Steve Nash crying Vol. True grit

This series was on of the greatest in playoff history.

Steve Nash is a first ballot Hall of Famer easily.

He was one series closer to the Finals. He had to cry.

The people that make fun of players crying after a game, those people have never played in a competitive game.

respect.
pimp.gif

Doesn't even look like he's crying. It's more of a physical pain he is showing, like hemorrhoids.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Not to beat the horse...

But could you imagine Lebron and Nash with D'Antoni in NY?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, but then reality hit when he signed that extension 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

This was his chance to win that ring, no way he will ever get one now. Respect though.

booo hooo, he had the key turnover at the end. draghic is going to be a hell of a starter once nash leaves

appreciated. i can sympathize with those who come up short. aside from skills/talent, their character on the court is the part of the reason why fans watch the nba, becoming involved in barbershop discussion (on the net, in person, phone, etc....) and follow it even after the season ends.

Also, he mentioned after G6, in between games he tried to convince himself that the suns were the better team, and as a leader he got his team to believe. Reality hurts, but he did give his all in the series to try to get to the next step.

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

No disrespect to Nash and his heart, but you guys act like this is the first time something like this has happened.

Don't even get me started on how most of ya'll reacted when Kobe and Fish were crying after being knocked out in 2003. Nobody played the "these guys have so much heart" card there.

Kobe had 4 rings by the time he was 24 and Fish by 27, so comparing them being upset for not getting 4 straight compared to a guy whos the best PG for the past 10 years who has come up short in all most every postseason. Nash was crying because he left it all on the table and he probably realized that his window is getting small fast

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

No disrespect to Nash and his heart, but you guys act like this is the first time something like this has happened.

Don't even get me started on how most of ya'll reacted when Kobe and Fish were crying after being knocked out in 2003. Nobody played the "these guys have so much heart" card there.

Kobe had 4 rings by the time he was 24 and Fish by 27, so comparing them being upset for not getting 4 straight compared to a guy whos the best PG for the past 10 years who has come up short in all most every postseason. Nash was crying because he left it all on the table and he probably realized that his window is getting small fast
3 rings.

And forgive me, but I don't see the difference. In fact, I think it shows Fish and Kobe's desire to win so much more because they still maintained the drive to win even after having won 3 straight.

I just find it funny that folks here want to give props to Nash because he shed some tears, especially after chastising him for YEARS. How did you feel about Adam Morrison when he lost to UCLA?

3 rings.

And forgive me, but I don't see the difference. In fact, I think it shows Fish and Kobe's desire to win so much more because they still maintained the drive to win even after having won 3 straight.

I just find it funny that folks here want to give props to Nash because he shed some tears, especially after chastising him for YEARS. How did you feel about Adam Morrison when he lost to UCLA?
i do think that Kobe and Fisher's drive to win after already getting 3 straight is impressive, When Morrison lost to UCLA, he knew it was basically over, even though he had another year to pursue a National Championship. Kobe and Fish were crying because they almost had Another ring but Nash was crying because hes beginning to realize its almost over. 
as for people hatin' on Nash for years and then suddenly embracing him after having a natural moment is life is beyond me. 

3 rings.

i do think that Kobe and Fisher's drive to win after already getting 3 straight is impressive, When Morrison lost to UCLA, he knew it was basically over, even though he had another year to pursue a National Championship. Kobe and Fish were crying because they almost had Another ring but Nash was crying because hes beginning to realize its almost over. 
as for people hatin' on Nash for years and then suddenly embracing him after having a natural moment is life is beyond me. 
Yeah, I can see where you guys are coming from, but for me, I've never hated Nash in my life, not once. I honestly have so much respect/connections with Nash... My PE teacher's a good friend and a personal trainer for Steve. Steve also helps my high school out A LOT with fundraising every single year. My coaches also played against him in his high school days. There's no way I would've hated him.

Like I said I am and always will be a Lakers fan, but seeing Nash cry like that was hard to watch. I mean, this was probably his best chance, and as the best in his squad, he laid it all on the floor but just couldn't do it... I bet there's so much stuff going on in his head right now, and I'm sure most you guys have already posted them.

I was trying to think of a better player that has never played in the finals and Chris Webber is the only name that comes to mind.

Anybody think of anyone else?

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I was trying to think of a better player that has never played in the finals and Chris Webber is the only name that comes to mind.

Dominique & Pistol Pete

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Dominique & Pistol Pete
Good call.  But I don't know if Pistol Pete was better than Nash.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Dominique & Pistol Pete
Good call.  But I don't know if Pistol Pete was better than Nash.
Stop it. Listen to anyone who saw Pistol play and they would label him as a "freak show" for his inherent scoring ability. Nash is a solid player, but come on, no borderline HOFer is going to be better than a player inducted into the NBA's Fifty Greatest.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Ya because what he did in college matters?

I mean why wouldn't it matter?
It doesn't even matter in this debate though... Pistol Pete was a beast.
egggk.png

Back
Top Bottom