STORE GETTIN JAYS EARLY.....

JUST CURIOUS NT, WAS WONDERING HOW A LITTLE STORE OUT HERE IN HOUSTON IS ABLE TO GET JAYS SO EARLY. HOW DOES A STORE LIKE THAT GET A CERTAIN ACCOUNT DO THEY JUST PAY MORE FOR THE SHOES? THEY ALREADY HAVE THE TRUE BLUE THREES AND THE BORDEAUX FOR SALE.[h3]
[/h3]

JUST CURIOUS NT, WAS WONDERING HOW A LITTLE STORE OUT HERE IN HOUSTON IS ABLE TO GET JAYS SO EARLY. HOW DOES A STORE LIKE THAT GET A CERTAIN ACCOUNT DO THEY JUST PAY MORE FOR THE SHOES? THEY ALREADY HAVE THE TRUE BLUE THREES AND THE BORDEAUX FOR SALE.[h3]
[/h3]

im from houston too

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I from Htown as well. What spot do you speak of??? I know where to get early releases in Houston, but will never ever go to this dude, cuz he has the most ridiculous prices. Even on shoes that sit on shelves.

I from Htown as well. What spot do you speak of??? I know where to get early releases in Houston, but will never ever go to this dude, cuz he has the most ridiculous prices. Even on shoes that sit on shelves.

??? What store is that!? They probably just got them earlier than other retailers and are taking a chance of losing their account by selling them early. Usually retailers get them between 1 week-1 month before the release date.

??? What store is that!? They probably just got them earlier than other retailers and are taking a chance of losing their account by selling them early. Usually retailers get them between 1 week-1 month before the release date.

From what I know, not sure if correct or not. You have to be an established business to get a Nike/JB account. You get set up with a Nike representative that they meet up with on a monthly basis and discuss future releases. Most stores get them early and sell them early hoping they don't get caught selling them early. I wonder how they got those already tho. The owner might have an overseas connect and some how managed to buy them in bulk. Cuz most mom n pop get them at least 2 weeks to a week early and sell them to their usual cust. And big chain stores hold them until RD. That's just what I "know". Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

From what I know, not sure if correct or not. You have to be an established business to get a Nike/JB account. You get set up with a Nike representative that they meet up with on a monthly basis and discuss future releases. Most stores get them early and sell them early hoping they don't get caught selling them early. I wonder how they got those already tho. The owner might have an overseas connect and some how managed to buy them in bulk. Cuz most mom n pop get them at least 2 weeks to a week early and sell them to their usual cust. And big chain stores hold them until RD. That's just what I "know". Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

Originally Posted by Daver

Daver, you seem pretty spot on. Thats the way it works here in NYC. All the moms n pops get there kicks early, but usually no more than three weeks(start selling 2 weeks early). They dont publicize that they get them early, they just sell to the same dudes that come in on a mothly basis and know theyll release early. Years back, Footlocker got caught releasing jordan and launch kicks early, and they lost their account. I was just entering highschool. Stores or chains like that, have a much higher chance of getting caught, because word of mouth travels much faster for chains

Daver, you seem pretty spot on. Thats the way it works here in NYC. All the moms n pops get there kicks early, but usually no more than three weeks(start selling 2 weeks early). They dont publicize that they get them early, they just sell to the same dudes that come in on a mothly basis and know theyll release early. Years back, Footlocker got caught releasing jordan and launch kicks early, and they lost their account. I was just entering highschool. Stores or chains like that, have a much higher chance of getting caught, because word of mouth travels much faster for chains

Originally Posted by rendawgz

yup! Word of mouth does travel fast for big chains! A Finish Line over here in the bay area pretty much got a slap in the hand cuz the employees were reserving out multiple pairs for their people. I've been going to my local shop for about 11 years now and managed to gain this info throughout the years. Haha.

Back to the subject. My honest opinion on this matter is I think your local shop has an overseas connect to get these shoes a couple months early. In 2009, my boy from sole supremacy got the TB 3 in bulk and in 2010, he got the space jams about 4 months before release all from his connect overseas.

Originally Posted by rendawgz

yup! Word of mouth does travel fast for big chains! A Finish Line over here in the bay area pretty much got a slap in the hand cuz the employees were reserving out multiple pairs for their people. I've been going to my local shop for about 11 years now and managed to gain this info throughout the years. Haha.

Back to the subject. My honest opinion on this matter is I think your local shop has an overseas connect to get these shoes a couple months early. In 2009, my boy from sole supremacy got the TB 3 in bulk and in 2010, he got the space jams about 4 months before release all from his connect overseas.

couldnt these be left over true blue 3's from the last release? dont know about the vii's though, but those drop relatively soon. 3's are still a few months away. Thats some connect if they have one

couldnt these be left over true blue 3's from the last release? dont know about the vii's though, but those drop relatively soon. 3's are still a few months away. Thats some connect if they have one

Anybody remember when the Rising Sun XII's came out? The first shipment had a Japanese flag or something like that on the back, but Nike/JB recalled them, stating something like racial insensitivity and/or complaints from Asian customers...something like that. So stores had to return their shipments and have them replaced with the version that didn't have the flag.

Except some stores had sold some early and obviously couldn't get them back so the return shipments came up short...I dont know what the punishment was for that, but I'm sure Nike/JB wasn't happy...

Of course the few that got those recalled version have some exclusive kicks now...

Anybody remember when the Rising Sun XII's came out? The first shipment had a Japanese flag or something like that on the back, but Nike/JB recalled them, stating something like racial insensitivity and/or complaints from Asian customers...something like that. So stores had to return their shipments and have them replaced with the version that didn't have the flag.

Except some stores had sold some early and obviously couldn't get them back so the return shipments came up short...I dont know what the punishment was for that, but I'm sure Nike/JB wasn't happy...

Of course the few that got those recalled version have some exclusive kicks now...

well the few stores i know in houston as i am from there as well that get kicks early and sell early have insane prices and one store especially was taxing ppl on the bin 5's on release date but how they get them so early i have no idea. I know sheik shoes got caught selling early and got their account pulled for a year but its not that serious to me i can wait for rd.

well the few stores i know in houston as i am from there as well that get kicks early and sell early have insane prices and one store especially was taxing ppl on the bin 5's on release date but how they get them so early i have no idea. I know sheik shoes got caught selling early and got their account pulled for a year but its not that serious to me i can wait for rd.

Back
Top Bottom