Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

yo i never do decline bench. worth doing?
I like to switch off between decline and weighted dips. Changing up your routine now and then can be quite beneficial

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Is this OD for my first session?

In order:

Incline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Flat bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Decline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Can I bench again tomorrow or should I wait till thurs and work something else tomorrow?

I only plan to work out mon-fri in the mornings.

That's not over-training at all but I have a few suggestions. Get rid of the 15 rep sets at the beginning of each exercise, it's pretty pointless. Do 1or 2 warm up sets of 10 reps or so and then lift whatever is challenging for you. Do 4 additional sets of incline (your warm up sets dont count), followed my 4sets of flat and then for the last exercise you could do either decline, dumbells, dips, cables, pec deck, etc.

I'm not a fan of decline bench, I almost never do them...they feel like a waste of time whenever I try it. I just feel a rush of blood come to my head butmy chest doesnt feel stimulated at all
laugh.gif

#%+* decline, I messed up my rotator cuff doing that.... I just stick to flat bench and incline even though i got a bad rotator.

Originally Posted by wj4

wj4- great that you're still getting exercise in though, it's going to help out a lot. the body needs a metabolism spike once in a while anyway, don't want it getting too efficient. enjoy it.
That was the first thing I did after we unpacked at the hotel.
laugh.gif
I went to the gym down the street and signed up for 15 days. Apparently it's pretty big in Europe, the gym is called Fitness First. I go for 2 hours everyday at 6AM, except for Sunday...pretty much the same routine as back home. I also had the chance to run along a beach shore at sun rise...man that was one of the best running sessions I've ever had.

It's just hard because I can't cook for myself and all I have in the hotel are snacks. My family members over here eat like crazy and they're still skinny. I mean full 3 course meals...every meal! I still choose carefully to an extend, not eating cakes drenched in chocolate, but still eating more than I would back at home. I'm leaving on Thursday so I would be back on the same routine soon enough.
laugh.gif
just enjoy yourself man. you'll be back on the routine soon enough...

smh, there's high fructose corn syrup in everything. cutting out many many foods.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

In order:

Incline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Flat bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Decline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Can I bench again tomorrow or should I wait till thurs and work something else tomorrow?

That's not over-training at all but I have a few suggestions. Get rid of the 15 rep sets at the beginning of each exercise, it's pretty pointless. Do 1 or 2 warm up sets of 10 reps or so and then lift whatever is challenging for you. Do 4 additional sets of incline (your warm up sets dont count), followed my 4 sets of flat and then for the last exercise you could do either decline, dumbells, dips, cables, pec deck, etc.

I'm not a fan of decline bench, I almost never do them...they feel like a waste of time whenever I try it. I just feel a rush of blood come to my head but my chest doesnt feel stimulated at all
laugh.gif
i agree if you do more weight and less reps you will probably see better results

Just had some cottage cheese before hitting the sack.
That %$%% is delicious
laugh.gif
. Taste just like creamy cheese to me
except lumpy

Cottage cheese alone is ruthless. but I learnt to love it.

I love having it on some bread along with my oats/egg omelette

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

Okay NT, im 5'8 140 and I look like a kid from Cambodia. What do I do? :[

same problem i got with a few of my homies. i dont know what to tell them haha

someone school me on circuit training because it sounds like this workout can be done in like 5minutes....

I eat 1/2 cup of cottage cheese+can of tuna+a few spoonfulls of salsa+some spices M-F for lunch. taste
pimp.gif

try it before you
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I3

eeB,

thanks dude... I just read up on the GI index and from what I gather anything 55 and below is low GI. What do you do in terms of your diet regarding carbs, i.e. portions?
do you have a specific number of carbs you will consume a day? and would you add those foods that aren't carb-natured? (eg. apple vs potato) - would the apple be a fruit not a carb portion?

