see it lasting at all after this first tournament run. I was playing third strike all day everyday, but when 4 dropped
it was a complete wash. I remember some local's tried to keep the 3's scene moving but the hype behind 4 and the new
players joining plus new arcade cabs was just to exciting to pass up. Arcade rotation was damn near an hour.

yea but seeing that IV had a big following i think after this year its gonna slowly faze out..

Yeah IV had an amazing run but will be damn near non playable once V drops.

Plus V looks more like 2 in terms of reads and execution. No way you can get accustomed to the learning curve and then go back to FADC for openings. Muscle memory will damn near give you a stroke

SFIV has been confirmed for a few tournaments like CEO so it will still be around and it's on PS4 so it'll be easier to keep alive.

I was only a spectator for SFIV but going all in for SFV. Will be ordering my stick soon.

Plus V looks more like 2 in terms of reads and execution. No way you can get accustomed to the learning curve and then go back to FADC for openings. Muscle memory will damn near give you a stroke

This

I was going to pick up IV on the ps4 but learning some mechanics is like developing bad habits for SFV

[rule]

CYmGHjdWAAEQUbM.png:orig

Last edited:

I feel IV still has a few years of life left, ultra just dropped it seem like. Since capcom re-upped some cash from Sony they went full steam with SF V. I honestly feel they should've waited a year or two to release it.

I'm gonna miss IV, I never felt that great at the game, but I had fun playing it.

I cut it on today and it seems like its these two types of players left. Ether your getting into the game or your really good. I was getting bodied smh, been playing too much Blops 3

I think the timing was right. It's been what 7 years and riding high on the wave of the last Capcom Pro Tour, it's a good time to switch into SFV which is more oriented to the competitive gaming/e-sports side of things. It also helps a lot of people like me who sat on the sidelines of SFIV.

[rule]

Next Street Fighter 5 beta confirmed by new patch

A brand new, three gigabyte update for Street Fighter 5 just became available on PlayStation 4. After downloading, we've found that update is for an "overall renew for next beta test."

We don't yet have any information as to how many characters will be available, when this beta will begin or how long it will last, but we have reached out to Capcom for more information.

Game is a month out so im wondering why there's another test.

Same with me, i played the initial SF4, it was cool but i coulddn't get as good as needed so i stopped.

sfV looks a lot more user friendly.

definitely copping this MadCatz fightpad Pro.  I think it drops 1 week before SF V.  Think i'll cop the blue one with Chun's bitties on em.  Grew up playing on controllers not at the arcade.

when you play multiple games that FADC **** is not an issue. its people that are avid 3S players and they can switch from IV to 3S quick.

The more I watch SF5 the more excited I am to play Birdie! He's so good in this game. He's got all the tools that I hoped they would give him and his normals are awesome. Goodness man, I can't wait. Karin looks solid too, not my type of character but she hits hard.

Sidenote: Can anyone explain to me/link me to a guide about frame rates/counting frames and what relevance they have to the game? I hear folks always talk about "frame traps" and I want to know what that means exactly.

Street Fighter and most fighting games run at 60 frames per second. Think of a frame as a single picture which collectively with others makes a video or animation.

If you think of it like the flip page above, every second you flick through 60 pages to get the animation . Each page is one frame.

Moves in fighting games all have frame data, which is how many frames they take to complete and that can be broken down further into how long it takes to start, how long it's active for and how long it takes to recover so you can get back to blocking.

Example of why it matters are Light punches/Kick. They are really fast so they only require few frames to execute so if you threw out a light punch and your opponent throws out a heavy punch then because the light punch requires less frames on startup your move will land first because theirs is still starting up since the startup requires more frames.

By knowing how much frames a move is, you'll know which one of your moves to use at the right time to apply pressure or to punish an opponent.

It gets more complicated but I hope that helps

These
video breaks it down quite well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom