STREET FIGHTER

I'm just waiting on Urien da Gawd to be announced and this is looking like the best Street Fighter ever.

Never been a Urien fan. I used to have a decent Alex in New generation but I focused most of my time in Alpha 2 and the GOAT street fighter which is Alpha 3. By the time 3rd strike came out I was only playing with Ryu and Ken. Interested to play with Alex again...

iI7xOYx.gif

She looks good and that stage :wow:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5804/21291516469_282d3fb0b7_h.jpg/img]

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/684/21487025871_baef85db77_h.jpg

n Street Fighter V, Karin is a well-rounded character, possessing a wide array of strikes and moves at her disposal for any situation. Utilizing her new dash move allows her to close the distance quickly between her opponents and go in for a quick high-low attack or throw.

And just when the opponent thinks they’ve figured out how to deal with the pressure, Karin’s V-Trigger completely changes up her game plan by allowing her to perform her signature Guren Ken multi-string attacks and variations. Players who enjoy attacking with speed and a large variety of tools will find Karin to be extremely satisfying to utilize.

[h4]V-Skill: Meioken[/h4]

Karin lunges forward with a devastating palm strike that dissipates projectiles and knocks down the opponent if it connects, all while helping to build her V-Trigger gauge. By holding down the buttons, players can charge the move for a split second, giving it better hit and block properties.

[h4]V-Trigger: Kanzuki-Ryu Guren No Kata[/h4]

Karin channels her inner Ki to unlock the true potential of the Kanzuki fighting style, giving her access to the Guren Ken attack, which in itself possesses over half a dozen different follow ups and variations. After the initial Guren Ken, she is able to transition immediately into an overhead attack, a low sweep, a flying throw, another quick set of strikes, or even a backdash to bait out counterattacks. This gives her immense flexibility in controlling the flow of the fight, ensuring that she comes out on top.

Karin is playable at Tokyo Game Show, so be sure to stop by the Capcom booth if you are able to!

55FA65BF4A08030022

Last edited:
Capcom Fighters Network announced

The Capcom Fighters Network (CFN) is a community building tool that will be directly built into the online infrastructure of Street Fighter V.
Here is a list of some of the things that you’ll be able to do in-game via CFN:

• See where battles are happening all over the world on a “heat map”
  • View player profiles and detailed match statistics
  • Designate “rivals” throughout the world and monitor their performance
  • Register friends and follow your favorite players
  • Search and watch replay files
  • Send online battle invitations
  • Check out the latest patch and tournament news

And much more!
We’ll have more concrete details on all the various CFN features at a later date, but just to whet your appetite, here are some work-in-progress screenshots. The main CFN screen shows the “heat map” and will look something like this:

Each blinking light on the world map represents a pocket of active users that are engaged in online battles. With the heat map, you’ll be able see where all the action is taking place and even be able to drill down to the individual players who are fighting, in order to check out their profile information, past match history, replays, and even send them a fight request.
As Street Fighter V will be at the forefront of our eSports activities upon release, we wanted to make sure that players had access to all the statistical data possible to help analyze their weaknesses and improve their game.

The game tracks not only online win/loss records, but fine detail stats such as “how many light punches did you land,” “how many throws did you tech,” “in what ways did you win the match,” and much, much more. We are confident that players will appreciate this new knowledge and use it to push themselves to the next level and rise above the competition.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...ducing-karin-and-the-capcom-fighters-network/

They're integrating the game and it's online component straight into the FGC from the beginning.
This is going to be huge. I'm really impressed with what Capcom's doing.

Last edited:
How you going to have Karin without Sakura
107923_600.gif

[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]
That leak list is looking pretty accurate and refreshing..
Now I'm curious on DLC characters..

Yea im interested in DLC too. Akuma is bound to high priority and if Capcom is invested in the story then Sakura will need to be in at one point.

Karin byke! They should've at least incorporated one move with the fat butler, hopefully he makes a cameo in her win pose or something...

And mugen81 mugen81 is right. Karin was Ken to Sakura's Ryu. I'm positive she'll be DLC but since it's looking as if Urien and Alex are the final 2 returning characters I have to say I'm not impressed by the initial roster. DLC will definitely be a huge factor for this SF...which is why I don't believe that it will be "free"....

I dont think any character DLC will be free. I feel like people may have misread what they were saying about DLC. Until they actually come out and directly say word for word that all future characters will be free then i dont think its true.

DLC Characters won't be free. You will have to pay for them either with real money or fight money which is earned from playing the game.

Capcom is still figuring out the Economy to make it fair to the users while earning a profit as you do from DLC so no one should expect these characters to be free unless they put time with the game.

If the game is good and you enjoy it then yea the characters could essentially be free then.

Last edited:
It'll be similar to what Netherrealm studios and WB did with MKX with the in game content it was so many costumes and special moves but the amount of "in game" money you needed to unlock them was ridiculously high. There were only so many ways to earn reasonable amounts of money to even unlock one let alone the rest of the items. You were better off just buying them with real money if you wanted it that bad

Last edited:
I don't think Capcom will be bad as them with the Day 1 DLC for characters,moves and stuff in the krypt.

Also, Capcom have said that only new characters can be bought with fight money, cosmetic items will cost real money only so hopefully they can make money off that and be more lenient with the characters.

We'll see how it is, I expect it to be fair but time consuming. The amount of time people grind to level up their characters in Destiny or MMO's is what I expect from this to get a lot of fight money.

So no none of the new characters from sf4 made it yet , interesting . I actually liked Hakkan and Rufus

Karin byke! They should've at least incorporated one move with the fat butler, hopefully he makes a cameo in her win pose or something...

And mugen81 mugen81 is right. Karin was Ken to Sakura's Ryu. I'm positive she'll be DLC but since it's looking as if Urien and Alex are the final 2 returning characters I have to say I'm not impressed by the initial roster. DLC will definitely be a huge factor for this SF...which is why I don't believe that it will be "free"....

Capcom doesn't own some of the characters from the roster of EX.
Arika(from what I'm reading) owns the other characters..
Wouldn't mind Skullmania[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji] but Capcom gotta drop some bands for that.

Last edited:
Hoping we get Sim and Alex, or Boxer and Sagat,  but I'm guessing Urien and Alex. As of right now, probably just playing Vega if they gave him back good anti airs as opposed to SF4

I dont think any character DLC will be free. I feel like people may have misread what they were saying about DLC. Until they actually come out and directly say word for word that all future characters will be free then i dont think its true.
Maybe it will, but waaaaaay down the line.

Capcom doesn't own some of the characters from the roster of EX.
Arika(from what I'm reading) owns the other characters..
Wouldn't mind Skullmania[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji] but Capcom gotta drop some bands for that.

Sony got them bands.
I really could've done without Karin, her set ups look like she would be great for USFIV

I dont mind dlc packs, but for me it's pointless. may as well wait 6 months for ultimate sf5 EX plus and get all characters and dlc for the same price

I dont mind dlc packs, but for me it's pointless. may as well wait 6 months for ultimate sf5 EX plus and get all characters and dlc for the same price
Capcom have confirmed, in fact I believe they've guaranteed that the first SFV release will be the only physical release of the game and any upcoming variations of the game.

Back
Top Bottom