Steve Nash crying Vol. True grit

One of the greatest PG's of our generation. Nothin' but respect for the guy. He's one of the toughest SOB's to lace em' up in the NBA, and while his time is running short...he's a guy who'd I love to see get a ring before he hung up the sneaks.

I dont see how people can just respect him now.

dudes always been balling and playing with his heart out there.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

One of the greatest PG's of our generation. Nothin' but respect for the guy. He's one of the toughest SOB's to lace em' up in the NBA, and while his time is running short...he's a guy who'd I love to see get a ring before he hung up the sneaks.

Originally Posted by BangDak

I dont see how people can just respect him now.

dudes always been balling and playing with his heart out there.

This

4 months ago NT hated Nash, he was "done";"overrated" and "washed up"

I respect him as a player but he is an idiot for signing that extension. No way is that team gonna make the Finals with the Lakers in the West and the Thunder on the come up. His best chance at making the Finals would have been if he played for an Eastern Conference team.

Im still not a fan. Is Steve Nash a great player? Yes he is, but he still lacks on the defensive end. Plus, Nash was put into a system that benefited him and his skill set but still wasn't able to lead his team to the NBA Finals. Is he a great PG? Yes, but there are about 15 others still playing or in the H.O.F. that I would rather have over Steve Nash.

Much respect to Steve
pimp.gif

Made me sad when I saw him cry
frown.gif

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Not to beat the horse...

But could you imagine Lebron and Nash with D'Antoni in NY?

I imagined it until he signed that extension. Smh

He might be one of the best shooting players in NBA history. FG% isn't going to support it, though it's still not far off, but given the variety of shots he shoots off the dribble, contested, catch and shoot, pullup going left, etc. and his size it is amazing.

I felt like last night they overdid that pick and roll with Amare then feeding Amare after the switch. The Lakes were ready for it so it played right into their hands, they'd "let" Amare get the ball then swarm him. And speaking of Amare, how did he only have 3 boards?

What do you call a power forward with 3 rebounds in an elimination game?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Honestly thought the thread would be different when I read the title. Thought it would be people like 'Oh, did you see Steve crying? What a pansy.
laugh.gif
"

But yeah, I respect the guy, and it was tough seeing him break down like that. He knows that thei window of opportunity is closed.

Like someone mentioned, though, maybe if he focused on defense half as much as offense, he wouldn't be 0-3 in conference finals.

Yup, I tell people all the time that no matter what the Suns do they're not contenders. They don't get enough stops to win it all. 

No disrespect to Nash and his heart, but you guys act like this is the first time something like this has happened.

Don't even get me started on how most of ya'll reacted when Kobe and Fish were crying after being knocked out in 2003. Nobody played the "these guys have so much heart" card there.

--I respect dude. I like dude. But I dont feel sorry for him. There's a difference.
--Nash's window is closed IMO. Unless he chases a ring on a contending team.

i used to dislike Nash, but he's really gained my respect over the last season or so. everybody was saying he was washed up and he just came back in a big way.

he should sign with the Lakers or someone and win a chip in the twilight of his career.

Nash showed more heart then Amare

dude runs up n down the court pounding his chest

if Amare leaves I hope the organization puts a last effort for a run

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Respect. It's messed up that he'll probably never he get a ring. He's already up there in age.
What are you talking about? Nash is gonna be even better next season

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Not to beat the horse...

But could you imagine Lebron and Nash with D'Antoni in NY?

Was possible.. but he signed his contract..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Honestly thought the thread would be different when I read the title. Thought it would be people like 'Oh, did you see Steve crying? What a pansy.
laugh.gif
"

But yeah, I respect the guy, and it was tough seeing him break down like that. He knows that thei window of opportunity is closed.

Like someone mentioned, though, maybe if he focused on defense half as much as offense, he wouldn't be 0-3 in conference finals.
I REJECT this notion, what makes you think he isn't focused on defense? What makes you think he isn't out there not giving 100% of his total effort on D? A guy isn't focused on D isn't top 20 in charges drawn like Nash is. I'm NOT saying Steve Nash is a good defender, because he isn't but this isn't about effort it's about ability, and unfortunately 35 year old Nash with a bad back can't keep up with dudes in man to man situations, but he competes hard and rotates VERY well on defense. He is part of the reason the suns zone worked pretty well in slowing down the Lakers. 

He's got a chance to win a ring if he leaves the Suns for a contender. Any good team would love to have him.

I got respect for Nash, unlike that fraud Amare. I don't feel sorry for him though.

He had his chances and their lack of commiting to defense has always been their down fall.

Although this is the best I've ever seen their defense though.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

i respect the guy, he's a hell of a player. but i don't feel sorry for the guy, he's not special. he's not the first and won't be the last guy to come up short. heck of a player though. if he played defense like he plays offense he would have gotten there.
this.

stockton and malone to name a few. on to the next one son.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

He's got a chance to win a ring if he leaves the Suns for a contender. Any good team would love to have him.

I got respect for Nash, unlike that fraud Amare. I don't feel sorry for him though.

He had his chances and their lack of commiting to defense has always been their down fall.

Although this is the best I've ever seen their defense though.
The 2006/2007 Phoenix Suns were better.  Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, (underrated defender), and most importantly Shawn Marion who people seem to forget how dominate defensively he was. 2 blocks and 2 steals, with almost 12 rebounds a game. 
sick.gif

Gained alot of respect for Nash. Especially during this postseason. HOFer no doubt. Idk if he'll ever be a champion though..

always loved nash's game....cant really say anything bad about the game...love watching him play and the way he gets his whole team involved...

I'm usually not a fan of crying, but the fact that he did it in the locker room & not on the court, makes me respect it a lot more. 
Sad to say, Steve will prolly never win a ring. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom