STi chases a Vette on cold, wet track.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I saw the video like, last year. I tried looking for it on YouTube and couldn't find it. Sorry. No ducktales, though.
Yes, Ducktales.

He made that comment about a base model 'vette.

Are we talkin' about the same video?
indifferent.gif

you'd be an idiot to take a civic over a viper or vette.

BUT

you'd also be an idiot to think that cars such as civic's, integra's, evo's, etc can't be modded to hang up there with the big boys...

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Tsuchiya test drove the ZR1 himself and he said that the only thing the car is good for is a straight line.

I have a hard time believing he said that, if he did then he doesn't know what he's talking about. The numbers and results are all there.
Well Tsuchiya definitely knows what he's talking about...

If you have money you could pretty much convert any car into a car that would smoke exotics. Yes you can mod a civic to beat a viper or vette or porsche, etcif you have the money to drop into it. Yes a modded civic would take it in a straight line but would it have the driveability or practicality a stock Z06,stock 911, etc have. Would the Civic beat these cars around a track, probably not. Same thing goes for a Z06 owner if he wanted to drop money he could easilymod it and make it a 1000 hp plus and murder a modded civic etc, so it goes both ways.

I dont understand what there is to argue about.

There is no "choice"...Oh you can only have one car or the other! Where is this coming from? Let everyone enjoy their cars and start enjoying thecars for what they are.

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

and the le mans is an endurance race, the drivers are put to the test more than the cars.
grin.gif
besides the fact that the cars go under heavy stress for24 hours, I think they were trying to say that the corvettes compete in a race where they "get sideways". Yea most american cars suck but you gottagive respect where its due.

Jose canseco called that Impreza a civic, how did everyone overlook that?

Bunch of folks in this thread who dont know what they talkin bout.

Yes, Ducktales.

He made that comment about a base model 'vette.

figured so, did dude(Limited) NOT see all the suspension work they put into the ZR1?

Either a civic or vette could be both done to do either well on the strip or circut, the better one in those situations is gonna factor in on a few things
1. Driver
2.Money put into the car
3.quality of work put into the car

to say which one is better in the case of that is idiotic

I can say for just driving around the city at night I'd take the vette, get some exhaust, cam and header work done, and sit it on some 22" staggered3pc rims(even though it is indeed one of the most capable cars sold today)

for the track, I'd get a gutted civic hatch with a S/C k20 and lots of work done in terms of overall balance and handling and have it sitting on some volks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

Tsuchiya test drove the ZR1 himself and he said that the only thing the car is good for is a straight line.
interesting... can i get a link or video?
It wasn't a ZR1. It was a Z06. He was annoyed with the TCS kicking in at the wrong time, and ABS being sloppy.

Back
Top Bottom