Im trying to cut body fat but maintain weight if that helps.
posted a long reply to this... wasn't signed in and lost it
smh.gif
carb dieting, i basically think of it on the 5 meal a day plan, with abreakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. the only time i stray from that is for protein after workouts. my breakfast is low carb with an emphasis on protein, mylunch is a mix of protein and carbs (usually take an omega-3/6 fat capsule with it as well), and my dinners are usually low GI carbs with not much protein orfat. i don't count specific carbs per day, but i eat nothing from the high or medium GI list, and more or less allow myself to eat as much low GI carbs asi want for snacks. the apple would count as a fruit and carb portion, but they're so low GI, one of the lowest among fruits, so i eat as many as i want tokeep me feeling hungry.

headin to the gym in a few

doin chest

maybe gonna try decline?
nerd.gif

i feel weird that ive never tried it.....ive been lifting of a while, i feel like this is not that uncommon of a lift. i do way more obscure ones sometimes.

how much should i be throwin on there.....i feel like you can decline more than you can flat bench obviously, but i feel like hella weight would be bad foryour shoulders?

where is lurkin dude's been mia in this thread lately, did an audi dealership open next to his gym or something?

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

Originally Posted by I3

eeB,

thanks dude... I just read up on the GI index and from what I gather anything 55 and below is low GI. What do you do in terms of your diet regarding carbs, i.e. portions?
do you have a specific number of carbs you will consume a day? and would you add those foods that aren't carb-natured? (eg. apple vs potato) - would the apple be a fruit not a carb portion?

Im trying to cut body fat but maintain weight if that helps.
posted a long reply to this... wasn't signed in and lost it
smh.gif
carb dieting, i basically think of it on the 5 meal a day plan, with a breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. the only time i stray from that is for protein after workouts. my breakfast is low carb with an emphasis on protein, my lunch is a mix of protein and carbs (usually take an omega-3/6 fat capsule with it as well), and my dinners are usually low GI carbs with not much protein or fat. i don't count specific carbs per day, but i eat nothing from the high or medium GI list, and more or less allow myself to eat as much low GI carbs as i want for snacks. the apple would count as a fruit and carb portion, but they're so low GI, one of the lowest among fruits, so i eat as many as i want to keep me feeling hungry.

Sweet dude,

So basically your carb intake is highest and prevalent during lunch times? I read that carbs (not sure if low or hi GI) are most beneficial after 6 hours ofan intense exercise, so I try my best to do that as well. I also try and have a simple carb portion before a workout i.e. banana so that I dont bonk and havea quick boost of energy - particularly good if your working out first thing in the morning..

TRUST ME. Do decline every once in awhile and it will show in your chest.

i forgot all about that exercise but started doing it again, my bottom chest has definitely got that cut going on right now. And yes you can do alot more ondecline, especially if your doing barbell decline.

sucks the weight room at my gym is closed for a few days and ive been eating crap.... SMH

i need to go running tonight

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

In order:

Incline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Flat bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

Decline bench
1 rep of 15
1 rep of 12
1 rep of 10

That's not over-training at all but I have a few suggestions. Get rid of the 15 rep sets at the beginning of each exercise, it's pretty pointless. Do 1 or 2 warm up sets of 10 reps or so and then lift whatever is challenging for you. Do 4 additional sets of incline (your warm up sets dont count), followed my 4 sets of flat and then for the last exercise you could do either decline, dumbells, dips, cables, pec deck, etc.

I'm not a fan of decline bench, I almost never do them...they feel like a waste of time whenever I try it. I just feel a rush of blood come to my head but my chest doesnt feel stimulated at all
laugh.gif
Thanks for the advice. The reason why I started with 15 reps because I took it from this magazine.

2hrh8vc.jpg

question for those more knowledgeable in the weightlifting department.

i know i'm not supposed to be working the same muscle groups day in day out (which i'm quite guilty of sometimes). but is it alright to do toningexercises of the same muscle groups more frequently tan strength training? also, do i still require a high amount of protein in order for my muscles to gettoned, or is the high protein only really necessary for adding more muscle mass?

i know i'm not supposed to be working the same muscle groups day in day out (which i'm quite guilty of sometimes). but is it alright to do toning exercises of the same muscle groups more frequently tan strength training? also, do i still require a high amount of protein in order for my muscles to get toned, or is the high protein only really necessary for adding more muscle mass?

1g of protein per lb of body weight and if you're trying to get larger it's like 1.5-2

i know i'm not supposed to be working the same muscle groups day in day out (which i'm quite guilty of sometimes). but is it alright to do toning exercises of the same muscle groups more frequently tan strength training? also, do i still require a high amount of protein in order for my muscles to get toned, or is the high protein only really necessary for adding more muscle mass?

1g of protein per lb of body weight and if you're trying to get larger it's like 1.5-2

Back
Top Bottom